Preview JLT - Lions v Demons, Casey Fields, Saturday March 9th 3.10pm (Brisbane time).

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
They have now turned on Zorko, who wasn't even playing in the JLT game against them.

What sad little lives they must lead :'(

Such a sad, twisted, insular, entitled, angry little mindset. They’re like the incels of the footy world. Haven’t bagged a Stacey since 1964 and it’s society’s fault.

But remember, it was just a JLT game. They’re not upset. Honest!!!

I might be in the minority here BUT if it wasn't May and his history against our players, I'm not so sure I'd give it a week.

Due to his history though, thoroughly deserved.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Also, Demons supporters. Their internal rage is so cute to watch.

"AFL is against us"

"Berry is soft"

"Now bracing is a thug act"

Lions even submitted a medical report that was very generous to May. :D

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
Not surprised we had a majority of opposition fans wanting the charges dropped. The same people thought Jeremy Cameron was the victim for his strike on Andrews.

Melbourne supporters are going to have to get used to May on suspension. He will always play with one toe over the line, the review panel will react to it and his history will go against him. Just like clean players get good bloke allowances when they occasionally get reported (excluding hodge - his case seems special). Just like matho won't get genuine highs paid on occasion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy Puller

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Would rather May have played. Don’t get satisfaction out of seeing players miss a week for a hit that although against the rulers caused no damage to our man. Whatever I guess some people round here gotta find joy in the little things. Sadistic much

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Probably enough of a case file of repetitive behaviour now for the Lions to take out an restraining order against May. He can play but he can’t come within 100 feet of Stef or Jarrod.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-12/tribunal-star-dees-challenge-fails-will-miss-r1

May acknowledged after the hearing he needed to alter his playing style.
"I don't need to change my whole game but there are parts I can clean up, no doubt," May said.
"I don't want to be here (Tribunal) ever again.
"Like I said, we play a fast-paced game and those decisions are made on instinct."
This was the sixth time May has found guilty of rough conduct. He was rubbed out for five games in 2016 after bumping Berry's teammate Stefan Martin, with the ruckman stretchered off after that clash.

Seems like an admission that he was in the wrong in this instance. FWIW I think he'll infringe again as his playing style is well established now.

May 30, 2013
BNE, AUS
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, Cubs, Bulls
I might be in the minority here BUT if it wasn't May and his history against our players, I'm not so sure I'd give it a week.

Due to his history though, thoroughly deserved.

I don't see that his history comes into it particularly. There was impact to the head of some consequence even if Berry didn't sit out the rest of the game because of it (medium impact) and May had plenty of time to choose to do something else (careless). That's a week off. When he and others step out of he tribunal and say "I don’t need to change the way I play..." well I think that's wrong. He clearly does need to change the way he plays even if his flaws are more about technique and decision-making rather than thuggery.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ball was out of the vacinity, the block was unnecessary, he elected to use his shoulder and got Berry high. It wasnt a dog act but not a pure footballing motion (a bump going in for a ball) it was a clean up job and he got him high. Its very lucky he didn't KO him, another 2 cms higher and it is right in that sweet spot around the chin that can be lights out.

It's simple, you're sill allowed to do those little shirt front, off the ball, fix up jobs, but if you elect to do it, you can't hit the neck, chin or head.

He elected to take him out, albeit not huge force, and he got him in the neck and chin with the ball no where near the contest, Lions player or not, it's a week and rightly so.

These head injuries are very serious and thugs like him and cameron are causing brain injury to their peers, charge you technique, get down low and don't get the head, or don't bump.

WA Lion

Club Legend
Jan 27, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Would rather May have played. Don’t get satisfaction out of seeing players miss a week for a hit that although against the rulers caused no damage to our man. Whatever I guess some people round here gotta find joy in the little things. Sadistic much
May is a repeat offender for late, head high contact to unbraced/unprotected players. If you can't see an issue there, with all due respect it's a worry

Back