Game Day JLT series Game 2 vs Hawthorn - 7:10pm, UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

So what you say doesn’t make sense then. You are having a go at our blokes then say you love it when your blokes whack the opposition? You know you can’t be half pregnant right? Or can you guys dish it but not take it?
Eh? I was never having a go at your blokes. I was questioning the impartiality of the AFL media and the way they always seem to go after our blokes with their trial by media, while maintaining the cone of silence when it comes to trangressions from their pet players and favourite clubs.

I didn't say there was malice in anything Riewoldt did. Just questioning why it wasn't looked at or even mentioned afterwards by anyone. I've seen a few of our blokes suspended for clipping opponents with their foot, but I don't see anyone else getting suspended for similar acts. But in all honesty, I've given up trying to understand the MRP/MRO chooklotto.

I can accept the explanation given earlier that Jack was being held, so instead of going for a mark, maybe he tried to improvise, stuck out his foot and hoped to connect with the ball, but clipped Brand by accident. That seems reasonable.

It just looked f**kin weird when I watched the game live. Our guy went down like a bag of s**t and I thought "Hang on! Can Jack do that?"

Eh? I was never having a go at your blokes. I was questioning the impartiality of the AFL media and the way they always seem to go after our blokes with their trial by media, while maintaining the cone of silence when it comes to trangressions from their pet players and favourite clubs.

I didn't say there was malice in anything Riewoldt did. Just questioning why it wasn't looked at or even mentioned afterwards by anyone. I've seen a few of our blokes suspended for clipping opponents with their foot, but I don't see anyone else getting suspended for similar acts. But in all honesty, I've given up trying to understand the MRP/MRO chooklotto.

I can accept the explanation given earlier that Jack was being held, so instead of going for a mark, maybe he tried to improvise, stuck out his foot and hoped to connect with the ball, but clipped Brand by accident. That seems reasonable.

It just looked f**kin weird when I watched the game live. Our guy went down like a bag of s**t and I thought "Hang on! Can Jack do that?"

Tiges are anything but. Our free kick differentials over the last two seasons is a sick joke for starters and we always get done at the tribunal.

The MRP is a joke. I don’t even know what constitutes holding the ball anymore. The umpires now think they are part of the game.

How’s this new 50m rule looking? The AFL has created another issue over the pre season which didn’t exist previously. The game is in a mess. I’m rambling a bit, but i am trying to focus on a show while responding .

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Markov and Menadue have been given a good run.
They are fringe players who can play in VFL.
KMc grasped his opportunity.
Rance Astbury Grimes Houli Vlaustin Short should be the defence group.
Balta is only 19 and requires another year of development.
Could play a few senior matches.
Nankervis does require support and Soldo should fulfil the role.
If Nank is injured during the course of the year we are forked.

Last edited:

Commentators spoke about how your bloke rolled his ankle on landing. Not sure Jack made any contact at all, although watching live it probably looked far worse than the reality.

I think Markov in particular is an interesting player with a big upside. He would be top 5% in agility,spring and pace in the league. Also has a very good kick. Was always going to be a slow developer, but if they can get some continuity he could really develop. Was injured a lot last season.
I think it would be interesting to see him play that lead up half forward. Reminds me a bit of Hoskin Elliot or Stevenson from the pies.

Last edited:
Hardly any of our depth got games last year. Fair enough we were reigning premiers. Given that they are playing him in defence, I think Markov might have more of a chance than Mena. Someone has to play in Grigg & Conca's spots Round 1. Short's position is not cemented. And Houli is 30. And we don't really have anyone else to play across half back. Although Kmac has played there. In the JLT praccy games Astbury looked like he'd lost judgement. Mistiming everything. I'm sure he'll improve. But it highlights to me the need to get a chunk of games into Garth ASAP

To be fair the media try to "hang" players via the MRP every week. They do it to all players, especially the big name players from all Clubs.

None of our players would be happy with our disposal 1st half, none would think it’s ok because it’s only a practice game. All would be cursing on the inside- it’s what competitors do. It’s going to be a long season and some will go in and out of form, that’s not a bad thing cause that’s a perfect reason to give the twos some games at senior level. Will make the team stronger overall. Just as long as we learnt our lesson from last and not play half baked players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back