Game Day JLT series game 1 - Richmond vs Melbourne, 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just posting what Johnson said.

Now consider this, he said that after only 1 centre bounce which is an extraordinary judgment to make off 1 bounce.

Did he possibly just assume it was going to happen cause he knew players were asked to hold back the week before?

It's an extremely odd comment to make on the back of 1 bounce. Almost pre meditated.
well see, i don't simply believe someone's words...show me compelling evidence then no probs, i'll believe...still ABSOLUTELY NO shred of evidence being shown to me...NONE.

Seems like i'm the only one to actually look at replays, compiled the bounces...upload for everyone to see...I don't use any gift of the gab to sway someone of anything...the evidence is in the replays.....anyone else willing to provide other evidence ?

Last edited:
well see, i don't simply believe someone's words...show me compelling evidence then no probs, i'll believe...still ABSOLUTELY NO shred of evidence being shown to me...NONE.

Seems like i'm the only to actually look at replays, compiled the bounces...upload for everyone to see...I don't use any gift of the gab to sway someone of anything...the evidence is in the replays.....anyone else willing to provide other evidence ?

I think Michaels was agreeing with you mate....

Seems like i'm the only to actually look at replays, compiled the bounces...upload for everyone to see...I don't use any gift of the gab to sway someone of anything...the evidence is in the replays.....anyone else willing to provide other evidence ?

I think you have missed my point.

Never mind.

nah screw it, i'm not gonna spend time compiling clips, uploading for ppl to analyse and make myself a target for ppl to ridicule...who needs it.

Are you one of those guys who's determined to be angry and ticked off about stuff? Michaels is one of the good guys....and he's agreeing with you lol Calm down bro.

ok, just saw 2 centre bounces...wingers are walking in...no different to JLT games last week...what am I missing ?

well that's now 3 centre bounces, no different to last week's games.....anyone got any REAL evidence ? or is it just trust Brad Johnson's words ?

I won't make any smartarse comments here, I'll wait till I can download the whole game and watch it from the start...maybe I missed something from the start, who knows.

I'll help you. You only need to watch the 1st 15 seconds. Selwood bursts off the wing and gets to the centre where he gets possession and pumps it forward. From then, most other times the wingers slowly strolled in after the bounce.

MYTH: the AFL/Hocking directed the wingers NOT to rush into the square (at centre bounces) to help 6-6-6 rule look good.

You can believe it if you want, I don't.

This game in 2016, there is NO way Hocking could have given the same directive above to these players. Here are the centre bounces in the 1st quarter: (the time is video timestamp, not time in quarter)

Video time - wingers action

07:16 - jogging in
12:20 - jogging in
20:06 - jogging in
29:15 - jogging in
31:24 - jogging in

So ALL centre bounces in 1st quarter have the wingers casually jogging...NOT rushing in.....so the action of not rushing in has been going on way before Hocking devised his 6-6-6 rule.

That's my solid evidence. You go right ahead and perpetuate the myth. Not expecting any evidence from the believers any time soon...there's been NONE, it's all trust my words...rah rah rah.....

I'll help you. You only need to watch the 1st 15 seconds. Selwood bursts off the wing and gets to the centre where he gets possession and pumps it forward. From then, most other times the wingers slowly strolled in after the bounce.

So you admit that ONE time, they rushed in, and for rest of game, they don't rush in...so that's no different to JLT1 and yet you choose to believe Johnno's words that it looks so different to JLT1 games...based on:

1 rushing in vs REST of game not rushing in....

well I don't believe it looks so different to JLT1 games..but you certainly can, it's a free world.

MYTH: the AFL/Hocking directed the wingers NOT to rush into the square (at centre bounces) to help 6-6-6 rule look good.

This game in 2016, there is NO way Hocking could have given the same directive above to these players. Here are the centre bounces in the 1st quarter: (the time is video timestamp, not time in quarter)

So ALL centre bounces in 1st quarter have the wingers casually jogging...NOT rushing in.....so the action of not rushing in has been going on way before Hocking devised his 6-6-6 rule.

