JLT Community Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Stinky Monk

All Australian
Aug 26, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Draw for the rebadged NAB challenge released. Some good fixtures for us. The Prince of Narrandera, Matty Flynn will once again get to reign in his home town, and will be a nice goodwill building exercise for us in the Riverena. Something also for the Canberra fans, and the token Blacktown game. My only gripe is that I would have liked the Blacktown game to be in a weekend twilight time slot so that more of the junior fans could get out to the game, but looks pretty good overall. Thoughts?

MATCH 1

Saturday, 18 February
GIANTS v West Coast Eagles
Narrandera Sports Stadium
2:05pm

MATCH 2
Friday, 3 March
GIANTS v Sydney Swans
Blacktown International SportsPark
7:40pm T

MATCH 3
Friday, 10 March
GIANTS v North Melbourne
Manuka Oval
5:50pm

Last edited:
Draw for the rebadged NAB challenge released. Some good fixtures for us. The Prince of Narrandera, Marty Flynn will once again get to reign in his home town, and will be a nice goodwill building exercise for us in the Riverena. Something also for the Canberra fans, and the token Blacktown game. My only gripe is that I would have liked the Blacktown game to be in a weekend twilight time slot so that more of the junior fans could get out to the game, but looks pretty good overall. Thoughts?

MATCH 1

Saturday, 18 February
GIANTS v West Coast Eagles
Narrandera Sports Stadium
2:05pm

MATCH 2
Friday, 3 March
GIANTS v Sydney Swans
Blacktown International SportsPark
7:40pm T

MATCH 3
Friday, 10 March
GIANTS v North Melbourne
Manuka Oval
5:50pm
Two things
I'm amazed the Weagles drew an interstate game, let alone the Riverina. The travel would be two hops, and can they find it? No problem with us playing in our academy zone. I know we travel more often but their travel would be tougher with longer flights and 2 hour time zones to negotiate.
I think it would be a bit of cumulitive strain over the season. Guess they cant play all three against Freo ( too many bruises).

Two things
I'm amazed the Weagles drew an interstate game, let alone the Riverina. The travel would be two hops, and can they find it? No problem with us playing in our academy zone. I know we travel more often but their travel would be tougher with longer flights and 2 hour time zones to negotiate.
I think it would be a bit of cumulitive strain over the season. Guess they cant play all three against Freo ( too many bruises).

They'll be right. Being week 1 of the trials, I am sure that majority of the squad that they will send over won't be travelling outside of the WAFL zone for the rest of the year anyway.

They'll be right. Being week 1 of the trials, I am sure that majority of the squad that they will send over won't be travelling outside of the WAFL zone for the rest of the year anyway.
Fair comment, not too worried for them just trying to be objective.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back