Game Day JLT Game 2 v Ra Ra Tiges

Remove this Banner Ad

healthy debate nice.....games moving/moved away from players like him, need elite skills in the midfield with all disposal..
speed of game may pass him by , how's cunners defensive efforts?

So then...... did Brad still achieve what he was seeking to do in the pre-season? Only pre-season but would appear to have been an abject failure on many levels.

Easy fixes mate, easy fixes

Goldy looked red hot in JLT 2, do you guys think pruess will still play along side him or North will opt to go solo Goldy?

Do you think that pick 3 and Thomas will magically improve a s**t team next season?
I think our board must demand that we see genuine signs that we are on the right track and signs that a winning culture is being created. Or else Scott doesn't see his contract out. And winning 4 games isn't really conducive to that.
Genuine signs and winning 4-6 games aren't mutually exclusive.

With a young inexperienced team genuine signs can mean taking it up to sides but getting over run later in the game, especially as the season progresses. What we need are some building blocks in the games that show that our football ability is progressing - during a rebuilding phase that doesn't necessarily mean wins on the board.

Goldy looked red hot in JLT 2, do you guys think pruess will still play along side him or North will opt to go solo Goldy?

Sold candy and kicked a goal.. about the only good thing he did. Wasn't that good, soft as butter. Hard to tell at this stage what Scotts is thinking, but we should really be implementing Preuss in the team with Goldy.

Sold candy and kicked a goal.. about the only good thing he did. Wasn't that good, soft as butter. Hard to tell at this stage what Scotts is thinking, but we should really be implementing Preuss in the team with Goldy.
WHACK! Thought his ruck work was good. I think Pruess will be a boss, I was surprised North didn't try and trade Goldy this year, would have got something decent for him.

WHACK! Thought his ruck work was good. I think Pruess will be a boss, I was surprised North didn't try and trade Goldy this year, would have got something decent for him.

I'm pretty sure we did try, but no takers, and understandably so.

Whacking Goldy is a popular way of attracting cheap likes on this board, so take it with a grain of salt. All the snipers will bring the love back if Goldy gets back to near his best form. Will be accompanied by lots of post deletions.

I assume your question is SC related. If so, consider Goldy scored 81 from 42% game time in JLT2, and around about the same (a bit more TOG) against Gawn in JLT1.

Whacking Goldy is a popular way of attracting cheap likes on this board, so take it with a grain of salt. All the snipers will bring the love back if Goldy gets back to near his best form. Will be accompanied by lots of post deletions.

I assume your question is SC related. If so, consider Goldy scored 81 from 42% game time in JLT2, and around about the same (a bit more TOG) against Gawn in JLT1.
It was supercoach related but also just an intriguing football situation. I guess from SC perspective will Pruess interfere with his scoring significantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was supercoach related but also just an intriguing football situation. I guess from SC perspective will Pruess interfere with his scoring significantly.
Yes!
Because I just can’t imagine a season where Preuss doesn’t get any game time.

Even if Goldy gets back to near AA form, I believe we will need to play both as we can’t afford to allow Preuss (the future) to rot in the VFL. Obvious form required. Meaning they would share ruck.

I can’t see Goldy being our sole ruck option for the whole year. I also see a scenario towards the back half of the season Preuss displacing Goldy as number 1 ruck and therefore his spot in the team.

Just my opinion.

Goldy was good in the game.

He will only get better when his confidence starts to build.

Goldy is a bit of a whipping boy here due to poor form, but I've backed him to get back to his best since the stuff he had in his life is behind him. And the early signs, like in that game, are looking promising.

Just rewatching the first half and I reckon people are getting a bit taken away with all the negativity on here. Yeah it blew out after the break, but considering it was a practice game against the reigning premiers coming off an absolute flogging of a team considered by all pundits much better than us, that first half was a bloody great effort.

First quarter in particular, despite the commentators best efforts to convince blind people they're watching (wrong verb?) a Richmond intraclub; we were clearly the better side. Tough at the footy, daring out of defence and dangerous up forward. Williams, Jacobs, Vickers-Willis, Turner and Higgins were superb, and I thought at least in the first quarter Hartung showed again that he can be an important player for us.

So rather than drowning in negativity, I reckon y'all need to look on the bright side of life a little more. That was the benchmark, and we exceeded it for a quarter and matched it for a half, and that's with putrid games from the likes of Simpkin and Atley who are important players for us with their run. If we can keep the intensity and concentrate on improving that last kick inside 50, which was consistently appalling all night, then I reckon we'll be more competitive than anyone expects the second youngest squad in it to be.

Just rewatching the first half and I reckon people are getting a bit taken away with all the negativity on here. Yeah it blew out after the break, but considering it was a practice game against the reigning premiers coming off an absolute flogging of a team considered by all pundits much better than us, that first half was a bloody great effort.

First quarter in particular, despite the commentators best efforts to convince blind people they're watching (wrong verb?) a Richmond intraclub; we were clearly the better side. Tough at the footy, daring out of defence and dangerous up forward. Williams, Jacobs, Vickers-Willis, Turner and Higgins were superb, and I thought at least in the first quarter Hartung showed again that he can be an important player for us.

So rather than drowning in negativity, I reckon y'all need to look on the bright side of life a little more. That was the benchmark, and we exceeded it for a quarter and matched it for a half, and that's with putrid games from the likes of Simpkin and Atley who are important players for us with their run. If we can keep the intensity and concentrate on improving that last kick inside 50, which was consistently appalling all night, then I reckon we'll be more competitive than anyone expects the second youngest squad in it to be.

The question we have to ask is why did it blow out after half time? And similarly in JLT1.

Maybe our side simply can’t go with good sides for long enough.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If goldy can keep at the level he showed in the first half look out.

Playing pruess will also push goldy forward more I’d say, and he’s no slouch around goals, so could even give him a boost in scoring potential

Did the same thing and I absolutely agree with all of this. There was a lot to like in the first half. Turner attack on the contest was particularly inspirational.

If goldy can keep at the level he showed in the first half look out.

Playing pruess will also push goldy forward more I’d say, and he’s no slouch around goals, so could even give him a boost in scoring potential
Hey mate
you looking to play AFL Fantasy again this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back