Game Day JLT series Game 2 vs Hawthorn - 7:10pm, UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Hope so. Dwayno, Browny and Loinchop were pretty determined to see him miss a week.

Just to be clear, I like Jack, always have, so I don't really want to see him miss a match. But I'm just sick of the media & AFL double standards when it comes to Hawthorn. The last two players to be suspended for tripping/kicking were both Hawthorn players. Everyone else seems to get a warning or a fine.

2014 - Jarryd Roughead - 1 match
2015-2017 - nuthing to see here folks, move along...
2018 - Daniel Howe - 3 matches

edit: James Sicily also suspended last year for stepping on a Shaun Atley's leg after some 'trial by media'. That was a first.
We feel your pain of prosecution.Only last week a free kick was given to Melbourne even though our bloke infringed with his teammate not a dee.

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah, the AFL media and Fox Footy have already done a pretty good job of getting Liam Shiels suspended for Round 1. Just an interesting double standard at play with Jack Riewoldt vs Kaiden Brand. e.g. I wonder what the reaction would've been if James Sicily did the exact same thing to Alex Rance and Rancey went off with an ankle injury
We all get stitched up by the MRO as they are incredibly inconsistent but I dare say as a Hawks fan, you shouldn't feel like a victim should Shiels get suspended. Let's not forget that they saved Tom Mitchell after he clearly elbowed Goldstein behind play just because he was Brownlow favourite. You win some, you lose some but that was one for the ages.

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
We all get stitched up by the MRO as they are incredibly inconsistent but I dare say as a Hawks fan, you shouldn't feel like a victim should Shiels get suspended. Let's not forget that they saved Tom Mitchell after he clearly elbowed Goldstein behind play just because he was Brownlow favourite. You win some, you lose some but that was one for the ages.

hawks got sucked off by the umps for literally 4 years straight, they got no right to whinge about mrp or umps after that

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
Hoping our kids maintain their composure like they showed in the 2 JLT games, really impressed with how they handled themselves in their first games.

no one looked scared or like noobs even if they didn't play particularly well the whole time

was good to see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
Certainly, AFL highlighting Shiels' striking Graham.
It should be a fine. Graham only appeared to be winded.
In comparison, May struck and concussed the opponent who did not return to play.
The impact was far more severe.
May should be suspended for two weeks.

tigernsw

Premiership Player
Jun 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Did anyone see the tweet that Ricky Nixon deleted last night?

For those who don't know, ever since Tom Lynch chose Richmond, he has been on a hysterical tirade against all things Richmond as the decision proved he had no idea about player movement.

Last night he was in fine form but it was one particular tweet which was apparently appalling and he was quick to delete it - I'd love to know if anyone took a screenshot.

Here are some of his other melts...

https://twitter.com/rickynixontoot/status/1104312196568211457?s=19

Good old Ricky Nixon hey... Does anyone actually pay attention anymore?

Guy's a walking talking advertisement against drug abuse. Toot toot!

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
I never read negative comments, Nixon, etc.
It is a waste of time.
Watching the second half on AFL Live Pass.
As Bruce McAvaney would say, "Special."
I received a Kayo cap but I don't have a subscription. :huh:

Back