Game Day JLT- Matchday Discussion Collingwood @ GWS (UNSW - 7:10PM EST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe at your place but for 3 quaters of the other supporters it would be heaven because not only will it give us the best key forward of the last 20 years but we would finally see the end of Buckley and Eddie
This is the Collingwood board mate. Are you lost?

Is it just me or has Reid lost his major weapon (no Walter it’s not his hair) in his kicking.

I noticed it last year so I am not judging it just on the GWS game.

Thoughts?
That's why we can't play him as a defender imo.

Hahahaha, that statement is dumber than the Bible verse you quoted, so what, it's also an opinion on a forum, to me Bucks is useless, get over it
I’m naturally sceptical of people who are happy when Collingwood lose. Your posting suggests you are not a Collingwood supporter.

I’m naturally sceptical of people who are happy when Collingwood lose. Your posting suggests you are not a Collingwood supporter.
Believe what you want, I've probably been a supporter longer than you've been alive. Maybe I'm sick of all the mediocrity and the bad recruiting and overall bad decisions of the last 6 years, AND, I would rather end up last than 9th

Believe what you want, I've probably been a supporter longer than you've been alive. Maybe I'm sick of all the mediocrity and the bad recruiting and overall bad decisions of the last 6 years, AND, I would rather end up last than 9th
It’s unusual for such a passionate supporter to want to the club to finish bottom before the season starts.

It’s unusual for such a passionate supporter to want to the club to finish bottom before the season starts.
As I said, we need some top end talent and you ain't going to get it by finishing as an also ran, you may as well end up last and get the best, and by round 12 you will see that we havn't improved at all, just being realistic, our depth was on display in the JLT and it was pathetic

As I said, we need some top end talent and you ain't going to get it by finishing as an also ran, you may as well end up last and get the best, and by round 12 you will see that we havn't improved at all, just being realistic, our depth was on display in the JLT and it was pathetic
You are correct in saying we need to wait until round 12 to assess our chance for finals. I expect us to be around parity and in with a real chance of an elimination final finish.

Agreed mike123........must play forward even if Moore does.
Agree, Reid at ff, Moore at chf, Dunn fb and could even give Mclarty a run at chb to see how he goes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again... I’ve seen that said every year...
consensus was that the 2017 draft sucked and my recollection is that 2016 wasn't that highly rated either

whereas this year's draft is considered strong in top end quality and in depth

Really terrific post.
I’ve highlighted one aspect I’d slightly differ on.
Phillips is just a bit different as brings to the table elite endurance.
That will always give him a “trick” point of difference in close selection calls.
He could go on to a nice level for ten years plus.

Smith, Oxley more your depth vanilla types.

Happy to disagree on Phillips. Had elite endurance when he got to the club, needs to do better if he's to have a long term future.

Exactamondo - it's perfectly reasonable to expect to see evidence of improvement in game plan / skill execution. Was there evidence of either of these facets on display? Appears not from comments on this board. I hope some of the blather and crappy jargon that emanates from the club doesn't permeate instructions to players either on the training track or on match day.
If he wasn't so slow he could get away with being uncontested.
ahhhh the Ox is slow but the earth is patient.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back