Game Day JLT series Game 2 vs Hawthorn - 7:10pm, UTAS

RFCGloryJC

Caesar's Ghost
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Victorian Amateur Premiers
KMc returns to form.
Weller was good too. Two goals in less than one half of game time.
Can't really see Markov making the senior team ATM.
Dimma mentioned Menadue, probably shaded Markov.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tora tora tora

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
KMc returns to form.
Weller was good too. Two goals in less than one half of game time.
Can't really see Markov making the senior team ATM.
Dimma mentioned Menadue, probably shaded Markov.
the 26 per side is great for those players knocking on the door. I don't expect Markov to be in the 22. But is def. first in line. Weller, Ross are good chances too. And Balta, Baker too

Barnard

Senior List
AFL Club
Richmond
Was at this game live, a lot of chatter early in the game from a few supporters that the new rules will see us slide to the lower half of the 8, I don't buy into it all, rance is a beast one on one, competitive animal that will thrive on the challenge, complete myth made up by the media that he struggles one on one because he had a couple of bad games last year due to him trying to play on 3 men at times. We also know how good grimes and broad are defensively. Yes Nank might get beaten by a few of the dominant ruckman in the comp but I back in our mids/coaches to work around that. Here is how I think we will line up round 1, assuming lynch plays and vlastuin is fine. B: vlastuin, astbury, grimes HB: Houli, Rance, Broad C: short, Cotchin, Edwards, HF: lambert, Riewoldt, Higgins, F: rioli, Lynch, Balta Foll: Nank, Martin, Prestia Int: butler, Weller, macintosh, Graham,

RunningBounce

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Hard to take much from these games, but I liked the way they responded. The win doesn't mean much, but the fact they dug in and lifted was fun.

Graham, KMac, even Menadue all looking good. Higgins looks like his improved again. Ditto Rioli.

Jeez, was it raining or dewy or did a tanker carrying olive oil crash on the surface? Disposal was shocking all game.

Tiger_Of_Old

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Richmond
Can i ask why people are posting this farqwits tweets on here ??

All it does is make people post about it and gives the oxygen thief exposure

Ban his tweets here and dont know why the hell anybody would follow them
I think Nixon is Groupie.

parmy2balmey

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
i just worry about how hard we work for goals, always missing easy targets i50, kicking to the pockets, dud kicks to blokes on the lead, poor leading patterns in general (other than JR), shithouse conversion

defensively across the ground we’re very good, got some match winners, experienced group, but can see us running out of gas again if we can’t put teams away earlier and find some easier ways to score

plus we need more blokes who can take a contested mark and win a contested ball in the middle

basically same probs as most of 2017 and all of last year

would hate to be a paul roos swans and only win one flag with this list because we are too defensive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Sydney City Roosters
anyone else concerned about the standard.
The game was hardly watchable it was that poor.
I reckon the ground conditions had a lot to do with that.

The week before although we were slow to start we looked cleaner against Melbourne, our kicking for goal is bloody shithouse though.

mopsy

Premiership Player
Other Teams
RICHMOND
But when you say it we all think 'negative much?'
  • Practice Match
  • New Rules
  • Some new players
none of those things should impact on doing the basics well.
It was our last practice game with players vieing for spots
the rules dont impact on skills and decision making
New players or not they are all expected to be able to do the basics well.

I went within a whisker of not watching the second half the standard was that low.Do the basics as poorly in the season proper and we wont win too many games.

Phar Ace

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brisbane Bullets, Firebirds
did menadue even play??
Only after half time. I want to be critical because I'm not sure he'll make it, but it is hard to pick up the tempo mid-game, it's easy to look out of sorts or behind the flow of the game. Not Round 1 material yet.

My bigger concern was Dan Butler. He tackles sure. But they have all had that made a focus for a couple of years now. My concern is with his judgement. Also, I suspect he is getting by on getting the easy goals, the odd Joe the Goose here and there, and other more straight-forward receives and go. He worked hard and had a breakout in 2017, and 2018 end the year injured. Hope he is simply just picking up the tempo again, but he should start in the VFL based on what I've seen.

Phar Ace

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brisbane Bullets, Firebirds
none of those things should impact on doing the basics well.
It was our last practice game with players vieing for spots
the rules dont impact on skills and decision making
New players or not they are all expected to be able to do the basics well.

I went within a whisker of not watching the second half the standard was that low.Do the basics as poorly in the season proper and we wont win too many games.
Of course none of those things should impact on doing the basics well, but they do. Player's should not kick the ball out of bounds on the full, but they do. Jack should not miss goals with stupid around the corner kicks, but he did. His answer, I'll practice that a fair bit during the week, with a few mates as well. Key work - practice. Other key work - Match

The rules do impact on skills and especially decision making, the new rules can distract at times, shouldn't, but they do. If you watched enough footy over the two weeks, you'd have seen it with other teams as well. It'll pass.

I'll defer to the kick out of bounds on the full example again in your comment about doing basics well. Habits take a little time to learn, to implement, to execute with one thought.

What I liked was that even though it was a practice match, clearly the boys like and want to win. Our Leader said follow me. The two best takeaways for mine. Chill Flopsy Mopsy, 2nd week of March still. Are we ready to beat Carlton? I think so after that game. Collingwood the week after? Not as sure about that one. It's not a single event, the season is a narrative mate

Bojangles17

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
i guess that had nothing to do with the hawk defender holding him unfairly....

open both your eyes if you want to sook about clarity & consistency
Oh yea , ffs how was that clear hold with arm around the chest missed and rance perfect spoil was a ****en free ,

AFL Club
Richmond
i just worry about how hard we work for goals, always missing easy targets i50, kicking to the pockets, dud kicks to blokes on the lead, poor leading patterns in general (other than JR), shithouse conversion

defensively across the ground we’re very good, got some match winners, experienced group, but can see us running out of gas again if we can’t put teams away earlier and find some easier ways to score

plus we need more blokes who can take a contested mark and win a contested ball in the middle

basically same probs as most of 2017 and all of last year

would hate to be a paul roos swans and only win one flag with this list because we are too defensive

I reckon we're our own worse enemy going forward. We deadset shoot ourselves in the foot to the tune of 2-4 certain goals a game, no exaggeration. Its that extra handball or kick we seem to always go for when we dont need to, that kills momentum.

Major factor of why we didnt blow away more sides last year imo, we'd lairise, miss a couple of easy ones that wouldve put the game beyond doubt and instead allow the other side to just hang in there. Then theyd come home with some late junk time goals which flattered the scoreboard. From memory the hawthorn games(both) the geelong games(both) the bombers games(both) are the games that really stood out for mine where we looked legitimately like a 10-12 goal better side but only won by 2-5 goals each time

Bojangles17

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Rance did everything to avoid pushing roughy and got all the way around his body and spoiled it and umps still call the free. you could see it in rance's grin that he believes that theres an ump conspiracy against us
Was a farcical decision , love to be a fly on the wall in the umps post game review when the boss rewinds and says look at this **** up

Top Bottom