Game Day JLT Ports vs those guys

Remove this Banner Ad

"You're s**t Jenkins"
You will not make this putt ya jackass!

Wow re-watching the second quarter now and while it isn't great it wasn't remotely melt-worthy. I really need to re-calibrate my melt-meter.
I was melting over the million handballs inside 50 to end up with 1 behind after 10 minutes only to give away a goal straight away.

People hear what they want to hear. I reckon Roo goes too hard the other way and over praises us for fear of being called 1 sided. Altho occassionally he will have a sly dig or make a pointed comment, but i believe a good commentator shouldnt bite their tongue and call it like they see it. Roo also appears to be Jerkas biggest critic so thats amusing.

I also agree that voice should really rule him out of any commentary gig.

I see/heard Derm also managed to comment that Russell Ebert was Brad's father - only to be corrected by Dwayne Russell

He didn't actually say "Russel" it was somthing along the line of "id love to have seen Brads dad play, from the footage i've seen" at which point i'm thinking "hmm, i wonder if he knows what he's saying or talking about Russel... surely Derm knows better" given the follow up i guess not.

Dermott seemed to find the Scott Hodges end amusing with a muted giggle dunno if he didn't rate Scott or what but it sounded a bit disrespectful.. ah well it's Derm I guess
I thought at the time he said "Scott Hodges Stand", and "Stand" was the source of amusement. Was only half listening and I'm no fan of his anyway.

"I was both shocked and appalled at the language I heard from Port supporters at Alberton on Saturday" tweet incoming.
I confess, it was I who proclaimed loudly that we were "Bloody good" after the siren went. Although I would say in my defence that most of the people behind me were quite pleased with my outburst.

Round 1:

B: Bonner, Clurey, Houston
HB: DBJ, Jonas, Hartlett
C: Barry, Wines, Polec
HF: Boak, Watts, Wingard
F: Westhoff, Dixon, Motlop
R: Ryder, Ebert, SPP
Int: Rockliff, S. Gray, Howard, Neade

Emerg (aka damn unlucky): Amon, Atley, Marshall, McKenzie

Not available: R. Gray (susp), Pittard (hamstring)

S. Gray & Neade out for Marshall & Atley. They simply have to play AFL, we know what we get from the other two. No more games into the Paul Stewart types, develop our depth even more and get as much AFL experience into the younger guys demanding selection.

Wow re-watching the second quarter now and while it isn't great it wasn't remotely melt-worthy. I really need to re-calibrate my melt-meter.

The problem was it was us playing okay but not turning it into scoreboard pressure which was the story of the last 3 years against good sides and it seemed to be the exact same issues of poor ball use and efficiency inside 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Add in Tex and Brad Crouch and it goes back out to +11 clearances. Its a trial game Janus, dont talk s**t.

Midfielders with less than 60% TOG:

Adelaide

Brad Crouch

Port Adelaide

Polec, Wingard, Boak, Rockliff, Powell-Pepper

I’m only sorry that I just looked at the $4.50 odds at half time for us to win and couldn’t be bothered ringing up to place a bet :)

Pretty harsh on Jenkins. It was only a few weeks ago he was rated by many as a better player than Charlie Dixon. He doesn’t deserve this level of scrutiny after one bad game.
Yeah well I don't think Saturday's game put that argument to bed.

He didn't actually say "Russel" it was somthing along the line of "id love to have seen Brads dad play, from the footage i've seen" at which point i'm thinking "hmm, i wonder if he knows what he's saying or talking about Russel... surely Derm knows better" given the follow up i guess not.
Brereton pretty much acknowledged he'd mucked that up, he talked of Dwayne Russell putting him straight.

Unpopular opinion: I like Riccuito commentating our games. I hate him commentating Crows games, but in Port vs non-SA team games he actually does give us credit when its due and (‘Gray brothers’ aside, which to be honest I think was probably a pisstake) seems fairly knowledgeable when it comes to our club and its players.

****ing loves Dougal Howard too from the sounds of things, so he and I have that common.
from what I've heard everyone at the crow's including the skipper rate Howard very highly

Dermott seemed to find the Scott Hodges end amusing with a muted giggle dunno if he didn't rate Scott or what but it sounded a bit disrespectful.. ah well it's Derm I guess
To be fair, there's no one in the end, it looks really shitty and the banner is half hanging off. It's barely an honour the way it looks.

"I was both shocked and appalled at the language I heard from Port supporters at Alberton on Saturday" tweet incoming.
Oh, Facebook had that covered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back