Game Day JLT series Game 2 vs Hawthorn - 7:10pm, UTAS

Grrr

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Well if RCD and Ross aren't ready for Round 1 and the backline is full how about Markov to the wing until Grigg is back at least. Balta did some goal assist stuff that was good. His work as back up ruck was good enough for me to play him Round 1. He looks at home at the level. I'd play him until Lynch plays at least. Weller for Caddy, mature player. Butler for JC. The team has played good football in patches. Our skills in the first half vs Hawks were shocking. The second half revival with Menadue, Baker, Weller brought into the game, Graham playing quite well, and Soldo given ruck duties at the end was a test I thought the team passed. It is a challenging start to the year. 2 road trips and a game vs the pies. I look fwd to it
Be happy with Markov on a wing. Think he is pretty lively and needs to find his feet. Ross is a chance, but a bit of a gamble rd.1. Weller looks okay, made some blues early, but not on his own there. Balta has to play backup, but Lynch is 50/50. Balta needs to run, like a Richo, no good standing there wrestling. Although he still did some good things, he looks best to me when running at goals. Menadue will get better this year, so will get his chance, but not yet without some real form. Still think early on we may struggle until we find the right pieces.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tora tora tora

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Be happy with Markov on a wing. Think he is pretty lively and needs to find his feet. Ross is a chance, but a bit of a gamble rd.1. Weller looks okay, made some blues early, but not on his own there. Balta has to play backup, but Lynch is 50/50. Balta needs to run, like a Richo, no good standing there wrestling. Although he still did some good things, he looks best to me when running at goals. Menadue will get better this year, so will get his chance, but not yet without some real form. Still think early on we may struggle until we find the right pieces.
Carlton game is the real chance for games into Balta, Markov & Ross. Its earlier than you'd like but the way we ended our 2018 season was with unfit first 22 players and selectors not having faith in our depth. Caddy and Castagna's absences can be covered by the experienced Butler and the inexperienced Balta. And what Balta lacks in forward nous, he makes up for in the ruck. Weller is a new face too, but looks like he's fit and firing. Lynch:I have no expectations on. My gut feel is later rather than sooner.

muzhogg

All Australian
AFL Club
Richmond
:rolleyes: Jeez, guys. Maybe try reading the thread next time before you do your stand-up comedy routines. We had been discussing the incident when Kaiden Brand got injured after Jack Riewoldt raised his boot and tripped him him mid-air.

Interesting that nothing further was said about it and no action was taken. Jack must've used Lids' or Trent's "Get Out Of Jail Free" card.
Given you're the one who threw Rance into the discussion you don't really have grounds for bitching about others being off topic.

There's a reason nothing further was said and no action taken -- there was no basis for it. You'd see that if you took of your brown and gold colored glasses.

Also: lighten up. This is the Richmond board and if I want to have a little bit of fun -- even if it means making an obviously daft remark -- then get over it. Seriously, coming onto another team's board and criticizing the natives? Yeah, that'll work...

tora tora tora

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Really disappointed by both Markov and Menadues lack of urgency in the game- seize the moment and grab your opportunity!!!! Neither have done enough for R1
Menadue looked like a chook without a head a bit. But tough stepping into a game at 1/2 time. I wouldn't object to Markov playing Grigg's wing against Carlton.

Back One Out

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GAGF
Given you're the one who threw Rance into the discussion you don't really have grounds for bitching about others being off topic.

There's a reason nothing further was said and no action taken -- there was no basis for it. You'd see that if you took of your brown and gold colored glasses.

Also: lighten up. This is the Richmond board and if I want to have a little bit of fun -- even if it means making an obviously daft remark -- then get over it. Seriously, coming onto another team's board and criticizing the natives? Yeah, that'll work...
OK, fair enough

I'm not sure any of this is worth having a cow over

Go Tigers and good luck in 2019 :thumbsu:

Lsta062

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea
We have looked fairly sluggish in both practice matches, blues have improved so we need to be ready come opening bounce. I can see round 1 being closer than a lot think
Agreed. If anyone is expecting a smashing with how the JLT went + how Round 1 games against Carlton goes, then they may need to change their expectations very quickly. A smashing would be a pleasant surprise and not something I’d expect IMO.

#rentfree in Cats and Magpie supporters heads.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa, Traralgon Tyers United
:rolleyes: Jeez, guys. Maybe try reading the thread next time before you do your stand-up comedy routines. We had been discussing the incident when Kaiden Brand got injured after Jack Riewoldt raised his boot and tripped him him mid-air.

Interesting that nothing further was said about it and no action was taken. Jack must've used Lids' or Trent's "Get Out Of Jail Free" card.
I think our blokes are on par with these guys for dirtiness.

Noticed how i could pick any era to show what a dirty, scumbag club you guys have always been?

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Back One Out

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GAGF
I think our blokes are on par with these guys for dirtiness.

Noticed how i could pick any era to show what a dirty, scumbag club you guys have always been?

Hahaha. This sort of trolling is wasted on me.

I loved every second of Hawthorn belting the living shit out of their opponents and hoisting premiership cups

LOVED IT :D:thumbsu:

The great thing about so many of the Hawk champs is that they were dirty mongrels as well as being brilliant footballers. Perfect. Best of both worlds. Unlike opposition teams who had to pick forgettable no-talent hacks to do their dirty work and play the enforcer role. That just weakens the team, in my opinion.

