Preview JLT Round 1 - Gold Coast vs Western Bulldogs - Sunday March 3, 7:40pm in Mackay

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Burgess impressive last week and tonight.

Jack martin seemed to go to ground alot tonight when he didnt have to... could just be the conditions...

Lukosious' field kicking / decision making looks first class.

Powell coming along nicely.

Ballard will play every game this year.

Pretty happy to grind out that last 5 minutes and get the win.

Derwayne hasnt got a nice thing to say about us.

The only guy who looked like he didn't belong there was Ben King. Barely saw him at all and when I did he looked below the level. Suspect he might jag a few games towards the end of the year but if he plays then it's because we've succumbed once again to injuries.

Ainsworth 21 disposals 42% game time
Miles 21 disposals 32% game time
Miles seemed like he was out there a whole lot more.
Guess it was because he was always in the play.
Nice game from Benny. Seems to be working through the midfield almost exclusively.

Good to see we didn’t get completely pumped in the middle with so many guys rotating through there. Lost the disposal count by 60-odd but only lost the clearances by 3. Having Witts in the ruck helps and he could be crucial going forward with the clearances.

Conditions looked super slippery and the ball was a cake of soap so good to break even on the scoreboard and can forgive some players on their easy drops/mis-kicks.

Good hitout.

Lemmens looked like he hurt his ankle bad in like the last twenty seconds. Had to be helped off the ground. He was good I thought. Rotten luck for him and sours the win. He set up a few key plays for us.

First JLT last year wrecked his season too with that bad hamstring injury. Hopefully this one doesn't keep him out for as long.

Ahhh bugger. That sucks-he was ready for a good year last year before that injury. Sounds like history repeating. Ankle injuries rarely end up being short term unless it’s a ligament. That does sour it.

Amazing we got the win despite so much less of the ball and so many skill errors. Will take any win given our history. Harbs and Rory leading the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was essentially a full strength WB team, only missing Johanisson and Schache - and we were missing a few key characters like Hanley, Day, Brodie and Hombsch, so we should be pretty happy with that as a first hit out

Good finish. Burgess and Colins really were great. Look good for Supercoach picks. Wright was a bit disappointing but it was tough conditions. Our clearance seemed to be a lot better than last year. Smart play at the end to slow it up, Could have used that last year. Hopefully Brodie and Hanley play next match, i'm looking forward to seeing them.

Given our history with being overrun by the doggies you've gotta think it gives the boys a boost holding out against that midfield. Full credit to the fitness team we didn't look anywhere near as gassed as I expected given the conditions and past efforts.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Played his role well tonight. Not sure why you would want him out of the side =S
Lemmens always looks OK in the JLT. Last year everyone got excited after his Geelong JLT game and when the real stuff started he was back to the same old Lemmens. IMO McPherson is a far better small pressure forward. I would also have Powell Ah Chee Ainsworth Holman Rankine as small forwards before him. Just my opinion.

That was essentially a full strength WB team, only missing Johanisson and Schache - and we were missing a few key characters like Hanley, Day, Brodie and Hombsch, so we should be pretty happy with that as a first hit out
I think you have to add Holman and Young into that group
I'm not a massive Young fan but I think he did everything Dew et al wanted of him last year and more .Same goes for Nick Holman.(Is he still a rookie?)

Good to get the win, but boy was I nervous when it was basically goal for goal.

Def some good signs for the young kids, also the mature recruits. A little variety of goal kickers as well. They also managed to run out the game well enough, seems those running sessions and intense training has helped over the summer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back