Review JLT Community Series opener - Sydney v North @ Coffs

Remove this Banner Ad

These games don't matter at all and they really tell us very little. It's impossible to determine which players will thrive at the top level of the AFL until they get there. I don't recall being overly impressed by Aliir Aliir based on both his performances in the NAB games and in the NEAFL, yet he looked right at home at the very most senior level. I don't bother looking at performances so much as attributes. ie. I look at players like Foote and O'Riordan and just think they could really thrive given their attributes, even though their performances were pretty ordinary in this match.

Conolly Old Mate, Foote will be extremely lucky if he reaches those heights.
I think Foote can develop into a decent HFF, better than Robinson anyway. Midfield not so sure, has decent hands, decent skill and you can tell he has bags of raw potential, but you really have to question his vision and composure.

Foot amongst the best

I must have watched a different game I guess
His 2nd half was far more impressive than his first, same with Newman. They both grew into the game as it wore on and more the ball fluently on a few occasions.

They're not quite there yet, but another NEAFL season and time in the gym would be great. At least they both have senior contracts.

These games don't matter at all and they really tell us very little. It's impossible to determine which players will thrive at the top level of the AFL until they get there. I don't recall being overly impressed by Aliir Aliir based on both his performances in the NAB games and in the NEAFL, yet he looked right at home at the very most senior level. I don't bother looking at performances so much as attributes. ie. I look at players like Foote and O'Riordan and just think they could really thrive given their attributes, even though their performances were pretty ordinary in this match.

No place here for commonsense. Horse and co haven't a clue, reading the majority. I don't how they keep making it to the finals? Jlt1.....

Foot amongst the best

I must have watched a different game I guess

what did you like about him punts, in the seniors last year i thought he looked too slow. i was thinking he should be tried as a tagger (if there is such a thing anymore) but beyond that couldn't see aplace for him in the side

You were not impressed by Aliir in the NEAFL? How many games did you see? His intercept marking and ability to make the contest were sensational in the NEAFL. Not to mention his ability to set up play and break the lines.

Did you really watch any NEAFL, a little NEAFL maybe but not a lot?

On HUAWEI Y560-U23 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know bedford may cringe a little when I say this but I reckon Mills had a fair bit of Macca about him on the weekend. That is a good thing too. Macca on song is a bloody top notch player.

Just that pull up to create space and time to make a decision and kick was very Macca-esque I reckon. Has his kicking action changed slightly from last year too perhaps?

He looked really good out there. For all the talk about which is better between Heens & Mills. I think they'll both be as good as each other but in different ways. Mills certainly seems years above his age in his playing style. Smooth like Maccas best but a fair bit harder at it (with far less pointing). Great to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But that is a position now that you don't have to pick up, easy to get kicks if you have some ability
Captain courageous Hodge mans up that paddock too. He fends off blades of grass and slight breezes and he's called out as some kind of superhuman legend. Macca does it and he's given crap for pointing for guys to pick up his man that he's let run loose to the contest causing the turnover. Go figure. :p

Captain courageous Hodge mans up that paddock too. He fends off blades of grass and slight breezes and he's called out as some kind of superhuman legend. Macca does it and he's given crap for pointing for guys to pick up his man that he's let run loose to the contest causing the turnover. Go figure. :p
He's not in the same class as Hodge.

You were not impressed by Aliir in the NEAFL? How many games did you see? His intercept marking and ability to make the contest were sensational in the NEAFL. Not to mention his ability to set up play and break the lines.

Did you really watch any NEAFL, a little NEAFL maybe but not a lot?

We don't often agree Wolfy, but you got that one spot on.

I called it very early on watching his 'attributes', as Caesar mentioned, such as being able to pluck the ball low down off his bootlaces cleanly and consistently as well as being a clean one grab overhead mark and willingness to take them on would go a long way to see him have a good career.

There was one WA based poster on here (can't remember his name) who just absolutely bollocked the recruiting staff when he got drafted saying he had nothing and was the worst pick in draft history. Clueless...

We don't often agree Wolfy, but you got that one spot on.

I called it very early on watching his 'attributes', as Caesar mentioned, such as being able to pluck the ball low down off his bootlaces cleanly and consistently as well as being a clean one grab overhead mark and willingness to take them on would go a long way to see him have a good career.

There was one WA based poster on here (can't remember his name) who just absolutely bollocked the recruiting staff when he got drafted saying he had nothing and was the worst pick in draft history. Clueless...
I was thinking the same, we have a couple over there that post.

Regardless of maccas year last year the bloke has been a gun

250+ games

All Aus

To be thrown at HB and get all Aus in 13 was pretty impressive

Fair resume for a player and will pass the 300 game mark this year.

Worthy of respect and the misuse of his name shits me to no end and is blatantly disrespectful by several around here. /rant

Premierships McVeigh 1, Bedford ?
Don't know if you saw Peter Bedford play. I did. A superbly skilled footballer and courageous. Played in an era when ball players got no protection, got targeted by thugs in boots and he played brilliantly in fairly ordinary teams. Peter Bedford played 178 games and kicked 325 goals as a ROVER. He was our B&F five times, leading goal kicker three times in a career of 8 years. He roved to losing rucks every week and would catch and kill his own goals. In a stronger team could have won a couple of Brownlow's and captained a premiership or two. Brownlow's - Bedford 1 McVeigh ?????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back