JLT Week 4 Richmond v Collingwood at Moe Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

God that first line is ballsy
In what way is picking us in round two ballsy, sensible would be more like it , we know you won the pre season flag today but the fact is you were lucky to have a 1 point win early last year and delivered a 15 point loss to us the last time we played in a match for points, so I can only think you are basing your opinion on the results of pre season games:$

In what way is picking us in round two ballsy, sensible would be more like it , we know you won the pre season flag today but the fact is you were lucky to have a 1 point win early last year and delivered a 15 point loss to us the last time we played in a match for points, so I can only think you are basing your opinion on the results of pre season games:$
We had a crippling run of injuries last year (again) and you had pretty smooth sailing and we still finished higher than you, it's very ballsy

Beaten us three times in the last 10 years and all of a sudden Richmond supporters are all chirp. :rolleyes:

Outside your best four or five players your list is one of the weakest in the league. If we can keep Reid injury free we have guns on just about every line. It'll take a little while for our side to gel and play well on a week to week basis but on paper our list is significantly better.

A win's a win when you're missing your best player (captain also) and take the foot off the accelerator in the last quarter and still get up.

Take the foot of the accelerator surely you're taking the piss, you ran out of legs and we kept going n going...
Pendles and Elliot are 2 big outs and we had Griff, McIntosh and a couple of others out but not to the extent of pendles and Elliott.
Anyways good hit out and no injuries, look fwd to Round 2 when the 4 points are up for grabs!

they2.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't realise how sad your obsession is.
I'm not expecting a whole lot this year but we will finish above you easily.
Bottom 4 beckons for you.
Yeah sure. Good luck with that.
Imagine what it would have been like if you had have picked 2 metre peter over Degoey. Contenders.
Imagine what it would have been like if you had have picked Tom Lynch over Conca. Contenders.[/QUOTE]
Sam Lloyd kick 10 more goals than your leading goalscorer last year, Riewoldt kicked 23 more and it was his worst return in 7 years....

Your forward line is s**t!
Our best three forwards played a combined 29 games last year - your best three forwards played full seasons. Every poster with half a brain would take our forward line over yours without thinking twice.

BUCKS was on FOXFOOTY program "AFL Tonight' with faux journalist Jake DEnial. It was always going to be icy, considering Jake's comments the previous day, describing CHRIS MAYNE as 'Collingwood's 2 million dollar problem'. Watching 'AFL Tonight', I saw enough evidence to suggest a heated exchange prior to the cameras rolling. So here's my advice to Jake, and all the other rats: If you're going to denigrate or slander any of Bucks' players, don't invite him onto your program. It's fraught with danger. He is fast becoming as prickly as a Lyon, or a Clarkson.

DAVID KING came up with a very peculiar matra during Fox Footy's broadcast today: 'COACHES ARE NEVER HAPPY'. He used this line when interviewing a player after the game, and later when speaking to the coach. I thought it a very strange philosophy. If David really think's there's truth in those words, and would like to know the reason why, he need only look in the mirror. It's been my experience that the people furthest from HAPPINESS in the world of AFL, are the slugs that present the game unto us. What a bunch of miserable, pessimistic sods, dealing in rumour, lies and controversy, sucking every last drop of fun out of what would otherwise be a great game.

On SEN's breakfast show this week I learned that many of the TIGERS senior players were looking for another home during the latter stages of the 2016 season, such was their pessimistic view of the TIGERS short or even long term future. TIM WATSON suggested that RIEWOLDT had spoken to the BOMBERS and specifically GODDARD. 'I couldn't share this information with our audience', says WATSON, 'because I didn't want to break confidences'. Well f**k me. My response to that would be: What good are you? It's bad enough you told us NOTHING, during the four years of misery your former club bestowed upon us, but now you can't even share info about the TIGERS! This makes you redundant. You can leave now.

JON RALPH this week hosed down reports that the BULLDOGS were throwing the ball last year, instead of handpassing. This is the first time RALPH has tried to extinguish a controversy, rather than pouring fuel on the fire. I'm genuinely worried about him. I hope his friends and family get around him, because clearly not all is well with Jon. Let's wish him a speedy recovery.

Today I went to Moe, and I realized something that most everyone else already knew - Taylor Adams is a f**king legend.

