Preview JLT SERIES - RICHMOND V ADELAIDE - FRIDAY 24TH 19:40 - TELSTRA DOME

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five years is enough, but if it wasn't for the ordinary state of our list when it comes to talls and the fact we just let go one other member (McBean) of our diminishing collective of talls, Elton would have been let go too.
Dicing with death going into a season with Riewoldt, Griffiths, Rance, Astbury, Elton and a pair of rookies in Chol and Moore as our talls. Double that when you consider Astbury and Griffiths have significant injury history.
I could be wrong but I think this is the last year of his current contract too which is probably another reason he wasn't moved on. Otherwise it may have been him rather than McBean (or both).

I could be wrong but I think this is the last year of his current contract too which is probably another reason he wasn't moved on. Otherwise it may have been him rather than McBean (or both).

Another dreaded example of the needless 'two-year contract extension' that seems to plague our side.

I actually didn't mind this interview. Was honest on most points and stated that we needed a change in the way we play. Identified that ball needs to move better from half back to the forward line and that we'd look to move the ball faster.

Also said that things felt fresh and it certainly does feel like that looking in from the outside.

I actually didn't mind this interview. Was honest on most points and stated that we needed a change in the way we play. Identified that ball needs to move better from half back to the forward line and that we'd look to move the ball faster.

Also said that things felt fresh and it certainly does feel like that looking in from the outside.

The opening question was pretty funny.
"We haven't heard from you all summer?"
Commented on here often.
Irony!

The opening question was pretty funny.
"We haven't heard from you all summer?"
Commented on here often.
Irony!
Haha, that was probably something we all had in mind. He was probably the most quiet out of the coaches this off-season and barely said anything to the media.

Hopefully he is now refreshed to go again for this season because it isn't only the players that get mentally exhausted after a year like last year, the coach does too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are right. Listening now .... the best and most candidly spoken since his first year.
Interesting he half-heartedly agreed with Williams about over-coaching to a degree.
Also solid comments on Jack and his leadership (though he still needs to be in the leadership group per se as we have so few leaders).
Talk on the game plan and freshness is encouraging.

Didn't mind Dimma's presser either, was positive on the changes needed with ball movement and things sound fine with Rance.

One big concern, no offense meant to Kane, but, when talking about Rance, Dimma also mentioned Houli and Lambert in the same sentence.

This tells me he still sees Lambert in the best 22... And I certainly do not see him in the best 25.

Hopefully we aren't in for another season of Lambert and Hunt getting games before Markov, Corey Ellis, Conca, Lennon etc.....

Didn't mind Dimma's presser either, was positive on the changes needed with ball movement and things sound fine with Rance.

One big concern, no offense meant to Kane, but, when talking about Rance, Dimma also mentioned Houli and Lambert in the same sentence.

This tells me he still sees Lambert in the best 22... And I certainly do not see him in the best 25.

Hopefully we aren't in for another season of Lambert and Hunt getting games before Markov, Corey Ellis, Conca, Lennon etc.....
Depends I'd like to see lambert in the pre season to gauge how he goes as he was playing well till he got injured last year

I see where you're coming from, but I think you're reading too much into it.

I think they were 'only' lumped together because they're player who are injured (supposedly slightly, although I don't trust any club on such things) not because they're 'best 22 players who are injured'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back