Game Day JLT Round 1 v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you seen anything today that backs up him being quick or a solid user? I not throwing in the towel but has made Motlop look like Charlie Cameron.

Motlop is capable of some good footy plus Starce was on him when he kicked 2 goals. He’s looked solid with the footy.

Port would be disappointed to only win by twenty when we've been running at half pace the whole second half.

I know we're trying things out but pretty fun that our midfield was at its best when we had our best midfielders there. Cey will need to lift

In the real season we’ll play Lyons and Zorko more in the midfield and Robbo won’t be as bad as he was today. Not worried about the mids

Ball movement off half back and small forwards more of an issue.

In terms of run off half back Christensen would do just as good a job as AC based on what I've seen
Agreed. And Lester would provide more imo then both Ah Chee and Birchall based off of today and last weekends scratch match v GC. Still very early days though. Should never place to much judgement on pre season matches both positive and negative.

No he wasn't Ah Chee was his direct opponent.

You might need to watch a replay. First one Ah Chee spoiled his opponent and then tackled Motlop high. Second one you can see Starce trailing him while he crumbed and snapped a goal.

Compare this loss to Geelongs and you'll all feel a lot better. Seriously less rotations and lots of managing game time coupled with it being the pre season and we've got nothing to worry about. We will be fine.

I'm a bit skeptical about whether Zorko, Neale, McCluggage etc need protecting, we have Robbo, Berry is bigger and his tackling looks good, I tihnk we will be right either way, he might be taking a spot from another more skilled player and we already have a couple of enforcers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does it look like we got through without any injuries?

Who was best on for us?

Good sign that we outscored them in the 4th quarter with 4 less players on the bench.

You might need to watch a replay. First one Ah Chee spoiled his opponent and then tackled Motlop high. Second one you can see Starce trailing him while he crumbed and snapped a goal.
That goal Motlop kicked from 50m out Ah Chee was his direct opponent and standing on the mark and Motlop was able to fake a handball and run around him quite easily for the goal. Starc was on him for one of them but not both.

Im not sure we'll ever crack the nut that is McStay...

He appears to be the kind of player who we'll move on and then he'll dominate somewhere else and everyone will question our intelligence.
Coburg beckons.

That goal Motlop kicked from 50m out Ah Chee was his direct opponent and standing on the mark and Motlop was able to fake a handball and run around him quite easily for the goal. Starc was on him for one of them but not both.

He kicked 3

Bailey has put together a decent second half
I like how he continually backs himself. Still got caught a few times but as he gets older, stronger and more experienced he'll evade tackles more regularly. He's a handy player to have in the side, provides a lot of pressure.

I'm a bit skeptical about whether Zorko, Neale, McCluggage etc need protecting, we have Robbo, Berry is bigger and his tackling looks good, I tihnk we will be right either way, he might be taking a spot from another more skilled player and we already have a couple of enforcers.
Good point. I reckon we're wasting a spot in the 22 by playing CEY. His disposal is average and doesn't do much else around the ground, which I base more off what I've seen of him over the years than just today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back