Preview JLT - Lions v Demons, Casey Fields, Saturday March 9th 3.10pm (Brisbane time).

Remove this Banner Ad

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Terry Wallace's raspy voice is a result of a knock to the throat while playing.....his was pretty serious though, hopefully Archie isn't as bad.
Was that from the incident when gentleman Rod Grinter nearly killed Terry?

Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Apparently we were "playing our grand final".

Which is, hilariously, what supporters of every team we have beaten in the last few years have said (in fact, we won two grand finals against Hawthorn last year). I guess you have to convince yourself that you didn't lose on your merits.
We played our grand final and they reckon they didn't take the game seriously even though their agro got 3 players of their players reported .... yea right!!!!

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We played our grand final and they reckon they didn't take the game seriously even though their agro got 3 players of their players reported .... yea right!!!!
Probably did Melbourne a favour , gave them a wake up call.
Frustrated players against last years bottom four side.
May not in that category imo.
To be honest May is just a cheap sniper, hits harder if his opponent is not looking.

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Quick look at the Melbourne posters reaction to May's suspension. They really come across as an entitled bunch of tossers.

Quite amusing really, they're calling Berry soft and "used to playing non-contact as a junior".

One fluke season into prelims and they think the world revolves around them. Their round 1 loss will be hilarious to watch.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Yep, victim blaming in full swing over there. Berry is either soft, “pathetic”, clueless or a stager depending on which poster you read. The hilarious thing is that Berry is as tough as old boots. If they appealed he’d probably try and get May off the charge.

The pathology of that fan base is really something else. They’re broken.

Yep, victim blaming in full swing over there. Berry is either soft, “pathetic”, clueless or a stager depending on which poster you read. The hilarious thing is that Berry is as tough as old boots. If they appealed he’d probably try and get May off the charge.

The pathology of that fan base is really something else. They’re broken.

Let's hope the Lions board doesn't become like that if/when we start winning again. :s

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Let's hope the Lions board doesn't become like that if/when we start winning again. :s
One poster over there replies to Daniel Riches post "May has history against the Lions , Martin, Rocky now Berry.

Melbourne poster : "And long may it continue.I hope he kills someone next ."

That was posted at 9:49pm last night.
How does that not get taken down by their mods,
If someone says that s**t here I would hope our mods or somebody would pull them up at the very least.
Still not going to pigeon hole all their supporters , but what a thing to come out and say and get away with it.
It does says something about their board.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
One poster over there replies to Daniel Riches post "May has history against the Lions , Martin, Rocky now Berry.

If someone says that s**t here I would hope our mods or somebody would pull them up at the very least.
Still not going to pigeon hole all their supporters , but what a thing to come out and say and get away with it.
The post would have to be reported, I don't think mods can be expected to monitor posts 24/7.

I'm sure if a mod spotted it there would be a deletion and an infraction issued.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who wants to call J Berry soft is a moron. It's not even worth discussing.

For a game apparently neither the Melbourne team or supporters cared about they sure seem to care.!!!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
I went to a training session last year.
And I can tell you now that even our own players would tell you truthfully that he ain’t soft.
Pre-season training and the sound coming from his tackling was making me fear for their well being.

Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

He's been put on a holiday :)

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The post would have to be reported, I don't think mods can be expected to monitor posts 24/7.

I'm sure if a mod spotted it there would be a deletion and an infraction issued.
Fair point on the mods , there was no reaction from their own posters either , sorry I'm wrong he did get a few likes.

jonnobackpocket

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I went to a training session last year.
And I can tell you now that even our own players would tell you truthfully that he ain’t soft.
Pre-season training and the sound coming from his tackling was making me fear for their well being.
Tough in the right way, puts his head over the ball and in places he shouldn't. Tackles hard and plays the game fair.

The opposite to I will snipe blokes when they not expecting it Steven May tough.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

StevoJenkins

The Weekend Worker
Sep 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
AFL
Took one look at the thread on the Melbourne board and wow they’ve forgotten the last few years.

One guy pretending to be a Brisbane supporter, another saying Andrews should join their club because “Brisbane sucks”, defending the May bump. Jesus, if that ends up happening here I’m out. Couldn’t stomach reading that on the daily. Too much toxicity.

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
May is challenging his ban. Challenging the impat from medium to low l guess.
Could go either way, he got taken off, no concussion but didn't return from the game. Although, you would think dying stages of a pre-season game that there would be no need to return.

Everything hinges on our medical report, ccmon Lions say something juicy to keep him at medium

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
May is challenging his ban. Challenging the impat from medium to low l guess.
Could go either way, he got taken off, no concussion but didn't return from the game. Although, you would think dying stages of a pre-season game that there would be no need to return.

Everything hinges on our medical report, ccmon Lions say something juicy to keep him at medium
Well, if they’re truthful, then they’ll explain how Berry was ‘out of it’ for a good 15 minutes. I was standing right next to the interchange bench and could see everything that went on in there. He wasn’t fine. He was far from fine. I feel he wouldn’t have returned if it were round one either - concussion or not.

Wonder if the club can give us an update on Tom Berry too. He came off around the same time as his brother and was trying to run off a leg injury for quite some time.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
I hope Jarrod doesn’t try to look after May by down playing the medical report like some players do.

He probably will. He’s that sort of guy. Not that he should considering the pathetic things the Melbourne supporters have said about him.

I predict May will get off, and it will be because of Berry being 10 times the person May is.

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He probably will. He’s that sort of guy. Not that he should considering the pathetic things the Melbourne supporters have said about him.

I predict May will get off, and it will be because of Berry being 10 times the person May is.

If you ask a Demons supporter, they will undoubtedly call Berry soft. But agree on your points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back