Autopsy JLT tune up 2.0 :: Vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I know our side has been posted. Prefer this format no offence.:thumbsu:

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 26
North Melbourne v Hawthorn, Arden St Oval, 2.05pm AEDT
NORTH MELBOURNE

2. Marley Williams, 4. Shaun Higgins, 6. Lachlan Hansen, 7. Jack Ziebell, 8. Nathan Hrovat, 9. Andrew Swallow, 10. Ben Cunnington, 11. Luke McDonald, 12. Lindsay Thomas, 13. Ryan Clarke, 14. Trent Dumont, 16. Scott Thompson, 18. Shaun Atley, 21. Jy Simpkin, 22. Todd Goldstein, 23. Ben McKay, 24. Sam Durdin, 25. Robbie Tarrant, 28. Kayne Turner, 31. Braydon Preuss, 32. Mason Wood, 33. Ed Vickers-Willis, 34. Jamie Macmillan, 38. Majak Daw, 39. Mitchell Hibberd, 40. Nick Larkey, 41. Corey Wagner, 42. Declan Mountford, 44. Cameron Zurhaar

Notable absentees: Jed Anderson, Ben Brown, Sam Gibson, Jarrad Waite

Punchable heads from that lot:

2: Marley Williams
7: Jack Ziebell
12: Lindsay Thomas
16: Scott Thompson

Will be interesting to see if Norf go the biff again ...

SO they have put up fences around the Arden street to stop people just wandering in. I am just passing this information on

A fence was erected at the South Melbourne ground at Albert Park for crowd control. However, one grand final, I think, the fence was flattened and it became free admission. Rough times those night games.

My predictions:

McEvoy => Fitzpatrick
Burgoyne => Hodge
Smith => Henderson
Puopolo => Breust
Birchall => Whitecross

One of Lovell, Shiles or Langford wont play => Mitchell
One of Burton, Sicily, Schoenmakers wont play => Gunston
One of Hardwick, Heatherley wont play => Obrian ( If O'brien is picked for Fwd(Hardwick) or Def(Heatherley) )

My prediction.......

I reckon Lovell, Schoenmakers and Hardwick are out of the 29 at game time.

Mitchell arrived at Hawthorn with a small hip complaint, nothing too serious, more annoying than anything, according to my workmate who is friends with Silk
Everything this pre-season is about making sure he is 100% ready for round 1, and he's well on track
There are no problems whatsoever with him
Both Tom and JOM are incredibly impressed with our fitness and medical staff!

Thanks mate.

I asked the guy I'm close with from the club and he said that JOM is absolutely flying and is a beast in the flesh. Also made mention that TOM is the best clearance player he has seen at the club since he has been there, almost unbeatable at the stoppages. That was enough to have me semi climax

Punchable heads from that lot:

2: Marley Williams
7: Jack Ziebell
12: Lindsay Thomas
16: Scott Thompson

Will be interesting to see if Norf go the biff again ...

Surely Goldsteins battered mutt face is worth a mention just for the goofiness?

He would at Collingwood. They'd just love to have Cox palming to Swallow
You know Derwayne would say Cox caressed it down Swallows throat there Bruce

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Kaiden Brand doesn't play in game three then you'd have to think he's almost no chance for Round 1. Is he currently injured? Our back-line is still too undersized. If Brand can come in and play at center half back then our starting team is just about near full strength heading into round 1 minus Ceglar.

If Kaiden Brand doesn't play in game three then you'd have to think he's almost no chance for Round 1. Is he currently injured? Our back-line is still too undersized. If Brand can come in and play at center half back then our starting team is just about near full strength heading into round 1 minus Ceglar.
Broken bone in his hand

For round 1 I can see us going in with Frawley, Gibson and Stratton as the tall defenders with Doc, Birchall and Burton/Sicily as the small/rebounding defenders. While undersized it may work well against the Dopers.

Bombers have Daniher as their key target with not much else in terms of quality talls unless they play Hurley forward. Fantasia and Green are probably their most dangerous options after that and ideal matchups for Stratton and Doc.

For round 1 I can see us going in with Frawley, Gibson and Stratton as the tall defenders with Doc, Birchall and Burton/Sicily as the small/rebounding defenders. While undersized it may work well against the Dopers.

Bombers have Daniher as their key target with not much else in terms of quality talls unless they play Hurley forward. Fantasia and Green are probably their most dangerous options after that and ideal matchups for Stratton and Doc.

Daniher, Hooker and a resting ruckman. Frawley, Gibson and Stratton are too small and will be monstered. I imagine Stratton will play on Green or Fantasia anyway.

Daniher, Hooker and a resting ruckman. Frawley, Gibson and Stratton are too small and will be monstered. I imagine Stratton will play on Green or Fantasia anyway.
Stratton won't play on a small if Bombers structure up the way you suggest. Doc will get Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Back