Game Day JLT no. 1 - Ports v West Coast - Sunday 25/2/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Tackles inside F50 14-3

Where's that forward pressure we're supposed to be good at?

Jake Neade could not have missed more tackles if he tried. He was woeful beyond comprehension.

Nothing is going to change unless we tinker with the game plan to allow more freedom of ball movement. This timid, chip chip turnover short possession game will get us nowhere. We have the cattle, so the coaches have no more excuses.

Winning is a habit, so JLT games should matter. If we get into the habit, it might just win us a final at some point.

Not sure I buy into the narrative of Port dominating the game but failing to take their opportunities.

The Eagles dominated the midfield around the ground, created more turnovers and more I50s.

Boak (playing HF), Barry, Amon, Pittard and Westhoff were our highest ball winners, tells you all you need to know. For all we know our midfield could have been tightly time managed. I think if our midfield gets on top in games our "new" finishers in Motlop and Watts will be able to get into the game more.

I think our pressure game plan seemed pretty solid despite losing the midfield, but if this keeps going it won't start looking any better.

I hope we get really ruthless at some point in the near future.
Sick of this s**t. **** that umpiring!

Aren't you the bloke who defended Hinkley like he's the messiah?

You didn't have to be Smart to work out how it was going to end. Still early days but the Ghosts are still there. Hope we have a better game plan than we showed today.
Better now than in a real match is what I hang onto.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing devils advocate here for a moment. It's the pre-season. Yes, I know winning is habit forming, but pre-season is when you test things out. That is all it's for. It's not there for our benefit, it's there for the coaches and players benefit. It's the time of year where players are intentionally put under different stresses and duress to see how they manage a given situation.
Yes, we have the cattle to score big, but maybe, just maybe. that wasn't the focus of today. We're only given 2 pre-season games to sort out a whole range of issues. Perhaps the next match at Alberton is where the handbrake will come off. Just ******* relax.

our entire midfield was absolutely smashed. I love wines, but he really needs to take his game to the next level. His disposal and decision making was horrible. On paper our midfield looks incredible but on game day they look disinterested. Concerning signs early.

I remember this time last season and people were wetting them selves over our form, probably myself included in that.

then we came out and beat Sydney in syd round 1.

Who went on to lose many games on the trot mind you.

JLT series or not, and my pants, and bed are bone dry :rolleyes:, if Hinkley's new game plan is going to be based on 10 - 15 metre kicks, many of which tonight ( and also in the AFLX) resulted in turnovers, I fear it will only take the good teams about a qtr to dismantle it, so we may need to be prepared for some absolute f****** smashings.

Feels like a Port v WCE special. We control
big parts of a close game, but never get a decent lead and lose a close one late on.
Yup!

Dude ffs
Playing devils advocate here for a moment. It's the pre-season. Yes, I know winning is habit forming, but pre-season is when you test things out. That is all it's for. It's not there for our benefit, it's there for the coaches and players benefit. It's the time of year where players are intentionally put under different stresses and duress to see how they manage a given situation.
Yes, we have the cattle to score big, but maybe, just maybe. that wasn't the focus of today. We're only given 2 pre-season games to sort out a whole range of issues. Perhaps the next match at Alberton is where the handbrake will come off. Just ******* relax.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back