Preview JLT - Lions v Demons, Casey Fields, Saturday March 9th 3.10pm (Brisbane time).

Remove this Banner Ad

Who were the best on's for us for those watching?

Purely from reading this thread I'd say- Neale, Andrews, Bailey, Lyons.
Matho was in our top 5

Was pretty impressed with the win like most. Great to see Hipwood and McStay clunking marks and kicking straight. Bailey also fantastic and looks to have found his place for the short term at least. JLyons is certainly doing everything asked of him and is more than capable when he goes forward.
Not sure if Lewy will get a run come round one. He had some good moments today but the squeeze is certainly on for mid/ forwards.
Also thought Clugga, Berry and Rayner were quiet today. They did a couple of nice things but certainly were down on production. Berry it seems is really struggling energy wise whereas Rayner seems to be playing with the attitude of a 200 gamer during preseason and just going through the motions. Plenty of improvement in those three yet.
On another note can we confirm if Hinge and Starc both did hamstrings today and Cutler didn't play with a hamstring as well? If so that's four medium sized players with hamstrings in two weeks. A concern?
Funny, I thought Cluggs was one of our better players. 20 odd possessions and a goal.

Hi Willy Puller,

So does that mean we were full strength minus Zorko, Gardiner and Adams and they were full strength minus Lever, Jones and Viney?
Vine jones and lever are that much better than Zorko Gardiner and Adams it isn’t funny. Our midfield should have absolutely dominated them. They didn’t. Jake lever is on the Harris Andrews level and our key forwards couldn’t dominate either.

Everyone remember last time we had a great preseason? How did that season go.
Come round 1 we’ll see

Vine jones and lever are that much better than Zorko Gardiner and Adams it isn’t funny. Our midfield should have absolutely dominated them. They didn’t. Jake lever is on the Harris Andrews level and our key forwards couldn’t dominate either.

Jake Lever is on the Harris Andrews level. lol. You've been posting a fair bit of horseshit of late, this takes the cake.

Lever isn't fit to carry Harris' bags.

Hope you're well though Billy. And no matter what any of you post on this forum I won't hit the ignore button :)

Lmao so many precious flowers want to live in their bubbles. Accepting our weaknesses early will make it easier to accept the season come☝️Too much media optimism has changed this place and not for the good

Jake Lever is on the Harris Andrews level. lol. You've been posting a fair bit of horseshit of late, this takes the cake.

Lever isn't fit to carry Harris' bags.

Hope you're well though Billy. And no matter what any of you post on this forum I won't hit the ignore button :)

Jake lever and Harris Andrews are on the same level and I think anyone but a one eyed lions supporter would agree on that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake lever and Harris Andrews are on the same level and I think anyone but a one eyed lions supporter would agree on that

Billy I legit had a melbourne fan and several others agree with me on another board this week that Harris is a fair bit ahead of lever. Both are good obviously.

Feel free to continue with being the soothsayer of doom and gloom though - it's very entertaining.

Billy I legit had a melbourne fan and several others agree with me on another board this week that Harris is a fair bit ahead of lever. Both are good obviously.

Feel free to continue with being the soothsayer of doom and gloom though - it's very entertaining.
Entertaining is one word for it!

He lit up in the 4th. God he’s a joy to watch when he’s on.

Oh yeah I have no concerns - I think I can be a bit harsh on him because we all want him to play like he did against the Kangaroos last year more often. When he stuffs up it tends to look worse too because he just seems to magically find so much time and space.

Going to be a super, super player.

Not even close mate. And it wouldn't be just Lions fans that think that. Lever is a good player who played a solid role in an established and experienced Crows back six.

Hard to see Matho missing a start in game one on that performance. Basti unfortunately did what Basti does, showed promising signs early and then faded to the point of being almost invisible. Maybe he was benched for a fair slice of the second half? Bailey will also play round one you would think.
Bastinac only played 59% game time. 19 Lions played more than that. I think his preseason form has been pretty good. I will be surprised if he doesn’t play round 1.

Come round 1 we’ll see
- Last year we finished 15th they/WCE finished 1st
- Rnd 23 last year they had 11 more scoring shots than us, and ran out easy 26 point winners

Yes, I'd like to think we've improved on last year. Cannot wait to see if the game reflects our optimism, time will tell - BRING IT ON!

Come round 1 we’ll see

We won ten games that year and I'm sure most of us would be happy with 10 this year.

A solid effort, minor injury issues but nothing terribly dramatic I don't think.

Good to see us not being walked over when the opposition gets a bit of momentum and starting games with a bit more of a competitive mindset. All in all, a passable couple of practice games to give a bit of confidence leading into Round 1. Still very much a work in progress though, but we appear to be on the right track and continuing to improve and there's not much more you can ask of Fagan than that.

Proof of the pudding will be the first month of the regular season.

Lmao so many precious flowers want to live in their bubbles. Accepting our weaknesses early will make it easier to accept the season come☝️Too much media optimism has changed this place and not for the good
Billy keeping it real! To be fair Billy does have the last 10 years performances to back his statements up! However, I like to look at things positively because if you predict doom and gloom and are proven right you are still in a sh&t space. Might as well live in hope for preseason and the first 10 games of the season!

Well played today. Was watching your midfield closely - Lyons, Mathieson, Neil. All starred - but think our guys matched up best against them in the
pre-season matches played ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back