Review JLT Series Game 3: Sydney v St Kilda, Albury (7:10pm Sun 12-Mar)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it was good having him back. I could listen to him talk about footy all day.

I would like them to talk less

Just call the game, two callers without the wowee, over the top bs

Then an expert who chips in occasionally'

They all dribble s**t, including Roos, he just knows the swans well

Reid played a slick game. Exactly what we wanted of him. Time to turn down the hate

I think there's rightful frustration with Reid. It's hard to explain but to me it's like Lloyd, Mills, Jack, anyone can get 25-30 touches, lay a heap of tackles and play a crucial part in our forward forays or our ball movement and they will still be criticised whether it be for disposal efficiency or slowness etc. All Reid has to do is take a few marks between forward 50 and the centre square and give a few passes to Buddy and he's done "what we wanted" or "all he needs". I get the position he plays requires less physicality and less possessions than a rover or a rebounding defender, but considering he has one of the easiest roles in the team he just doesn't do enough, and he doesn't do it frequently enough either. If he's going to play that position, he needs to excel at it, or it's just a waste and we're practically playing with 21 blokes instead of 22.

I think there's rightful frustration with Reid. It's hard to explain but to me it's like Lloyd, Mills, Jack, anyone can get 25-30 touches, lay a heap of tackles and play a crucial part in our forward forays or our ball movement and they will still be criticised whether it be for disposal efficiency or slowness etc. All Reid has to do is take a few marks between forward 50 and the centre square and give a few passes to Buddy and he's done "what we wanted" or "all he needs". I get the position he plays requires less physicality and less possessions than a rover or a rebounding defender, but considering he has one of the easiest roles in the team he just doesn't do enough, and he doesn't do it frequently enough either. If he's going to play that position, he needs to excel at it, or it's just a waste and we're practically playing with 21 blokes instead of 22.

00D2152D-0FA4-4AA8-A804-230C2CBC55CE-3835-0000056CD4826069_tmp.jpg

From 7th we could slide into the GF & you never know what can happen from there.

Be careful the dogs fans have a sentry posted to look out for any sign we de value their flag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or the opposition to rely on too few

Just in case swansfan51 is busy

We joke, but in reality all three are true to a certain extent.

All flags do involve some luck (just like ours did) and bravery from the players involved.

I would like them to talk less

Just call the game, two callers without the wowee, over the top bs

Then an expert who chips in occasionally'

They all dribble s**t, including Roos, he just knows the swans well

Eh I'll let it go for preseason games. Home and Away season and I'd be annoyed.

They devalued their flag by having their highlights reel filled with rule breaking actions that led to goals.

They devalued it by having to give away tickets this year, and by charging to see the cup

Have they at least acknowledged they got the rub of the green?

They don't have to, they won! The whole thing has been a bizarre experience, mainly because I remember how I felt when we broke our drought and I can imagine their fans must feel the same. I've gone from feeling angry about the umpiring to happy for their fans to frustrated that some of ours didn't turn up. Talk about the full spectrum of emotions. No wonder the board is bi-polar when one of its mods is so confused. :p

I agree.
It looked like he had a clear role to play. Every time he took a mark he wheeled around and spotted either Buddy or Tippet. KISS.

he must of been dizzy from wheeling around so often after all the marks he took

Let's wait and see how he plays before consigning his role to that of Jonah. I like him playing CHF and I would love him to be the link man through the guts. So hard for an opposing team to cover an asset like Reid. His last few games without Buddy showed how good he could be. Reid could easily become the most important addition to our team of 2016.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back