Game Day JLT- Matchday Discussion Collingwood @ Fremantle(HBF Arena - 6:40PM EST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Running a comp re.. perhaps we can have a 3 2 1 voting matchday system re.. winner gets a signed pair of Gimp's designer shoes of their choice.. here's a small sample of em.. sorry couldn't fit all 40-50 odd of em in the one frame..

You guys are greats re.. thought I'd give a lil back and get as many as I can involved on game day.. let's make game day bigger than Ben Hur re..

20190304_221546.jpg

Have to admit, barely noticed Roughead. That may not be a bad thing given his position though

Say that a Good Thing as he is FB. Bit like Presti.

Hogan did nothing

Running a comp re.. perhaps we can have a 3 2 1 voting matchday system re.. winner gets a signed pair of Gimp's designer shoes of their choice.. here's a small sample of em.. sorry couldn't fit all 40-50 odd of em in the one frame..

You guys are greats re.. thought I'd give a lil back and get as many as I can involved on game day.. let's make game day bigger than Ben Hur re..

View attachment 629346
No uggies, moccas or thongs m8. Who would want to win one of that collection? Can't see myself knocking back on the coach with any of those shoes on for more than two seconds.

So here's all the important stuff from the match today. I was sitting first row directly behind the interchange area. I couldn't see half the game because they were standing around waiting to be interchanged. The game was played mostly on the other side..... It was an excellent day. End of report.

Thought tonight was going to be a good opportunity for Rupe, he didn’t get the mid minutes I thought he would with the outs we had. He certainly didn’t make the most of his limited mid minutes unfortunately.

I do liken him to a menegola body type, and they seemed to play him in the menegola type position of tall mid playing heavy fwd mins. I’d like to see him played in that role again next week to see if he can get more comfortable.

With some of the youngsters playing well, it’s starting to look a bit grim for Rupe unfortunately!

Thought tonight was going to be a good opportunity for Rupe, he didn’t get the mid minutes I thought he would with the outs we had. He certainly didn’t make the most of his limited mid minutes unfortunately.

I do liken him to a menegola body type, and they seemed to play him in the menegola type position of tall mid playing heavy fwd mins. I’d like to see him played in that role again next week to see if he can get more comfortable.

With some of the youngsters playing well, it’s starting to look a bit grim for Rupe unfortunately!

For Rup it seems like it's key forward or bust.. The club doesn't seem to see his future in the midfield. He's turning 26 so unfortunately time isn't on his side.

Have to admit, barely noticed Roughead. That may not be a bad thing given his position though
His opponent, Cox, kicked 3 goals in the first half. I thought Roughead was only a smidgeon more impressive than Wills. He looks a very vanilla sort of player. Can only hope he develops a more distinctive flavour as the season unfolds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You sure he was on Hogan? I thought he was on Cox.
Roughead On Cox?

:eek:

You wouldn’t read about it, would you?
Where’s The Truth when you need it?

Roughead from what I saw tonight really struggles to run.. not really a commanding presence at FB.

Quaynor.. well not a great game.. but I get a sense he's really quite special.. what does every young player do.. ball watch.. and run in ridiculous spots. Which is what he did tonight. But that's ok. He'll figure it out.

Roughead from what I saw tonight really struggles to run.. not really a commanding presence at FB.

Quaynor.. well not a great game.. but I get a sense he's really quite special.. what does every young player do.. ball watch.. and run in ridiculous spots. Which is what he did tonight. But that's ok. He'll figure it out.
I reckon you are on the money. Had a touch of headless chicken about him, but there's a power and balance about him that just screams gun.

Probably don't need him to be Gimpy. He was never going to have the same grunt about him as Dunny. Just as long as he plays his role and punches the ball out.

I reckon you are on the money. Had a touch of headless chicken about him, but there's a power and balance about him that just screams gun.

Precisely.. he just wanted the pill at times.. couldn't give a * where he got it.. just a kid.. but that explosion.. God.. that turn on the boundary in the 1st.. there was an incident where Balantyne tried to turn him inside out.. IQ kept his feet and didn't turn his back on him he moved from right to left easily strong legs so not many are gonna get away from him in a contest.. really is all we needed to see.

Last edited:
Favourite part was when they interviewed Beams and he revealed that he thought Stephenson could take another step forward this year.

View attachment 629346

YoungInfantileJaguarundi-poster.jpg

Double monk straps please!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back