Preview JLT - Lions v Demons, Casey Fields, Saturday March 9th 3.10pm (Brisbane time).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Hi Willy Puller,

So does that mean we were full strength minus Zorko, Gardiner and Adams and they were full strength minus Lever, Jones and Viney?
Vine jones and lever are that much better than Zorko Gardiner and Adams it isn’t funny. Our midfield should have absolutely dominated them. They didn’t. Jake lever is on the Harris Andrews level and our key forwards couldn’t dominate either.

BangyBangy

Club Legend
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Vine jones and lever are that much better than Zorko Gardiner and Adams it isn’t funny. Our midfield should have absolutely dominated them. They didn’t. Jake lever is on the Harris Andrews level and our key forwards couldn’t dominate either.
Jake Lever is on the Harris Andrews level. lol. You've been posting a fair bit of horseshit of late, this takes the cake.

Lever isn't fit to carry Harris' bags.

Hope you're well though Billy. And no matter what any of you post on this forum I won't hit the ignore button :)

AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Lmao so many precious flowers want to live in their bubbles. Accepting our weaknesses early will make it easier to accept the season come☝️Too much media optimism has changed this place and not for the good

AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Jake Lever is on the Harris Andrews level. lol. You've been posting a fair bit of horseshit of late, this takes the cake.

Lever isn't fit to carry Harris' bags.

Hope you're well though Billy. And no matter what any of you post on this forum I won't hit the ignore button :)
Jake lever and Harris Andrews are on the same level and I think anyone but a one eyed lions supporter would agree on that

Tom14

Club Legend
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Jake lever and Harris Andrews are on the same level and I think anyone but a one eyed lions supporter would agree on that
Billy I legit had a melbourne fan and several others agree with me on another board this week that Harris is a fair bit ahead of lever. Both are good obviously.

Feel free to continue with being the soothsayer of doom and gloom though - it's very entertaining.

Dlions

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Billy I legit had a melbourne fan and several others agree with me on another board this week that Harris is a fair bit ahead of lever. Both are good obviously.

Feel free to continue with being the soothsayer of doom and gloom though - it's very entertaining.
Entertaining is one word for it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom14

Club Legend
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He lit up in the 4th. God he’s a joy to watch when he’s on.
Oh yeah I have no concerns - I think I can be a bit harsh on him because we all want him to play like he did against the Kangaroos last year more often. When he stuffs up it tends to look worse too because he just seems to magically find so much time and space.

Going to be a super, super player.

BangyBangy

Club Legend
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not even close mate. And it wouldn't be just Lions fans that think that. Lever is a good player who played a solid role in an established and experienced Crows back six.

AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sydney Uni Flames
Hard to see Matho missing a start in game one on that performance. Basti unfortunately did what Basti does, showed promising signs early and then faded to the point of being almost invisible. Maybe he was benched for a fair slice of the second half? Bailey will also play round one you would think.
Bastinac only played 59% game time. 19 Lions played more than that. I think his preseason form has been pretty good. I will be surprised if he doesn’t play round 1.

blynd_freddie

Roughed Scuffed & Tuft
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
The Bulls, Pamplona
Everyone remember last time we had a great preseason? How did that season go.
Come round 1 we’ll see
- Last year we finished 15th they/WCE finished 1st
- Rnd 23 last year they had 11 more scoring shots than us, and ran out easy 26 point winners

Yes, I'd like to think we've improved on last year. Cannot wait to see if the game reflects our optimism, time will tell - BRING IT ON!

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town, Las Vegas Bears
A solid effort, minor injury issues but nothing terribly dramatic I don't think.

Good to see us not being walked over when the opposition gets a bit of momentum and starting games with a bit more of a competitive mindset. All in all, a passable couple of practice games to give a bit of confidence leading into Round 1. Still very much a work in progress though, but we appear to be on the right track and continuing to improve and there's not much more you can ask of Fagan than that.

Proof of the pudding will be the first month of the regular season.

Lions Flag 2020

All Australian
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lmao so many precious flowers want to live in their bubbles. Accepting our weaknesses early will make it easier to accept the season come☝️Too much media optimism has changed this place and not for the good
Billy keeping it real! To be fair Billy does have the last 10 years performances to back his statements up! However, I like to look at things positively because if you predict doom and gloom and are proven right you are still in a sh&t space. Might as well live in hope for preseason and the first 10 games of the season!

Sunraysia

Club Legend
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Well played today. Was watching your midfield closely - Lyons, Mathieson, Neil. All starred - but think our guys matched up best against them in the
pre-season matches played ?

lionshine

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lleyton Hewitt, Cleveland Cavaliers
The players that impressed me the most were- Neale, Lyons, McCarthy, McStay, Rich, Robinson, Mathieson and Bailey.

The new additions add so much to our team winning just about all their 1 on 1 battles. They're all so strong in the contest. Rich looks set for a huge year. McStay looks on the verge of a break out year, Mathieson has improved his ball winning ability, Robinson proved today he is still best 22 and an asset to the side and Bailey is super exciting playing that attacking role off the half back flank, he's a best 22 lock.

Vipertooth

Club Legend
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Great game to watch, i could get used to this winning thing :D

For me i was impressed with our tackling pressure, (sticking tackles which has been a weakness), ability to lock the ball in our forwardline, our hunger for the ball, ability to geind out a close win and the teams fascination with tap to advantage!

Top Bottom