JLT vs AFLW - Which are you more likely to watch?

Which are you more likely to watch

• AFL-Womens

Votes: 69 22.4%
  • JLT/Ansett/NAB/Fosters cup

Votes: 239 77.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just curious.

My first viewing of the aflw comp was in week 2 after getting back from a holiday and I really enjoyed it.
Watched the 2 games that week (Adelaide-Bulldogs and Carlton-GWS) and then this past weekend with the JLT clashing I watched GWS-Fremantle and Adelaide-Carlton whereas i didnt watch any JLT game at all and i dont even know if ill go out of the way to watch the Crows on Friday night.

What about other people?

JLT, mainly for supercoach reasons. Have enjoyed watching the ladies game, it's a real step in the right direction for Australia. You can really see some change already in women's sport being broadcast.

Watching more AFLW than JLT. I'm watching most W games each week, will only watch Hawthorns JLT games.

I'll read the overviews for the JLT at the end of it for RDT.

Usually I'd say AFLW as they're playing for points but Collingwood looks like a basket case in that league. At least the JLT can give me some hope (even if its false)

JLT without hesitation.

I just don't have much interest watching the women's game. Having no Essendon in the league really does give me just about no reason to watch it and that is the reality of it. Watched the first couple of weeks to see how it is, but that's all I can take.

Only the supporter of the teams can put up with a final score of 17 to 14 in a top of the table clash.

Before people jump on me saying "you misogynistic campaigner", I watch footy for the entertainment factor and investment in my team. If I get neither, then it's not interesting for me.

I'm still watching the Freo's AFLW team. But I agree most of us watched it early because it was the only footy on and now that the JLT is on I imagine the numbers from neutral fans have dropped.

Hard on the girls with the heat but I wonder if the AFL will schedule the women's comp 3-4 weeks earlier next year to avoid competing with the JLT (Maybe make it a nighttime only comp). If it meant they can keep people interested for longer it might be best for the longevity and success of the comp. Every year they will be able to suck in plenty of diehards who have been starved of footy. Plus people will be curious to see if the teams have improved.

AFLW since I can actually watch it on FTA or online.

Can't do either with the JLT, the AFL have made it pretty difficult to watch. I'm making an effort to go somewhere to watch the Freo games, but don't care enough about the others to bother.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jlt. Been watching the AFLW however I get bored by 3rd qtr when I realise how low scoring the game is (nothing against AFLW, hope it does well)

Jlt. Been watching the AFLW however I get bored by 3rd qtr when I realise how low scoring the game is (nothing against AFLW, hope it does well)

Im living in the US and havent seen any womans matchs; but a popular complaint of them seems to be that they are low scoring and low skilled.

Do you think bringing the boundary line in to make a smaller playing field for the woman's would help with the spectacle?

Im living in the US and havent seen any womans matchs; but a popular complaint of them seems to be that they are low scoring and low skilled.

Do you think bringing the boundary line in to make a smaller playing field for the woman's would help with the spectacle?
Could work, think it's worth a try IMO

I think expectations should be that we need to give the women time to improve their skills

Why would anyone watch either unless they want to see some 1st 2nd and 3rd yr guys go around trying to secure a slot ?
The proven quality are under instructions to just have a run around, the results are meaningless and nobody cares, so why would i watch it ? Local footy is far more competitive because they at least care about the result, and in the case of womens footy...obviously a far better standard.

The alternative being offered is to waste your life watching 4th rate rubbish because you get guilt tripped into it by twats who think you simply must like something coz its done by women instead of blokes.

Then i flick the tv on last night and i get fed a 3rd rate game of hit and giggle cricket..a game noone gives 2 shits about between a 3rd string Aust team and a 2nd rate overseas mob. All it does is remind me how lucky i am to be able to wander down on a beautiful day to watch Mosman v Sutherland 4th grade at Rawson Pk.

Why do i get the feeling i;m now being told i should also pay to watch rubbish ?
My time is more valuable than that.

When the footy comes on i'll watch it.

Thanx
Cheers.

Interesting question, and I am surprised by my answer. I tend not to watch games that don't involve my team, unless there's nothing else on or it might be a significant match.

But the other day I fund myself watching the Carlton Adelaide game in the AFLW ahead of watching the JLT series.

I don't know if that's because it's for points not preseason, or it's new, or what, but I enjoyed going out to the game at Blacktown on the weekend and have enjoyed watching games not involving my team on the tele.

Why do i get the feeling i;m now being told i should also pay to watch rubbish ?
My time is more valuable than that.

Your time is so valuable that you spent time to rant about something that supposedly isn't worth your time.

No Saints in the women's league makes it completely irrelevant to me. Man or woman has no bearing but if there's nobody representing St Kilda i won't watch.

JLT 100%

Back