Preview JLT - Lions v Demons, Casey Fields, Saturday March 9th 3.10pm (Brisbane time).

AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just wondering about the Round 1 match:

Who do we think is going to be more dangerous against us: Liam Ryan or Willie Rioli.
You would think Bailey would go on the most dangerous just because he could match them both on pace.

If Diz really is available for Round 1 then you would think he gets Darling.
I think kennedy unlikely to play Rnd 1 so Harry A to get darling if that's the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waspy79

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Arsenal
Are Archie Smith and Stef Martin going to play in tandem this season?

What has Archie done to himself this week? Only spent a brief of amount of time on ground.

a mayes ing

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Are Archie Smith and Stef Martin going to play in tandem this season?

What has Archie done to himself this week? Only spent a brief of amount of time on ground.
Doubt they will play together as they both suck forward.
Took a hit on the throat, went to the hospital, hopefully all good

AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think Neale is the best player we have had since Black retired. His balance and vision is next level. Rich was fantastic yesterday and when he puts his body on the line is a much better player. Would not swap Andrew's for Rance or any other back in the league considering his age.

We will have some frustration this year, but will also have quarters/halves that will have us fist pumping the air and screaming in delight. Consistency will be our issue but our best will be as good as anyone's.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Terry Wallace's raspy voice is a result of a knock to the throat while playing.....his was pretty serious though, hopefully Archie isn't as bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

carnaroys08

Team Captain
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Cowboys, Storm.
So Stef will play as the sole ruck? I’m asking from a fantasy perspective
Martin has said in a Lions podcast that he is aware Archie is after his spot as No.1 Ruck. It appears Archie will eventually take over from Martin. Barring injury, I'd expect Archie to play only a handful of games this year, enough for him to stay keen & stick with the Lions.

AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Herald Sun was the same. The radio commentary was nearly as bad too when I went for a jog at half time - just Frawley talking absolute rubbish and the game not being called for what seemed like minutes at a time. There was more discussion on Demons injuries that happened in the first quarter than on what was actually happening in the first 10 minutes of the third.
totally agree the radio coverage was terrible, Spud seemed much more interested in the horse races going on at Randwick then the match in front of him, that was bad, but then thought all the listeners should get a run down on specific races ....

LongLion

Club Legend
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hard to see Matho missing a start in game one on that performance. Basti unfortunately did what Basti does, showed promising signs early and then faded to the point of being almost invisible. Maybe he was benched for a fair slice of the second half? Bailey will also play round one you would think.
The 2 players I was happiest about with their form and the way they went about it were Matho & Bailey.

LongLion

Club Legend
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Everyone remember last time we had a great preseason? How did that season go.
Come round 1 we’ll see
Life's a lot more fun when the glass is half full not half empty. Enjoy the positives out of the game, don't worry there will be plenty of negatives coming up where you can get your knickers well and truly twisted.

Lazza16

Club Legend
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think Neale is the best player we have had since Black retired. His balance and vision is next level. Rich was fantastic yesterday and when he puts his body on the line is a much better player. Would not swap Andrew's for Rance or any other back in the league considering his age.

We will have some frustration this year, but will also have quarters/halves that will have us fist pumping the air and screaming in delight. Consistency will be our issue but our best will be as good as anyone's.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Most determined Rich I have ever seen.......didnt let anyone past and copped a battering a few times. Kicking not the usual starring performer but much rather tough and hungry Rich turning up each week.

Lazza16

Club Legend
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Reflecting on the game on Saturday the one area where I was really impressed was how clean we were in the trenches. I watched some other JLT games over the weekend and there was an awful lot of fumbling.
Was thinking the same before and how much an impact Robertson will have on that.

AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Vine jones and lever are that much better than Zorko Gardiner and Adams it isn’t funny. Our midfield should have absolutely dominated them. They didn’t. Jake lever is on the Harris Andrews level and our key forwards couldn’t dominate either.
Huh? I think you are underestimating the strength of the midfield they played. Gawn is the best tap ruckman in the comp, feeding it down to Oliver who is the best clearance player in the comp. Throw in Brayshaw who is coming off the back of an incredible year where he finished 3rd in the Brownlow. That's a pretty handy midfield with those 3 alone.

I think you are setting your standards way too high if you think we should have dominated them in the middle.

SRH17

All Australian
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Anyone else noticed that JL walks the same way that the great man Simon Black used to? All he needs to do now is tap the toe of his boot into the ground like Blacky did.

bungalow_bill

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Most determined Rich I have ever seen.......didnt let anyone past and copped a battering a few times. Kicking not the usual starring performer but much rather tough and hungry Rich turning up each week.
With much more competition for spots Rich is stepping up his game. We often forget that Rich going top 2 was almost a given in his draft year.

Top Bottom