Game Day JLT game 2 vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I personally think that Papley is very good around the midfield. I do wish his kicking was a little better (field) though, but he gives us a lot of energy and drive around the footy.
Totally agree. He's a gun mid IMHO - much needed energy and pace. But he's a better forward. Same as last year then - put him where we need to turn the game.

Dawson isn't an inside mid. He is not fighting against Kennedy or Parker for his position.
But we can't go into a game with him on the outside - as the collective is far too slow. Does he take Blakey's spot?

Jeez take it easy with the optimism. That was a preseason game against witches hats. Just be thankful for the apparent lack of injuries and take the match practice
I’d have thought it nicely balances with the posters writing off kids, new draftees and players who were previously out for a year with injury as spuds after half a JLT game.

If Papley is being played as a midfielder then I think Ronke is guaranteed a spot, otherwise we are lacking a small forward.

Perhaps but I still think Papley will spend most of his minutes forward with some midfield minutes. Hayward is also down there and can play small.

We will see I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If paps is becoming a full time mid then we need manic pressure in the front half

We can’t go to tall imo

I do agree with that. Though Ronke had 0 tackles today so not sure he is applying the pressure required of his role.

Agree with can’t go too tall.

Blakey will not play seniors immediately if Buddy is fit to play.

I reckon he will. Will probably perform better getting the 3rd best defender instead of the 2nd he probably got today.

Once Buddy and Menzel are fit to play that might be different, but we will see. Expecting Blakey to play Round One at this stage.

My thoughts.
Papley is now a mid IMO.
Blakey will start. Regardless of buddy.
AA has trained all summer as a ruck.
Mills will flow through midfield as a hybrid player. Obviously AA rucking today pushed mills back.
Clarke will start.
Dawson will start.
I can't see KJ playing much.
Swans have done really well with kids drafted in over the past three seasons.
The new kick in rule will be fantastic for the swans.

Very different players. Hayward would be more at risk of being dropped when Menzel is fit rather than Blakey.

They are, but if the discussion is what happens when Menzel is fit then there’s no way I’m dropping Blakey.

He’s just as much chance if kicking 1-2 goals a game as Menzel is at this stage. Looks a real natural talent.

Last edited:
They are, but if the discussion is what happens when Menzel is fit then there’s no way I’m dropping Blakey.

He’s just as much Chance if kicking 1-2 goals a game as Menzel is at this stage. Looks a real natural talent.
Also a fantastic field kick. Good mark and clean on the ground.

I could be off the mark, and my memory isn’t great (lol), but McInerney kind of reminds me of Andrew Embley former West Coast Eagle wingman. Good height and good size (shoulders) and good runner. Maybe it’s because they both have dark hair, just a thought I had.

I could be off the mark, and my memory isn’t great (lol), but McInerney kind of reminds me of Andrew Embley former West Coast Eagle wingman. Good height and good size (shoulders) and good runner. Maybe it’s because they both have dark hair, just a thought I had.
Laconic... Both of them.

I like McInerney a lot. He won't be in contention for round 1 but I think he will play at least a handful of games in 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back