Good luck this year. Hopefully, your boys can go one better than they did in 2018

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charlie Pannam

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond

I loved every second of Hawthorn belting the living shit out of their opponents and hoisting premiership cups

The great thing about so many of the Hawk champs is that they were dirty mongrels as well as being brilliant footballers. Perfect. Best of both worlds. Unlike opposition teams who had to pick forgettable no-talent hacks to do their dirty work and play the enforcer role. That just weakens the team, in my opinion.

Good luck this year. Hopefully, your boys can go one better than they did in 2018
The Big Dipper used to iron out somebody every 2nd week he used to cop it too though. I reckon his 89 GF effort was as gutsy as it gets, Dermie is always talked about but Dippers effort to play on with a collapsed lung was unbelievable

AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams

So what you say doesn’t make sense then. You are having a go at our blokes then say you love it when your blokes whack the opposition? You know you can’t be half pregnant right? Or can you guys dish it but not take it?

Charlie Pannam

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Menadue looked like a chook without a head a bit. But tough stepping into a game at 1/2 time. I wouldn't object to Markov playing Grigg's wing against Carlton.
I’d love to see Markov or Menadue make it because they are line breakers- 80 metre players.
They just don’t get the pill enough though they need to work harder, more gut running, as outside mids.

AFL Club
Richmond
I’d love to see Markov or Menadue make it because they are line breakers- 80 metre players.
They just don’t get the pill enough though they need to work harder, more gut running, as outside mids.
One of Menadue's was an 80m play on Sat. Unfortunately he blindly pumped it forward and there was no one within 50m, and the defenders mopped it up.

JAKLAUGHING

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Richmond
And a good dose of feeling confident and belonging in the side...
Get a few games up, keep trying, star in the VFL and then it all clicks...if not then too bad...
giphy.gif

Back One Out

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GAGF
So what you say doesn’t make sense then. You are having a go at our blokes then say you love it when your blokes whack the opposition? You know you can’t be half pregnant right? Or can you guys dish it but not take it?
Eh? I was never having a go at your blokes. I was questioning the impartiality of the AFL media and the way they always seem to go after our blokes with their trial by media, while maintaining the cone of silence when it comes to trangressions from their pet players and favourite clubs.

I didn't say there was malice in anything Riewoldt did. Just questioning why it wasn't looked at or even mentioned afterwards by anyone. I've seen a few of our blokes suspended for clipping opponents with their foot, but I don't see anyone else getting suspended for similar acts. But in all honesty, I've given up trying to understand the MRP/MRO chooklotto.

I can accept the explanation given earlier that Jack was being held, so instead of going for a mark, maybe he tried to improvise, stuck out his foot and hoped to connect with the ball, but clipped Brand by accident. That seems reasonable.

It just looked f**kin weird when I watched the game live. Our guy went down like a bag of shit and I thought "Hang on! Can Jack do that?"

AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Eh? I was never having a go at your blokes. I was questioning the impartiality of the AFL media and the way they always seem to go after our blokes with their trial by media, while maintaining the cone of silence when it comes to trangressions from their pet players and favourite clubs.

I didn't say there was malice in anything Riewoldt did. Just questioning why it wasn't looked at or even mentioned afterwards by anyone. I've seen a few of our blokes suspended for clipping opponents with their foot, but I don't see anyone else getting suspended for similar acts. But in all honesty, I've given up trying to understand the MRP/MRO chooklotto.

I can accept the explanation given earlier that Jack was being held, so instead of going for a mark, maybe he tried to improvise, stuck out his foot and hoped to connect with the ball, but clipped Brand by accident. That seems reasonable.

It just looked f**kin weird when I watched the game live. Our guy went down like a bag of shit and I thought "Hang on! Can Jack do that?"
Tiges are anything but. Our free kick differentials over the last two seasons is a sick joke for starters and we always get done at the tribunal.

The MRP is a joke. I don’t even know what constitutes holding the ball anymore. The umpires now think they are part of the game.

How’s this new 50m rule looking? The AFL has created another issue over the pre season which didn’t exist previously. The game is in a mess. I’m rambling a bit, but i am trying to focus on a show while responding .

RFCGloryJC

Caesar's Ghost
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Victorian Amateur Premiers
Markov and Menadue have been given a good run.
They are fringe players who can play in VFL.
KMc grasped his opportunity.
Rance Astbury Grimes Houli Vlaustin Short should be the defence group.
Balta is only 19 and requires another year of development.
Could play a few senior matches.
Nankervis does require support and Soldo should fulfil the role.
If Nank is injured during the course of the year we are forked.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Richmond

Commentators spoke about how your bloke rolled his ankle on landing. Not sure Jack made any contact at all, although watching live it probably looked far worse than the reality.

Grrr

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
I think Markov in particular is an interesting player with a big upside. He would be top 5% in agility,spring and pace in the league. Also has a very good kick. Was always going to be a slow developer, but if they can get some continuity he could really develop. Was injured a lot last season.
I think it would be interesting to see him play that lead up half forward. Reminds me a bit of Hoskin Elliot or Stevenson from the pies.

Last edited:

tora tora tora

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Hardly any of our depth got games last year. Fair enough we were reigning premiers. Given that they are playing him in defence, I think Markov might have more of a chance than Mena. Someone has to play in Grigg & Conca's spots Round 1. Short's position is not cemented. And Houli is 30. And we don't really have anyone else to play across half back. Although Kmac has played there. In the JLT praccy games Astbury looked like he'd lost judgement. Mistiming everything. I'm sure he'll improve. But it highlights to me the need to get a chunk of games into Garth ASAP

Top Bottom