Autopsy JLT Game 3: Suns v Dogs @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Its going to be very hard to make finals for any of the teams outside the 8 from 2016.

A bit shattered after backing the boys at the $2.80! Very poor defending on a couple of those Suckling goals but some great signs overall.

Witts I thought was outstanding and was involved at ground level as well. Nicholls will struggle to get back in after that. Hanley looked great running through the middle.

I'm struggling to see Ah Chee as a Rd 1 lock. Looks very undersized and needs a season in the gym/NEAFL!

A bit shattered after backing the boys at the $2.80! Very poor defending on a couple of those Suckling goals but some great signs overall.

Witts I thought was outstanding and was involved at ground level as well. Nicholls will struggle to get back in after that. Hanley looked great running through the middle.

I'm struggling to see Ah Chee as a Rd 1 lock. Looks very undersized and needs a season in the gym/NEAFL!
Disagree on Ah Chee i thought he was solid again. Does the little things so well (taps, hadballs ect). Disappointing to lose but i'm not to concerned these players are still getting the cohesion together with so many players back. Gotta remember the Bulldogs are the premiers. There is no reason why we can't start the season with a big win.

Forget about the easy outside non contested ball KK accumulates, he is very ordinary when it comes to defending. He will get exploited for his inability to lock down an opponent. I would prefer Trent any day of the week.

Forget about the easy outside non contested ball KK accumulates, he is very ordinary when it comes to defending. He will get exploited for his inability to lock down an opponent. I would prefer Trent any day of the week.
Never was a lock down defender, he's a great rebounder. He's a Heath Shaw type. Can't expect him to excel at that.

Seriously impressive first half. Beat any side in the comp with a 4qtr display like that.

To me last qtr showed our current weakness is an inexperienced backline. This will be muchly improved with the return of Harbrow & McKenzie reading the play under pressure hell of a lot better than Bowes/Fiorini/Leslie.

But wow, really good signs. We will definitely push the 8 this year.

Players like Mckenzie and Harbrow will have bigger tanks and match day experience than Fiorini and Bowes who would still be working on getting their bodies and fitness up to an AFL standard fitness base. I can see us going pretty experienced early on when the likes of Harbrow and Mckenzie when the acid is on, and then introduce the kids slowly through the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players like Mckenzie and Harbrow will have bigger tanks and match day experience than Fiorini and Bowes who would still be working on getting their bodies and fitness up to an AFL standard fitness base. I can see us going pretty experienced early on when the likes of Harbrow and Mckenzie when the acid is on, and then introduce the kids slowly through the season.

Came here to post regarding this after reflecting on the loss
For those who like to whip TMac and Harbs, you can't beat experience, tank size and ability manning up those dreaded mid-fats
God I still recall with horror Kyle Reimers(Kyle Who???) not to mention Scott Thompson
The Sucklings and Stringers will destroy us all year like they always have without someone to lock them down and TMac and Harbs are essential

Harbs I was on hard on his poor disposal until last year when I saw the Freo game and saw some of his defensive work to win us that game. If he just focuses more on his shut down game like last year and less on the run, carry and shanking he is a valuable addition to the backline - which will suit our side with KK, Saad and May to be the rebound out of defence.

McKenzie doesn't have a track record of consistently shutting down 3rd talls and his tank has been questioned before but he does have the size and strength to play the role and can be released to good effect to play the +1 behind the ball.

Seems Rocket has an obsession with Lemmens being best 22 - we need a shut down player of resting midfield types, just not sure if he is the answer...

The Sucklings and Stringers will destroy us all year like they always have without someone to lock them down and TMac and Harbs are essential

Difference with suckling is he is a half back who almost always gets his goals going forward rather than being a forward getting loose.

If his half forward sticks near him he's relatively easy to shut down. No right foot and his kicking action is very awkward so can take a while to get boot to ball

Seriously impressive first half. Beat any side in the comp with a 4qtr display like that.

To me last qtr showed our current weakness is an inexperienced backline. This will be muchly improved with the return of Harbrow & McKenzie reading the play under pressure hell of a lot better than Bowes/Fiorini/Leslie.

Harbs definitely. Getting Rischa back later will also help having another cool head. Midfield wilting when Dogs upped the pressure didn't help.

I agree and I'm a crows supporter but gold coast excites me with all their top end talent. I wish your club very good luck this year and hope we see another non Victorian club step up in the vfl.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Yep, while Mckenzie is still not the perfect 3rd tall, last night showed that he is really the only viable option we've got now that Day is out for the year even if he does still give away a few kgs every now and then. He does actually bring a bit to the team that no one else can really with his kick-ins, height, an ability to play loose (Martin looked real scratchy playing in this role in the last qtr).
-Kk. Not strong enough, and we also want him bringing the ball out and starting attacks more. Looked good with the ball, just struggled oneVone against the bigger guys.
- Leslie. Seemed to lack a bit of footy IQ last night. Dont think his time is just yet.
-And the rest are too small or attacking to play on these guys. Saad, Harbrow, Bowes, Fiorini, Joyce, Lemmens (Seriously why is he always the first one brought up by Rocket when talking about possible ins when we have all these guys listed ahead of him).

Yep, while Mckenzie is still not the perfect 3rd tall, last night showed that he is really the only viable option we've got now that Day is out for the year even if he does still give away a few kgs every now and then. He does actually bring a bit to the team that no one else can really with his kick-ins, height, an ability to play loose (Martin looked real scratchy playing in this role in the last qtr).
-Kk. Not strong enough, and we also want him bringing the ball out and starting attacks more. Looked good with the ball, just struggled oneVone against the bigger guys.
- Leslie. Seemed to lack a bit of footy IQ last night. Dont think his time is just yet.
-And the rest are too small or attacking to play on these guys. Saad, Harbrow, Bowes, Fiorini, Joyce, Lemmens (Seriously why is he always the first one brought up by Rocket when talking about possible ins when we have all these guys listed ahead of him).
I was also concerned about this. Maybe Mckenzie won't be fit in time? Or maybe Lemmens has blackmailed Rocket.

I was also concerned about this. Maybe Mckenzie won't be fit in time? Or maybe Lemmens has blackmailed Rocket.

Saad, Harbrow, Bowes, Fiorini, Joyce, Lemmens (Seriously why is he always the first one brought up by Rocket when talking about possible ins when we have all these guys listed ahead of him).

People are more driven to succeed when their confidence is at a healthy level

I think it's that simple, Rocket is trying to help push Lemmens to be as good as he can be like he would be with all players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back