Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Things you’d like to see/not see

Wilson and Ryan combining for some semblance of decent back half back movement
If Darcy isn’t playing, then Jones and Meek to play.
At least 3 of Brayshaw, Cerra, Crowden, Giro and North to play.

A hint that the forwards know what the hell they’re doing. One of Taberner or Dixon to play deep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things you’d like to see/not see

Wilson and Ryan combining for some semblance of decent back half back movement
If Darcy isn’t playing, then Jones and Meek to play.
At least 3 of Brayshaw, Cerra, Crowden, Giro and North to play.

A hint that the forwards know what the hell they’re doing. One of Taberner or Dixon to play deep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't want Ballas to play, he's had a bad track record with soft tissues in preseason games.
More youngsters in this one and the better performers to play JLT2 as well. Definitely want to see Brayshaw, Cerra, Crowden and Giro.
Cox playing forward alongside McCarthy please.

Want to see Taberner playing deep forward. Not sure if he's fit to go yet though after a late start to preseason.

Would be even better to see a full complement of talls. Taberner, Cox, McCarthy all playing together.

I wanna see my buddy kick 4 and light it up! I have a feeling Ballas is in for a big year.

Genuine pressure for spots, last year of contract, but most importantly - a full preseason thanks to the extra Pilates classes. At least he’s put in the effort to try something different, so perhaps it’s time to get a different outcome (kicking some goals!). Otherwise he’ll at least stay injury free and frustrate everyone by slipping over every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love to see Tabs play as a full forward just constantly running leading patterns, never drifting more than 60m out from goal.

Matera staying as close to Tabs as possible without letting his defender peel off to go 3rd man up. Ready to run in for the loose ball if Tabs doesn't mark it.

McCarthy as the CHF working in the 100m to 40m out zone. Taking care when getting closer to goal to not lead in the same direction as Tabs.

Cox working up the wings into the 50. Try to draw a tall defender away from doubling teaming Tabs. If it's a long bomb entering the F50 try drift into any packs forming. Go for the speccie, if he doesn't mark it making sure it's a 50/50 loose ball.

The rest of our smalls need to be forbidden from joining any packs forming. One to stay goal side and the other on the defensive side of the pack.

Want to see our midfielders running hard to lock the ball into the 50. Not all getting sucked into the pack.

When we do have the ball locked in I want to see Ryan/Wilson about 60-70m out from goal. A Ryan intercept, handpass to Wilson who has a shot.

If a player gets the ball within 50m and has a half opportunity I want to see then have a ping for goal. No centering the ball unless we have a player completely free and they are willing to bet their left nut that the player won't drop it.

Too much to ask?

I would love to see Tabs play as a full forward just constantly running leading patterns, never drifting more than 60m out from goal.

Matera staying as close to Tabs as possible without letting his defender peel off to go 3rd man up. Ready to run in for the loose ball if Tabs doesn't mark it.

McCarthy as the CHF working in the 100m to 40m out zone. Taking care when getting closer to goal to not lead in the same direction as Tabs.

Cox working up the wings into the 50. Try to draw a tall defender away from doubling teaming Tabs. If it's a long bomb entering the F50 try drift into any packs forming. Go for the speccie, if he doesn't mark it making sure it's a 50/50 loose ball.

The rest of our smalls need to be forbidden from joining any packs forming. One to stay goal side and the other on the defensive side of the pack.

Want to see our midfielders running hard to lock the ball into the 50. Not all getting sucked into the pack.

When we do have the ball locked in I want to see Ryan/Wilson about 60-70m out from goal. A Ryan intercept, handpass to Wilson who has a shot.

If a player gets the ball within 50m and has a half opportunity I want to see then have a ping for goal. No centering the ball unless we have a player completely free and they are willing to bet their left nut that the player won't drop it.

Too much to ask?

Fast ball movement through the corridor using several different options to move the ball into a FWD line like previously described.

Good synergy between Ryan and Wilson to get ball into the hands of a fast moving midfield.

Am i the only one that has the hump because we have to travel twice to SA in the pre-season? And not only that we have to go by camel train to some dump where the main feature of the town is a tailing pond.

Am i the only one that has the hump because we have to travel twice to SA in the pre-season? And not only that we have to go by camel train to some dump where the main feature of the town is a tailing pond.
Strathalbyn is only an hour's drive from the Airport. It's hardly outback.

2 trips to Radelaide (the shortest road trip we do) get the team (especially the newcomers) used to our process. It's good from that respect.

Then we have 3 weeks in perth before Rnd 1.

It could be a lot worse. Alice springs anyone?

It's not too bad.

Last edited:
Extended squad
Cam Sutcliffe
Alex Pearce
Luke Ryan
Connor Blakely
Michael Johnson
Nathan Wilson
Bradley Hill
Aaron Sandilands
Nat Fyfe