Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leftyitis

Bleeding black & white
Feb 7, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Took a few yrs off this stoopid game :D. Copped a s**tty year when nothing went right when i was used to cruising thru and being competitive every year...so i chucked one of those self absorbed tantrums and gave it away in disgust :D. Think i'd just been playing it too long.
Think i'll get back into it this yr.
They say 'If it's no longer fun, walk away'. I just break stuff. Helps.

The

TheOz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Token American sports team
Laird Handballs too much which is why I am not starting with him, often needs 30+ touches to ton up and doesnt get those i50 r50 going to boost his score that bit extra.
True, he does get 30+ very often though.

Sydney Kicker

Club Legend
Jan 18, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Eddy bretts kicked 5 and spp got 23 touches and are 200k cheaper both doing the same work as O'Meara etc but make more money for you than O'Meara or swallow would at they're price range
Swallow and O'Meara will score more in the regular season than they did in the JLT.

SPP and Eddy will score less.

In any case you shouldn't be comparing Swallow and O'Meara to the top rookie choices. Compare them to the 3rd or 4th best rookies on each line who will score even worse and have a huge risk of being dropped.

I expect I'll be taking all 4 thanks very much.

TheOz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
He does, but it also means he is very likely to always be a reachable upgrade target. Same reason Im not starting with Jackson Macrae solid picks you dont need to start with IMO, depending on how your team is set up ofcourse.
Laird never really goes low either, also talk of him getting some more midfield minutes this season. Would be top 3 for me in selecting backmen along with Adams and Docherty although third of that bunch. Top 6 at the end of the year I can see being Docherty, Adams, Laird, Shaw, Simpson, Howe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

vast

Hall of Famer
Sep 29, 2005
Nowhere
AFL Club
Essendon
Laird never really goes low either, also talk of him getting some more midfield minutes this season. Would be top 3 for me in selecting backmen along with Adams and Docherty. Top 6 at the end of the year I can see being Docherty, Adams, Laird, Shaw, Simpson, Howe.
Fair enough I cant see him going over 550k is all. I remember all those times you wanna bring in those guys that are flying like shaw but they will always end up just out of reach. I suspect Docherty will be the same this year even though I haven started with him, gone for piggy Shaw instead.

TheOz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Fair enough I cant see him going over 550k is all. I remember all those times you wanna bring in those guys that are flying like shaw but they will always end up just out of reach. I suspect Docherty will be the same this year even though I haven started with him, gone for piggy Shaw instead.
I agree with you, I think if you're going a bit light in the backs you gotta start one of the blokes that will score 105+ a game, it's a fair difference in accumulated points scoring if your top backman for the first ten rounds is going 10+ points per game plus it's easier to augment your backline with these 95 types during the season. Doch for me given his age and the fact that the ball will be in the Carlton backline alot is my pick for that 105+ back premo with Adams as the value pick who can get to that average.

G-TRAIN07

Club Legend
Sep 2, 2007
Mill Park
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Swallow and O'Meara will score more in the regular season than they did in the JLT.

SPP and Eddy will score less.

In any case you shouldn't be comparing Swallow and O'Meara to the top rookie choices. Compare them to the 3rd or 4th best rookies on each line who will score even worse and have a huge risk of being dropped.

I expect I'll be taking all 4 thanks very much.
More power to you

vast

Hall of Famer
Sep 29, 2005
Nowhere
AFL Club
Essendon
I agree with you, I think if you're going a bit light in the backs you gotta start one of the blokes that will score 105+ a game, it's a fair difference in accumulated points scoring if your top backman for the first ten rounds is going 10+ points per game plus it's easier to augment your backline with these 95 types during the season. Doch for me given his age and the fact that the ball will be in the Carlton backline alot is my pick for that 105+ back premo with Adams as the value pick who can get to that average.
Doch will be a stud no doubt. Shaw's kick to handball ratio makes me wet though. Nothing really between them.

The thing about about the ball being in backline alot thus increasing scoring is a fallacy imo, otherwise s**t teams would have all the best scoring defenders, history says otherwise. A good scorer is a good scorer. Shaw been in some good teams and has always been up there.

TheOz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Doch will be a stud no doubt. Shaw's kick to handball ratio makes me wet though. Nothing really between them.

The thing about about the ball being in backline alot thus increasing scoring is a fallacy imo, otherwise s**t teams would have all the best scoring defenders.
A good scorer is a good scorer. Shaw been in some good teams and has always been up there.
Alot of s**t teams don't have the defenders of the calibre of Docherty who is one of the best long kicks and also readers of the play (takes alot of intercept marks) in the comp.

vast

Hall of Famer
Sep 29, 2005
Nowhere
AFL Club
Essendon
Alot of s**t teams don't have the defenders of the calibre of Docherty who is one of the best long kicks and also readers of the play (takes alot of intercept marks) in the comp.
Which is why he would score well no matter who he played for, like Enright for example, I dont think his scores would have increased much at all if geelong where a s**tter team and the ball was in their backline a lot more. Yes the theory sounds logical but does not seem to happen that way in reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom