B: King Thompson Harbrow
HB: Hanley Hombsch Ballard
C: Weller Miller Murdoch
HF: Sexton Wright Lukosius
F: Rankine Burgess Ainsworth
Foll: Witts Swallow Martin

Int: AhChee Collins Dawson Bowes Joyce MacPherson Day Fiorini
Emg: Powell Heron Young Miles

Putting Reid anywhere near ruck in his first game back in 12 months after injuries to his Achilles (in which he broke down in the early stage of his last comeback).

Sounds like a dumb idea to me...

2A has aso been injury prone. He is light years more important to our prospects going forward than Reid. That said I think he is still a useful fwd.

2A has aso been injury prone. He is light years more important to our prospects going forward than Reid. That said I think he is still a useful fwd.

Aliir has had a few injuries sure, not sure I could call him prone though. If he was coming back from a 12 month layoff I wouldn’t want him near the ruck either...

It was for a few minutes in a practice game. And it won’t be more than a few minutes should he need to be called on for season proper.

I honestly don’t know what the big deal is. If Aliir could improve his footy IQ, which is likely the reason they have put him in other positions (where to date he has struggled), he could be quite a weapon for a change up in the middle or in other areas of the ground. This makes him a better, more dangerous and even more valuable player.

FWIW if they were both fit and hadn’t missed a season of football, in that game I would have still played Aliir for the few minutes in the ruck due to no other tall forwards. If Buddy and Menzel joined Reid in the team, I would play Reid in the ruck for the few mins in that situation.

Aliir has had a few injuries sure, not sure I could call him prone though. If he was coming back from a 12 month layoff I wouldn’t want him near the ruck either...

It was for a few minutes in a practice game. And it won’t be more than a few minutes should he need to be called on for season proper.

I honestly don’t know what the big deal is. If Aliir could improve his footy IQ, which is likely the reason they have put him in other positions (where to date he has struggled), he could be quite a weapon for a change up in the middle or in other areas of the ground. This makes him a better, more dangerous and even more valuable player.

FWIW if they were both fit and hadn’t missed a season of football, in that game I would have still played Aliir for the few minutes in the ruck due to no other tall forwards. If Buddy and Menzel joined Reid in the team, I would play Reid in the ruck for the few mins in that situation.

Some fair points raised. However Id prefer to see if Ramps or Smithy could play mids or fwd.

Oh dear. Thank you Ms Pangloss. Yes you are right and I bowdlerised Robbie's argument. I still think it is inappropriate to play our best tall in the ruck

No offence but credibility in your eyes is not a lofty height I could ever aspire to. The
Seriously, please don't call me names. I find it offensive. Use Kirkswan please or don't name me at all.

I'm not questioning your opinion or your right to it.

You've used bowdlerise incorrectly by the way... ;)

Why should Aliir have to improve his footy IQ and play in a completely different position yet no other talls should have to? How about leaving him where he is and making him a weapon there instead?

In any case the inclusion of Rose is ridiculous. I know it's only a JLT game but why waste an opportunity on him that could be going to someone else. I'm also most disappointed in Pink not being selected. I thought unlike many others he had a real crack last week, in his non-preferred position of defence, and I thought after Maibaum's injury they'd continue to see how Pink could go in that defensive role. But apparently it's that important we get practice into a total spud farmed from the FIGJAM estate in Sturt.

Seriously, please don't call me names. I find it offensive. Use Kirkswan please or don't name me at all.

ROFL. Not my day. You are peremptory with others. Copy it sweet like others do.

Oh well. Mirror, reflection. Would have thought you would embrace the appellation as the best of all possible names.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well we get to see what a defensive group with all of Aliir, Melican and Grundy looks like. Aliir at back pocket though? He's sketchy defending closer to goal. Prefer him defending the arc.

Well if you're going to try something different then this is the time to do it.

I'm also worried by our injury list.

By my count we are missing Buddy, Naismith, Cameron, Menzell, Ollie, Ling, KJ, Smith, Maibaum plus carrying Kurts wallet.

This morning SEN said across the league, there were 147 players unavailable because of injury or delayed start to the season. That's about 16% of players.

We are missing 25% of the list. I really do not get it. Is the game now at a stage where regularity of injury is part and parcel?

I hear Hocking is now concerned about the injury rates and the JLT is being called into question. I think the high quality drainage of the grounds may be an issue. Grounds in Feb and March are rock hard.

Maybe the AFL could do a study on whether more heavily watered grounds would help reduce injuries such as ACLs and PCLs.

Mcinerney hopefully can get more minutes of HB and show his run , carry and foot skills

He is my hope of someone filling a running role in the future of HB

Let’s juat hope our coach doesn’t tell him to kick it backwards

Let’s juat hope our coach doesn’t tell him to kick it backwards

Made me laugh. The kid is due for Horses version of Guantanamo Bay reeducation.

I want to run with the ball.... Bbzzzttt ,. Convulses

I want to take the game on ..... Bbzzzttt .... Convulses

Slowly) I will chip the ball sideways (Slowly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back