Caj

Premiership Player
Jul 23, 2004
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yes of course that was just same old, same old, nothing to do with Lloyd out and Aliir having to play ruck.
Would have made complete sense to leave the defence threadbare :rolleyes:

It was a practice match in which the result meant nothing, so why not give Mills another run in the midfield instead of sending him back to defence

If the plan is to actually play Mills in the midfield in the real season, then the pre-season is the perfect time to trial it, while also providing the opportunity for others to be tried in defence.

In any event, a defence with Grundy, Melican, Rampe, McVeigh, Thurlow, and O'Riordan is not what I would describe as threadbare

Some of us just remember the seasons prior when horse failed

Some people just see 2012-2016 and then

1200px-SMPTE_Color_Bars.svg.png

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
the golden generation of mills and heeney... what could of been... if only we'd played them in the midfield... you know, put your quality at the coalface to win the ball and kick it so the forwards can mark it...

the golden generation of mills and heeney... what could of been... if only we'd played them in the midfield... you know, put your quality at the coalface to win the ball and kick it so the forwards can mark it...

I know, I already miss them. Such a shame we had to put them out to pasture when they were only calves. Oh well, all good things must come to an end I suppose.

Arwib

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Canberra Raiders
People get that most of our mids are required to play a secondary role, for flexibility, depth, tactical, and interchange rotation preservation reasons, yeah? Most either spend time forward or time back, and only about 8 guys in the team (mostly the talls and Smith?) don't do some sort of midfield role. Mills continuing to do some small defender stuff doesn't mean he won't attend centre bounces and spend time in the midfield.

People get that most of our mids are required to play a secondary role, for flexibility, depth, tactical, and interchange rotation preservation reasons, yeah? Most either spend time forward or time back, and only about 8 guys in the team (mostly the talls and Smith?) don't do some sort of midfield role. Mills continuing to do some small defender stuff doesn't mean he won't attend centre bounces and spend time in the midfield.

Lol yes I know, I was just humouring 6yearsold.

FWIW though I generally don't like the secondary role business personally

Back