Game Day JLT- Matchday Discussion Carlton@Collingwood(Morwell Reserve- 2:10PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Interested to see why a few posters here think Collingwood were taking it easy? Is it because of the scoreline that you didn't win by more?

I know there were some managed minutes, for example Howe only playing a half, that wouldn't happen in a real game. You also gave game time to 24 players to our 22.

But from watching the game it looked to me like both teams were going in pretty hard...the pace and intensity was quite high from start to finish.

And the structures looked pretty much the same as what both teams will use in round 1...not like Buckley and Bolton were simply experimenting. Heard most coaches and players say in interviews that they treat JLT2 seriously as a full dress rehearsal for round 1 to get their structures/cohesion in place so they aren't mucking around.

Not sure what the final stats were but the total tackle count in first quarter was very low. Think that shows teams not going in real hard.

The speed and intensity will go through the roof in round 1.

I am not going RD 1 as I been in Noosa. My 1st Game I be going to when I get back is Anzac Day. Be away from the 21st and head back around the 21st of the next month

You'll have to head up to the Gabba for the Easter Thursday game Dave.

Anyone else see that dodgy boundary umpiring going our way in the last Quarter? I've been doing boundary umpiring in the EFL going 4 years now and I've never seen anyone miss those before.

Thought it was generous of Grundy to allow his Carlton opponent to continually grab a handful of his jumper at those boundary throw-ins.... very charitable

Thought it was generous of Grundy to allow his Carlton opponent to continually grab a handful of his jumper at those boundary throw-ins.... very charitable
Be nice if that was called.

Same as Cox and others holding Cox all the time.

Interested to see why a few posters here think Collingwood were taking it easy? Is it because of the scoreline that you didn't win by more?

I know there were some managed minutes, for example Howe only playing a half, that wouldn't happen in a real game. You also gave game time to 24 players to our 22.

But from watching the game it looked to me like both teams were going in pretty hard...the pace and intensity was quite high from start to finish.

And the structures looked pretty much the same as what both teams will use in round 1...not like Buckley and Bolton were simply experimenting. Heard most coaches and players say in interviews that they treat JLT2 seriously as a full dress rehearsal for round 1 to get their structures/cohesion in place so they aren't mucking around.

I wouldn't say any coach, team or individual player would ever take it "easy" but there were a few clues that we weren't taking it as seriously as we might have. Without doing a full analysis, Howe only getting the 2nd half, Elliott rested in the last, significantly managed time for some of the more senior guys, large periods of time with Callum and Tyler Brown both running through the midfield instead of a couple of guys who might be a tad better credentialed, low tackle numbers, players rested, lower intensity than you'd expect.

Last edited:
Jen, do you know why it always loads quite a bit after the game?

Drives me mad when I want to watch it back.

Though I do like the game cut up into quarters - makes it quite easy to watch a really good quarter again.

Part of the TV rights deal that Fox gets to show the replay 1st as I understand it.

Part of the TV rights deal that Fox gets to show the replay 1st as I understand it.
Ta.
Makes perfect sense.

Patience has its reward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back