Chug!!
10k Posts
Feb 22, 2011
Loving the Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons
Took a few yrs off this stoopid game :D. Copped a shitty year when nothing went right when i was used to cruising thru and being competitive every year...so i chucked one of those self absorbed tantrums and gave it away in disgust :D. Think i'd just been playing it too long.
Think i'll get back into it this yr.
Great to see ya anyway, its just a bit of fun.
All the best mate.

Double the Fist

i wull eet yur fayce karnt
Dec 16, 2008
On the edge....
AFL Club
West Coast
Took a few yrs off this stoopid game :D. Copped a shitty year when nothing went right when i was used to cruising thru and being competitive every year...so i chucked one of those self absorbed tantrums and gave it away in disgust :D. Think i'd just been playing it too long.
LOL, I did that with footy when WC were smashed by the doggies late last year. Still havn't seen the GF.

Enright used to do stuff like that 20+ possessions and gets 70. Laird's a prick for it sometimes.

Laird Handballs too much which is why I am not starting with him, often needs 30+ touches to ton up and doesnt get those i50 r50 going to boost his score that bit extra.

Leftyitis

Bleeding black & white
Feb 7, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood

They say 'If it's no longer fun, walk away'. I just break stuff. Helps.

The

True, he does get 30+ very often though.

He does, but it also means he is very likely to always be a reachable upgrade target. Same reason Im not starting with Jackson Macrae solid picks you dont need to start with IMO, depending on how your team is set up ofcourse.

Jan 18, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Eddy bretts kicked 5 and spp got 23 touches and are 200k cheaper both doing the same work as O'Meara etc but make more money for you than O'Meara or swallow would at they're price range

Swallow and O'Meara will score more in the regular season than they did in the JLT.

SPP and Eddy will score less.

In any case you shouldn't be comparing Swallow and O'Meara to the top rookie choices. Compare them to the 3rd or 4th best rookies on each line who will score even worse and have a huge risk of being dropped.

I expect I'll be taking all 4 thanks very much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheOz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Token American sports team
He does, but it also means he is very likely to always be a reachable upgrade target. Same reason Im not starting with Jackson Macrae solid picks you dont need to start with IMO, depending on how your team is set up ofcourse.
Laird never really goes low either, also talk of him getting some more midfield minutes this season. Would be top 3 for me in selecting backmen along with Adams and Docherty although third of that bunch. Top 6 at the end of the year I can see being Docherty, Adams, Laird, Shaw, Simpson, Howe.

Laird never really goes low either, also talk of him getting some more midfield minutes this season. Would be top 3 for me in selecting backmen along with Adams and Docherty. Top 6 at the end of the year I can see being Docherty, Adams, Laird, Shaw, Simpson, Howe.

Fair enough I cant see him going over 550k is all. I remember all those times you wanna bring in those guys that are flying like shaw but they will always end up just out of reach. I suspect Docherty will be the same this year even though I haven started with him, gone for piggy Shaw instead.

TheOz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Token American sports team
Fair enough I cant see him going over 550k is all. I remember all those times you wanna bring in those guys that are flying like shaw but they will always end up just out of reach. I suspect Docherty will be the same this year even though I haven started with him, gone for piggy Shaw instead.
I agree with you, I think if you're going a bit light in the backs you gotta start one of the blokes that will score 105+ a game, it's a fair difference in accumulated points scoring if your top backman for the first ten rounds is going 10+ points per game plus it's easier to augment your backline with these 95 types during the season. Doch for me given his age and the fact that the ball will be in the Carlton backline alot is my pick for that 105+ back premo with Adams as the value pick who can get to that average.

G-TRAIN07

Club Legend
Sep 2, 2007
Mill Park
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Swallow and O'Meara will score more in the regular season than they did in the JLT.

SPP and Eddy will score less.

In any case you shouldn't be comparing Swallow and O'Meara to the top rookie choices. Compare them to the 3rd or 4th best rookies on each line who will score even worse and have a huge risk of being dropped.

I expect I'll be taking all 4 thanks very much.

More power to you

I agree with you, I think if you're going a bit light in the backs you gotta start one of the blokes that will score 105+ a game, it's a fair difference in accumulated points scoring if your top backman for the first ten rounds is going 10+ points per game plus it's easier to augment your backline with these 95 types during the season. Doch for me given his age and the fact that the ball will be in the Carlton backline alot is my pick for that 105+ back premo with Adams as the value pick who can get to that average.

Doch will be a stud no doubt. Shaw's kick to handball ratio makes me wet though. Nothing really between them.

The thing about about the ball being in backline alot thus increasing scoring is a fallacy imo, otherwise s**t teams would have all the best scoring defenders, history says otherwise. A good scorer is a good scorer. Shaw been in some good teams and has always been up there.

Just stepped in. How's rookies Fox Pelican Cameron looking?

Not much chop. Mexican the best of them and he's only had about 10 touches. Cameron not much game time and Fox just not very involved

Put a line through Fox and Cameron. Melican looks decent but not sure if he'll get a run round one.
Cheers Oz.

Fn rooks are absolute s**t this year. What a headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back