JLT Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm glad that a backline rookie finally showed signs. Coffield D5, Doedee D6 is about all the risk I want to take in the backline right now.
You would have to be pretty brave to run 3 rookies in the backline or forward line this year.

That's the likiest like that ever liked.

I'm glad that a backline rookie finally showed signs. Coffield D5, Doedee D6 is about all the risk I want to take in the backline right now.
You would have to be pretty brave to run 3 rookies in the backline or forward line this year.

It's just the classic preseason rookie trajectory. I start out gung ho with 3 rookies forward and back, which allows me to feel good with 5 or 6 super premo mids and boldly state 'I don't much like the look of the forward/back options this year, gonna load up dem mids'. At this point the rookies are all just 'placeholders'.

Then as I get seduced by some of the under or midpriced options, I slink down to fielding two rookies forward and back, figuring that surely I will be laughing to fill those spots, there's plenty of available options.

Then throughout JLT it becomes clear that half the rookies I had pencilled in are totally far-fetched, I remember that most club board 'Best 22's are wildly skewed towards youth, and the other half have gotten injured.

Panic stations as I realise you can maybe get away with one on field in either position, and to do that I must compromise my beautifully stacked midfield. This is where the dud picks like Zac Jones and David Swallow last year (Christensen, Armitage this year?) come in because I am desperate for someone dirt cheap with guaranteed best 22 status.

The next phase is I start shedding my premium rookies to re-enforce my midfield and by this stage I'm feeling real sensible with only 4 rookies on field. Then round 1 selection comes and there are more options than predicted, I put someone at D8 that I'd never even heard of and two rounds later I've got three rooks dead on my bench whilst I've burnt four trades chasing the premium rookie flyers that I should've just stuck with.

Not this time, not this time.

Dow, Coffield & Clark all looked pretty good

My mate Alex Pearce should play

Headache Heath
I promised I would never go near him again............but he's priced at 80 and went 95 and 100 in his first two years at the Giants and now has no Wilson and no Williams

I have said that about ex's so many times...... Haha, never again until next time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's not the right place to ask the question but it's kind of a result from my problem,
I have just changed from IPhone to Android and can't find the app. Is there one and if so how do you find it?

I know it's not the right place to ask the question but it's kind of a result from my problem,
I have just changed from IPhone to Android and can't find the app. Is there one and if so how do you find it?

Just go to the sports deck home page and there are links to the App to download:

IMG_0641.JPG IMG_0642.JPG

Last edited:

FFS...

Might have to trade down to Boak then
Yes, because not being listed to play the Suns first JLT game means he won't make the cut for the real stuff.

Edit: why not just leave him in your team for now until you're certain he's in or out?

Yes, because not being listed to play the Suns first JLT game means he won't make the cut for the real stuff.

Edit: why not just leave him in your team for now until you're certain he's in or out?

With a new coach I don't think you want to spend the Uber Premo $$$ on a player that may/may not have good JS

Boak. No thanks.
Underrated for mine, regularly goes 95-100, saw him at Ballarat late last season and he was dominant.

Not convinced on Billings' consistency as yet plus limited preseason, would rather look at him as an upgrade target

There's a difference between not being listed to play and being cut from an extended bench

He was cut

Underrated for mine, regularly goes 95-100, saw him at Ballarat late last season and he was dominant.

Not convinced on Billings' consistency as yet plus limited preseason, would rather look at him as an upgrade target

There's a difference between not being listed to play and being cut from an extended bench

He was cut

Boak is looking totally ripped and in for a great season.

I see Boak as a potentially similar pick to what Ziebell was in 2015. Ziebell would've been a top forward that year had he not been injured early on which effected his average.

Boak is a potential upgrade. With the new signings at Port, where does he fit in? He is best 22 but where?

Port fans probably would know more than me, but I’d prefer to go with a player like Heeney/Lynch or even go with Buddy because you know what you are getting.

Boak is a potential upgrade. With the new signings at Port, where does he fit in? He is best 22 but where?

Port fans probably would know more than me, but I’d prefer to go with a player like Heeney/Lynch or even go with Buddy because you know what you are getting.
Imo Boak will always be a midfielder first type, plus he's their captain still.

Whether he plays inside or outside on a wing/flank we don't know yet, but he finds his own footy and can get +4s and +6s too. Ebert is arguably Ports most versatile mid able to run with guys on both inside and outside and can play the inside ballwinner role too, so perhaps he may get shuffled around too to accommodate whoever.

Screenshot_2018-03-03-08-13-30.png

Looking at how Port have gone over the years since we'll say 2009 when he first cracked a 90 average.

2009 middle of the road
2010 middle of the road, solid average for a forward eligible player
2011 rubbish (tarp era)
2012 diabolical and his worst average since 2008 (tarp era)
2013 improved and made finals, pretty sure he was AA also that year, best performed year DT wise
2014 contenders, his 3rd best DT average
2015 had pressure on them to perform, yet didn't, weren't bad, but their flaws prevented them making the 8. He started the year well then petered out, 2nd best average
2016 average year for Port, average average for Boak
2017 Port improved again, Boak had some big games against say the Dogs and Gold Coast, but stinkers against St Kilda in the wet, and against Geelong and Carlton kept his average from being in that 95 range

I'd say if Port are tipped to contend then I'd imagine he'll average around 95, he has history scoring well when they play well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back