Game Day JLT no. 1 - Ports v West Coast - Sunday 25/2/18

Remove this Banner Ad

"We're gonna pressure the ball carrier"

Gaff - 35 touches (24 uncontested) at 80%.

Lol jk.

Gaff ran so much harder than anyone else on the ground.
Those uncontested possessions where from his incredible work rate and hard running
It was stinking hot at the ground and your players wilted in the heat in the second half

Gaff ran so much harder than anyone else on the ground.
Those uncontested possessions where from his incredible work rate and hard running
It was stinking hot at the ground and your players wilted in the heat in the second half
And by wilted you mean benched, because that's exactly what happened and why our game time percentages are more weighted towards the 60-80% game time whereas yours is weighted more towards 80-100%

What a boring game of football, don’t care really about the result. Will take a while to gel as a team.. stings abit that it is west coast. s**t game, s**t conditions, s**t umpiring nothing’s changed

I for one didn't want Dixon to smash the dude at the end, in a practice match and with people being rubbed out for hurting opponents in tackles these days risk round 1 for a meaningless game. You don't think it was in the back of his head if I * this up there goes round 1 and possibly 2 and for what? I hate practice matches with a passion as they are pointless, risk injuries to key players and suspensions for accidents like Gray.

Do I give a toss we lost a practice match.. no. Did we lose it looking shite.. well yes but what were u guys all watching it cross eyed? Neither team was running anything like their usual lineups in usual spots.

I for one didn't want Dixon to smash the dude at the end

It was like the film trope where everything is suddenly in slow motion, including the audio.

"NooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

I was petrified Dixon was going to come up with his arm hanging like an overcooked noodle.

Pump the brakes, nothing to see here. The scene at half time with the boys says it all. Dixons white line fever and gravitas is why he is in the leadership group.

Pump the brakes, nothing to see here. The scene at half time with the boys says it all. Dixons white line fever and gravitas is why he is in the leadership group.
Oh and being 2nd in our BnF and kicking the most goals is nice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In direct contrast, how overweight and unfit does Paddy look?
Paddy didn’t start 2017 off that well either to recall, but was good to go by rd1.

He does look undersized against the bigger framed ruckmen, like Jacobs. Lycett and Vardy looked big against him. Credit to Vardy, he’s gotten the better of Paddy the last two matches.

Ladhams was further away from the standard required than I had expected, but he’s a second year rookie who played a lot of SANFL reserves last year. It would have been interesting to see Frampton go around.

I'm not as concerned about the result as I am about the way it happened, and preseason comp or not the modus operandi in numerous losses has been similar under 3 different coaches now, and for something like a dozen years.

IE We play keepings off, and regularly too often, and well before it is necessary, and when it is necessary to ice a game, we can't/don't f****** do it! :rolleyes:

Good that we have so many wettexes on this board to keep drying it all up.

Let's face it you can't take much out of this stuff, and I have no idea being Jo Public what actually gets altered in the off-season, all I know is there is a lot of talent on our list now, not all will work out to be awesome but I think once we get Rocky/Wingard/Polec in that team that will get me more excited. As long as it can gel as a team that's the main thing, we have definitely bought some 'back-up' over the break, looking forward to this season.

Also guys like Wines needs to correct his disposal.. if you can't do it under next to no pressure in a practice match it doesn't leave you confident things will change during the minor round.
You are asking to much here. Guys who make football a life profession and cant kick will always be like that unless something happens to change what they are like. Wines in general has been a poor kick for as long as i have watched him. Good footballers are generally good kickers imo. Captain material ? i have always said he is but i have doubts creeping in.

You are asking to much here. Guys who make football a life profession and cant kick will always be like that unless something happens to change what they are like. Wines in general has been a poor kick for as long as i have watched him. Good footballers are generally good kickers imo. Captain material ? i have always said he is but i have doubts creeping in.
Unless he has a teammate in the clear and zero pressure on the kick he's a cross ya fingers and hope kick, not just Ollie by the way but our field kicking in general seems to put the next guy in the chain under pressure all the time.. so frustrating

No tribunal though, so that doesn't really apply anymore. Guess it could still be used as a rough guide.
Those definitions still apply. Christian has to apply them to work out what penalty he hands down. I'm sticking with original call of careless and low. Christian went with careless and medium = 1 game. I can't find his staement or reasing on the AFL website.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-14/major-changes-to-afl-match-review-panel
The AFL has also scrapped the one-match discount previously offered for early pleas, with clubs that elect to challenge MRP decisions now risking a $10,000 cost that will be included in their soft football department cap.
2018MRPGraph-v2.jpg

I'll agree Thomas struggled today but don't agree his done.
The blokes only just come off a hamstring playing in a totally different setup for the first time and the forward entry today was pretty avarage.
Let's at least give him a month of full training and a few games in the prison bars To prove his worth.

He was done last year. Why would someone his age suddenly get better?
Umps have the crosshairs on him (but not other serial duckers) so even if he miraculously got back to his best he'd be targeted

Those definitions still apply. Christian has to apply them to work out what penalty he hands down. I'm sticking with original call of careless and low. Christian went with careless and medium = 1 game. I can't find his staement or reasing on the AFL website.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-14/major-changes-to-afl-match-review-panel
The AFL has also scrapped the one-match discount previously offered for early pleas, with clubs that elect to challenge MRP decisions now risking a $10,000 cost that will be included in their soft football department cap.
2018MRPGraph-v2.jpg

Calling Gray's action "careless" is the whole issue.

Hopefully Toump was an outlier...

HINKLEY KEEN TO EXORCISE DEMONS USING EX-DEES

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-01/hinkley-keen-to-exorcise-demons-using-exdees

"I've always believed that when players change clubs, they're quite motivated," Hinkley told AFL.com.au recently.

"Either they're trying to be better themselves and improve, and they have that little chip on their shoulder that they want to show them I was a pretty good player.

"From our point of view, they're all motivated really highly to improve, so I think the key part for me is that they're motivated to help Port get better."

The Power's list is now the sixth oldest in the competition, with the second-most experience.

With their number of new recruits and how they fit into the side, plus how much improvement the likes of Riley Bonner, Todd Marshall, Aidyn Johnson, Dan Houston and Karl Amon can show, Hinkley admits there's "certainly some unknown" about his team in 2018.

But he's excited by the prospect of his new-look list coming together to exorcise the demons – with the specific help of some former ones - of 2017.

"We're going to need some games to play some footy together, and some of the unknown are some of the ones we've already got there," Hinkley said.

"There's a number of boys who've come in and they all give us quite good finish, but where they'll actually fall, when the time rolls around, it's still a little up in the air.

A player that comes to mind who dramatically improved their field kicking skills is Jobe Watson. But agree this doesn't happen that often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back