Game Day JLT R1- Bulldogs vs Hawks @Mars

Remove this Banner Ad

Garry Lyon immediately hosed any idea of us making the eight when asked. All for differing opinions but he has had it in for us for years, ever since he was given the keys at Melbourne and drove them into the ground.

We need to get over commentators who dont see us making the eight as "hating" us or having a grudge.

You give credit where its due - I remember Footy Classified coping it in Mccartneys last year from dogs fans - They only judged what they saw and there is no underlying hatred that influences what they say - Alot of us know these media guys and would be able to atest to that.

I have us missing the 8 - and I absolutely love the club.

Barrett will wet his pants with excitement if Boyd plays twos all year.

If Boyd played VFL all year, supporters would do more than that. Until the Grand Final, Boyd had barely justified his place in the team, let alone his contract and salary. It's a chilling thought that Schache might be preferred to Boyd as ruck-forward

We need to get over commentators who dont see us making the eight as "hating" us or having a grudge.

You give credit where its due - I remember Footy Classified coping it in Mccartneys last year from dogs fans - They only judged what they saw and there is no underlying hatred that influences what they say - Alot of us know these media guys and would be able to atest to that.

I thought u would have realised that if you don’t agree we will win the next 8 flags, has the best list, best depth and every player we have is a gun you hate the club by BF standards.

I think our best 22 can make finals but the drop off after the 25th-26th best player is Everest like. If we stay fit we are in the mix for bottom of finals with a lot of other teams.

I'm a little bit concerned that the club sees Trengove as a ruck-forward. It's a very real possibility that we have upward of $2 million of our salary cap spent on 4 ruck-forwards (Boyd, Schache, Roughy and Trengove) and none of them are elite at that position.

I'm a little bit concerned that the club sees Trengove as a ruck-forward. It's a very real possibility that we have upward of $2 million of our salary cap spent on 4 ruck-forwards (Boyd, Schache, Roughy and Trengove) and none of them are elite at that position.

Na you got that wrong - we now have 8 ruck/forwards
Trengove
Roughead
Boyd
Schache
English
Redpath
Campbell
Mullenger-McHugh

Nah i prefer to hate Lyon cause his a Melbourne tool, Watson for being a Bomber flunky, Llloyd just for being himself and Kingy for his stupid Mr Squiggle graph!
And a reckon we will be top 4 and win it!

I thought u would have realised that if you don’t agree we will win the next 8 flags, has the best list, best depth and every player we have is a gun you hate the club by BF standards.

I think our best 22 can make finals but the drop off after the 25th-26th best player is Everest like. If we stay fit we are in the mix for bottom of finals with a lot of other teams.
Disagree re our depth. We bat down to well into the 30s. It is not our depth that is the issue. 5 injuries alone to any of our top 10 and we are toast.

However in saying that nearly every other team are in the same boat. Our top 10 remain healthy top 4, more than 4 do not and we habe 2017 at best

I think they were always going to do it in fact Wood played forward last year against the Gold Coast in Cairns and looked promising but needs more time to adjust. If Naughton wasnt there then Lewis Young probably would have done the same role.

But would he have done it as well? I don't think so.
Despite looking ok in his first couple of games last year I don't think Young has the strength or ability to read the play that Naughton has.
That mark he took under heavy pressure from Roughead was first class.

I honestly don’t get why anyone would think we should not make the 8 - Barring significant injuries.

Seems to me an unnecessary protective posture.

We could easily have fallen into the 8 last year with a list which was lacking motivation, physical conditioning and a number of internal divisions and distractions.

Unless you believe 2016 was just a fluke - I can’t see how your expectations wouldn’t be top 4.

The only players unavailable from that finals campaign are M Boyd Hamling and Stringer. Stringer barely contributed in that finals series. If Adams was fit - Hamling misses the 2016 finals series.

What we have lost of any real worth is an AA M Boyd at half back. What we have gained is more games together in a very young list, a belief we can do it and if the hungers back than we should challenge all sides and therefore a preliminary final is a pass mark by any logical or historical analysis.

I honestly don’t get why anyone would think we should not make the 8 - Barring significant injuries.

We could easily have fallen into the 8 last year with a list which was lacking motivation, physical conditioning and a number of internal divisions and distractions.

Unless you believe 2016 was just a fluke - I can’t see how your expectations wouldn’t be top 4.

The only players unavailable from that finals campaign are M Boyd Hamling and Stringer. Stringer barely contributed in that finals series. If Adams was fit - Hamling misses the 2016 finals series.

