Unofficial Preview JLT- Game 1 v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd forgotten that we were once able to kick 19 goals in a game.
Once? Pfffft.

We've kicked 19+ goals on 42 occasions in our club history (506 games = 8.3%).

We've kicked 19+: 6 times v Essendon and Melbourne (never v Geelong, Gold Coast or Hawthorn).

Under RTB we've kicked 19+ on 9 occasions (141 games = 6.4%).

We've kicked 19+ on three occasions since the end of 2013 season. Last time: rd 12, 2016 v Brisbane (32 games ago).

People getting all excited about seeing the new chums tried out in the pre-season are going to be disappointed.

Lyon always uses the JLT or whatever its called as training runs for the main team with a couple of the higher draft picks given a few minutes. Most of the new guys will have be content with Peel scratchies.

Also anybody who thinks that Lyon will start off in Rnd 1 with a dashing young side hasn't been paying much attention for the past few years. He will always revert to the default game philosophy. Defence with a conservative mindset.

Stalwarts like Sutcliffe, D Pearce , Ballantyne and Johnson are all likely to figure in the rnd 1 team. This will be the case until a few games in when we have copped a couple of smashings and the season is lost. You cant teach an old dog new tricks

People getting all excited about seeing the new chums tried out in the pre-season are going to be disappointed.

Lyon always uses the JLT or whatever its called as training runs for the main team with a couple of the higher draft picks given a few minutes. Most of the new guys will have be content with Peel scratchies.

Also anybody who thinks that Lyon will start off in Rnd 1 with a dashing young side hasn't been paying much attention for the past few years. He will always revert to the default game philosophy. Defence with a conservative mindset.

Stalwarts like Sutcliffe, D Pearce , Ballantyne and Johnson are all likely to figure in the rnd 1 team. This will be the case until a few games in when we have copped a couple of smashings and the season is lost. You cant teach an old dog new tricks
He generally uses the first or second game as an audition. Whoever doesn't perform is pretty much on the outer, a lot of players were dropped last pre season, with more of the same 22 performing together. Expect to see that happen again.

Any clever people on here who know where to get a stream of the game? I dont have foxtel (cant justify it for the one channel ill watch) and i live too far away to attend.

Last year I watched most games on my phone via the crownbet app, but the quality is dodgey.

Whilst I agree in general, surely Lloyd Meek will get a game as otherwise in a scratchy big Sandi is going solo in the ruck. Expect our two top picks to get a game a score well.

Any clever people on here who know where to get a stream of the game? I dont have foxtel (cant justify it for the one channel ill watch) and i live too far away to attend.

Last year I watched most games on my phone via the crownbet app, but the quality is dodgey.
It might be on at a pub.

I've got the afl live app because I like having the extra stats, it has a stream as well which i think is better than the crownbet stream.
If you want the app, don't pay $99, instead buy the $30 dollar telstra prepaid sim and get the premium app as a bonus

You (or everyone here) should seriously give them a ring and try and sweet talk your way into a deal - over the last 10 years I've rung up multiple times asking to cancel my subscription during the off-season and every time they have reduced the price I pay each month.

It seems like online streaming is killing them or at the very least competing pretty tight with them nowadays - they'd take any customers.

Want strongest rnd 1 team in JLT 1&2. Only 2 games, ahat benefit is giving young kids “a go” if they’re not best 26. It’s waste imo, they should be playing for Peel unless they can displace someone in that top 26. So if DPearce and Sutcliffe are best 22 the young blokes need to play better to displace them. Not just give em a game because they’re under 23. Melbourne spent 15 years doing this a developed a losing culture.

I want to play Port with the same team playing more than one game together.

Want strongest rnd 1 team in JLT 1&2. Only 2 games, ahat benefit is giving young kids “a go” if they’re not best 26. It’s waste imo, they should be playing for Peel unless they can displace someone in that top 26. So if DPearce and Sutcliffe are best 22 the young blokes need to play better to displace them. Not just give em a game because they’re under 23. Melbourne spent 15 years doing this a developed a losing culture.

I want to play Port with the same team playing more than one game together.

Why don't the other 17 clubs have the same philosophy ?..... they all play their kids.
I remember all too clear the 2016 pre-season game in Mt Barker against Adelaide. We played with every veteran on our list with perhaps 1 draftee, and we just fell over the line.
We even had Pavlich playing fcs.
What a trainwreck 2016 was.
This is a time to follow all other clubs and play the kids.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, I’m happy that Bradshaw and my buddy Cerra is given a go :)

Anyway, preseason game 1 have always been to help the coaches decide between the fringe players.
Game 3 will be the finalized team for round 1.

Start worrying when D Pearce survived till game 3.

Are you with Telstra?

Why don't the other 17 clubs have the same philosophy ?..... they all play their kids.
I remember all too clear the 2016 pre-season game in Mt Barker against Adelaide. We played with every veteran on our list with perhaps 1 draftee, and we just fell over the line.
We even had Pavlich playing fcs.
What a trainwreck 2016 was.
This is a time to follow all other clubs and play the kids.

Umm.... Every other team looks extremely strong to me... have you seen the teams? Looks like every player who is fit and available is playing.

Eagles, Essendon, Crows, Richmond actually they all look very strong and not playing majority kids.

Richmond playing 19 of the 22 that played in th GF by my count.

Clubs used to travel with kids in the pre season for JLT1 and JLT2 but they would take the best 22 into the home JLT fixture and JLT3.

With AFLX coming in this year clubs seem to be playing more best 22 players straight away in the JLT.

Umm.... Every other team looks extremely strong to me... have you seen the teams? Looks like every player who is fit and available is playing.

Eagles, Essendon, Crows, Richmond actually they all look very strong and not playing majority kids.

Richmond playing 19 of the 22 that played in th GF by my count.
Please stop posting factual information, this is melting time and requires broad generalisations and half truths. Did you not get the memo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back