Preview JLT - Lions v Demons, Casey Fields, Saturday March 9th 3.10pm (Brisbane time).

Remove this Banner Ad

Still no Cutler. Looks like Bailey is getting first chance at half back and the new inside mids have put a premium on the wing spots. Don’t mind that to be honest.

Yes can't get my head around the Cutler thing. Is certainly not the teachers pet.

Looks like we are persisting with the three tall lads up front also. I'm a bit mixed on this one. That was the combo we had last year when we played our best but it just doesn't feel right, especially when Rayner goes forward and leaps for the same marks. Hopefully we have done some work on leading to create space.

Still no Cutler. Looks like Bailey is getting first chance at half back and the new inside mids have put a premium on the wing spots. Don’t mind that to be honest.

I'm guessing the club believe Bailey offers better one on one defence than what Cox does, and has the speed to match it with the fast small forwards. Still would like to see Cox get a run out of defence as well.

Yes can't get my head around the Cutler thing. Is certainly not the teachers pet.

Looks like we are persisting with the three tall lads up front also. I'm a bit mixed on this one. That was the combo we had last year when we played our best but it just doesn't feel right, especially when Rayner goes forward and leaps for the same marks. Hopefully we have done some work on leading to create space.
The only thing I can think of, is that Cutler might to be heading back to Melbourne at the end of the year. Pure speculation on my behalf, but I thought it had all clicked for him last season.

I don't mind three talls, if the combination is right. Just not sold on McInerney playing the ruck forward role. Nor sold on McStay up forward, largely for most of the same reasons others have mentioned.

Starting 18 looks pretty good. Bench shows that depth is clearly still going to be an issue.

Hopefully Cameron can show his form from last year and we can clean up our ball movement.

Clearly I'm a tad biased, but I reckon we'll get the chocolates. But if we get rolled, meh it's just a practice match :)

View attachment 630949

Their backline should towel our forward line based off their team on paper. If we can get on top there then I reckon we will win. Will be a hard game but a good test.

The class of the 2013 draft is under a fair bit of pressure. Gardiner is the only one to really be absolutely sure of his spot long term. Squizzy has always been best 22 but has a bit more competition for his spot. McStay needs to perform more consistently but will likely start in the side. Robertson and Cutler clearly have some work to do.

The class of the 2013 draft is under a fair bit of pressure. Gardiner is the only one to really be absolutely sure of his spot long term. Squizzy has always been best 22 but has a bit more competition for his spot. McStay needs to perform more consistently but will likely start in the side. Robertson and Cutler clearly have some work to do.

Pick 7 James Aish. lol. I know, I know, If your grandma had a pair bla bla and all that. Just imagine our club now if we had have called out Pick 7 - P Cripps lol.

Really looking forward to seeing how Tom Berry goes.

They must be very confident that Charlie Cameron's hammy grab was purely cramp and not a sign of things to come.
Cramps are pretty common in pre-season games.
It’s definitely good that that is all it was!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noticing defenders getting away with pushing and interfering with Daniher like they did Hipwood, defenders getting away with plentyplenty

Actually Mcstays name wasn’t mentioned, which in hindsight is interesting. He was talking more about Hippy and Harris working in tandem with Rayners ability to get across packs to mark. (Who he mentioned was in great shape considering he was in “fat camp” when he came back.)
Interesting. Any idea where McInerney stands? He's a decent forward/ruck, but I don't know if he actually makes our forward line better a lot of the time.

Interesting. Any idea where McInerney stands? He's a decent forward/ruck, but I don't know if he actually makes our forward line better a lot of the time.
I’m not sure he does. Sure he bobs up for a goal a game but he gets in the way a lot too often contesting the same pack that a Hipwood or McStay is already involved in. I’d much prefer those two keys plus Cameron, Rayner, McCarthy and even a Keays or resting mid such as Zorko or Berry who both regularly hit the scoreboard.

I’m not sure he does. Sure he bobs up for a goal a game but he gets in the way a lot too often contesting the same pack that a Hipwood or McStay is already involved in. I’d much prefer those two keys plus Cameron, Rayner, McCarthy and even a Keays or resting mid such as Zorko or Berry who both regularly hit the scoreboard.

Agreed.

I've moved into a flat in Fitzroy and got a Kayo subscription but could anyone tell me if the game is on Foxtel?

Its on Kayo and I would like to see which is the better sporting service.

Can't go as I organised a fishing weekend with my sons months ago.
Kayo has the better app and viewing experience.

I've moved into a flat in Fitzroy and got a Kayo subscription but could anyone tell me if the game is on Foxtel?

Its on Kayo and I would like to see which is the better sporting service.

Can't go as I organised a fishing weekend with my sons months ago.

Kayo is foxtel. Its their online sport only version delivered through the internet vs their traditional cable and satellite service. They're slowly breaking up their service categories into individual pieces. Their drama pack will follow soon, and foxflicks is waiting in the wings too.

Nah
Just that game time for both him and Archie are obviously part of the succession plan. Nothing revolutionary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back