That's my solid evidence. You go right ahead and perpetuate the myth. Not expecting any evidence from the believers any time soon...there's been NONE, it's all trust my words...rah rah rah.....

So you admit that ONE time, they rushed in, and for rest of game, they don't rush in...so that's no different to JLT1 and yet you choose to believe Johnno's words that it looks so different to JLT1 games...based on:

well I don't believe it looks so different to JLT1 games..but you certainly can, it's a free world.

lets all just agree to disagree and move on.

As another poster said, you are way too defensive. I was agreeing with you and showing you when the only ONE example happened. You seem to think we are discussing whether JFK was assassinated by the FBI.

My goodness mate, how are you still going on about this? If you don't want to believe the wingmen conspiracy good for you. You've got nothing to prove, though. Nobody is trying to convince you personally to believe it. Just let it go.

My goodness mate, how are you still going on about this? If you don't want to believe the wingmen conspiracy good for you. You've got nothing to prove, though. Nobody is trying to convince you personally to believe it. Just let it go.
well look at post #1390, I let go there...and I have no probs arguing with Michaels , I don't use profanities, no name calling....just can't stand other ppl not minding their business but piggybacking on Michaels to take free potshots at me.

So after post #1390. I was happy to leave it at that....

After that, more ppl posted, why don't you advise ppl posting after me to let go ?

Have a look at post #1382, I was minding my own business, this subject was brought up again by post #1382...NOT me.

So you can't take potshots at me, then expect me to shut up...and if I reply then suddenly you get on your high horse and tell ME to let go....?

Have a good look at post #1382, who revived this topic ? Then other sycophants chimed in for a quick drive-by. Pffft.

I already know what to believe, and I told ppl they can believe what they want...so why remind me of this topic then advise me to let it go ?

Close this damn thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well look at post #1390, I let go there...and I have no probs arguing with Michaels , I don't use profanities, no name calling....just can't stand other ppl not minding their business but piggybacking on Michaels to take free potshots at me.

So after post #1390. I was happy to leave it at that....

After that, more ppl posted, why don't you advise ppl posting after me to let go ?

Have a look at post #1382, I was minding my own business, this subject was brought up again by post #1382...NOT me.

So you can't take potshots at me, then expect me to shut up...and if I reply then suddenly you get on your high horse and tell ME to let go....?

Have a good look at post #1382, who revived this topic ? Then other sycophants chimed in for a quick drive-by. Pffft.

I already know what to believe, and I told ppl they can believe what they want...so why remind me of this topic then advise me to let it go ?

Close this damn thread.
I think if you go back to 7.32 second mark of the third qtr game vs the Brisbane Bears at the MCG 1993 when Craig Lambert jogged in from the interchange bench to the centre square with hands on his hips and Des Ryan was on the other wing when he was supposed to be on the half back flank when Michael Mitchell should’ve been playing on the wing Des was on you would’ve noticed Michael Mitchell would’ve sprinted in so he could win the ball and take 7 running bounces to kick goal of the year again even though it was torrential rain.

heard word from inside sources that the coaches were indeed instructed to stop their players from rushing the centre bounces this week and last week. doubt they'll be able to stop it happening in the real season tho

Played my whole footy career on the wing and I loved nothing more than my opponent rushing into the square like a peanut. 5 v 4 at the circle and 1 v 0 on the outside. Thanks for the free uncontested possession. :thumbsu:

So whether it's a conspiracy or not lol It's a dumb strategy so let em go.

Played my whole footy career on the wing and I loved nothing more than my opponent rushing into the square like a peanut. 5 v 4 at the circle and 1 v 0 on the outside. Thanks for the free uncontested possession. :thumbsu:

I use to love come flying in full bore off the wing and smash the oppo who had collected the ball...

heard word from inside sources that the coaches were indeed instructed to stop their players from rushing the centre bounces this week and last week. doubt they'll be able to stop it happening in the real season tho

Legit?

soft ass cracker they left you alone cause you were trash fool

No.
FBI hired Lee Harvey Oswald.

Here is a diagram that proves it (and coincidentally shows the wingers standing still when the cameras were on them, but then sprinting in as soon as they were not on camera).
View attachment 631731

That’s a very superficial analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back