What we have lost of any real worth is an AA M Boyd at half back. What we have gained is more games together in a very young list, a belief we can do it and if the hungers back than we should challenge all sides and therefore a preliminary final is a pass mark by any logical or historical analysis.

Disagree re our depth. We bat down to well into the 30s. It is not our depth that is the issue. 5 injuries alone to any of our top 10 and we are toast.

However in saying that nearly every other team are in the same boat. Our top 10 remain healthy top 4, more than 4 do not and we habe 2017 at best

Sorry mate we don’t bat down into 30 IMO

Honey Campbell and others aren’t up to it.

I do think the kids at the “bottom” of the list will be good but just are not ready yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d count our depth closer to bottom 3 than top 3
Depends how you define depth I guess. I think of it like old school milk. You’ve got the cream at the top (best 22) and then the milk (the other 22). I think our other 22 could roll nearly every other teams other 22.

Also got my words mixed up earlier. I know the group of players you mentioned you don’t rate, but didn’t mean to say you don’t like them. Meant that you can’t single out 5 or 6 players you don’t rate and write off our depth based on that.

Na you got that wrong - we now have 8 ruck/forwards
Trengove
Roughead
Boyd
Schache
English
Redpath
Campbell
Mullenger-McHugh

Ha that's a bit of a worry. Think Trengove could be the prototype Bevo ruckman though. I remember a couple of years back when he was forced to ruck the year at Port we were all talking about what a good ruck he'd be for us. Really aggressive and competitive all over the ground.

Depends how you define depth I guess. I think of it like old school milk. You’ve got the cream at the top (best 22) and then the milk (the other 22). I think our other 22 could roll nearly every other teams other 22.

Also got my words mixed up earlier. I know the group of players you mentioned you don’t rate, but didn’t mean to say you don’t like them. Meant that you can’t single out 5 or 6 players you don’t rate and write off our depth based on that.

Unfortunately most clubs would hope their “senior” depth players are the strength to back up best 22.

My opinion is for us they aren’t. I’d much rather see English than Campbell, Webb than Jong, Lipinski than Honey, Young than Roberts and I think they are just as good if not better than that senior group of depth players.

That’s my point in depth mate, if your kids are better options depth cannot be great

You're back! You been ok?

Unfortunately most clubs would hope their “senior” depth players are the strength to back up best 22.

My opinion is for us they aren’t. I’d much rather see English than Campbell, Webb than Jong, Lipinski than Honey, Young than Roberts and I think they are just as good if not better than that senior group of depth players.

That’s my point in depth mate, if your kids are better options depth cannot be great
Well our senior depth I’d probably agree isn’t great. Guess that’s the main part we differ on. When i think depth I think of a much larger group of players. Every club has their spuds, us included.

I agree with all the examples you listed above. I’m glad the club tried to look at other options for Campbell. I’m annoyed Jongy isn’t at the Gold Coast (although I still feel he was ok to start last year. Showed a bit in the intra but was back to regular Jong on the weekend).

I’m surprised we picked Honey over Crammers. I’d be surprised if Sid doesn’t look at other options at seasons end.

Hahhahahhahaha Dunkley and Clay tease us with 2-3 goals even now and then(Clay “teased” us with a few in the finals in 2016 but then you name f?cking Jong who hasn’t even teased us with that many goals EVER!!

Jesus I just don’t get it
Do not use the lord's name in vain, MD. Jong is the second coming.ALL HAIL JONGE!!!!

Fair enough,I can't understand people who proclaim they've added someone to their ignore list but then replying to the said people anyway,but I don't go on and on about it.
Plenty to talk about from yesterday's game other than snaking into someone who mentioned Jong as a possible 6th best midfielder.
Sounds like some sort of obsession.
IMO 5TH BEST MID. JONG IS A GOOD PLAYER, HE MAY NOT BE HIGHLY SKILLED BUT HE GOES REALLY HARD. for the first game after coming back from a knee injury, his performance would be rated as a 7-8/10 for the time he played. JUST WAIT FOR MD'S RESPONSE. ;):rolleyes::cool:

IMO 5TH BEST MID. JONG IS A GOOD PLAYER, HE MAY NOT BE HIGHLY SKILLED BUT HE GOES REALLY HARD. for the first game after coming back from a knee injury, his performance would be rated as a 7-8/10 for the time he played. JUST WAIT FOR MD'S RESPONSE. ;):rolleyes::cool:

I enjoyed the game thanks for asking

Wood will play back and only occasionally further up the ground.

exactly, if you want to develop a guy to pinch hit up forward the best way to do that would be to allow him to play permanent forward during trial games, would it not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back