I think Collingwood's forward line is quite underrated this year by many. Even I underrated it. Darcy Moore, Chris Mayne, Alex Fasolo, Jesse White, Jamie Elliot and their resting mids should be able to kick high scores for them this year. Their defending is still a concern though.

If I were to discuss about this game as if it is an indication of the season proper, I would say the following:

I think our midfield won the midfield battle today (33-24 in clearances is a bit telling of this). I wouldn't be concerned if I was a Collingwood supporter because Collingwood still have a better midfield than us considering that they were missing Pendlebury, De Goey, Greenwood and Wells :eek:. Our midfield is actually decent this year too so I can see how they are touted to have one of the best midfields in the competition. They also matched Essendon's midfield even with many out at stages, so I think you may be underestimating their midfield if you don't have it as one of the best in the league.

In regards to our forward line/their defence battle, I think we sort of broke even in the end. This is the area of concern for them because, for our standards, we had an inexperienced presence in our forward line today with Stengle debuting for the first time at Richmond, Chol with only 1 AFL game and Soldo never having played AFL footy for points. Also, Sam Lloyd played 28% game time. Despite all this, we still kicked 107 and could have had more if we didn't miss a couple of easy ones. Not sure who they were missing in defence, but if this is their final line-up, they'd want to perform better than that.

In terms of the ruck battle, points goes to Brodie Grundy IMO. Heading to elite level if not already there.

In terms of our defence/their forward line battle, I gotta say that they won that one. It was just so easy for them to go into our defence and score. Once the ball went to our defence, they'd have some type of score quite often. 53 inside 50s for 31 scoring shots is not bad. Our defence's performance today is probably the most disappointing for me. Funnily enough, I was impressed by our defence against Port Adelaide and Adelaide the two weeks prior, but this week Collingwood blew it apart (especially early on). Gotta have a look at that. Luckily we still have the likes of McIntosh, Corey Ellis, Markov and Short to trial in our backline before the season starts, so there is room for improvement.

All in all, it was a solid hit-out from both teams in the end and ended up being our most challenging one for the JLT Series.
You should give classes to some fellow BigFooty posters on how to have a level-headed football discussion whilst composing themselves and not throwing large tantrums when things don't go their way. You're probably one of the best posters on BigFooty because everything you say is backed up with good reasoning and evidence. Points to you.

BUCKS was on FOXFOOTY program "AFL Tonight' with faux journalist Jake DEnial. It was always going to be icy, considering Jake's comments the previous day, describing CHRIS MAYNE as 'Collingwood's 2 million dollar problem'. Watching 'AFL Tonight', I saw enough evidence to suggest a heated exchange prior to the cameras rolling. So here's my advice to Jake, and all the other rats: If you're going to denigrate or slander any of Bucks' players, don't invite him onto your program. It's fraught with danger. He is fast becoming as prickly as a Lyon, or a Clarkson.

DAVID KING came up with a very peculiar matra during Fox Footy's broadcast today: 'COACHES ARE NEVER HAPPY'. He used this line when interviewing a player after the game, and later when speaking to the coach. I thought it a very strange philosophy. If David really think's there's truth in those words, and would like to know the reason why, he need only look in the mirror. It's been my experience that the people furthest from HAPPINESS in the world of AFL, are the slugs that present the game unto us. What a bunch of miserable, pessimistic sods, dealing in rumour, lies and controversy, sucking every last drop of fun out of what would otherwise be a great game.

On SEN's breakfast show this week I learned that many of the TIGERS senior players were looking for another home during the latter stages of the 2016 season, such was their pessimistic view of the TIGERS short or even long term future. TIM WATSON suggested that RIEWOLDT had spoken to the BOMBERS and specifically GODDARD. 'I couldn't share this information with our audience', says WATSON, 'because I didn't want to break confidences'. Well f**k me. My response to that would be: What good are you? It's bad enough you told us NOTHING, during the four years of misery your former club bestowed upon us, but now you can't even share info about the TIGERS! This makes you redundant. You can leave now.

JON RALPH this week hosed down reports that the BULLDOGS were throwing the ball last year, instead of handpassing. This is the first time RALPH has tried to extinguish a controversy, rather than pouring fuel on the fire. I'm genuinely worried about him. I hope his friends and family get around him, because clearly not all is well with Jon. Let's wish him a speedy recovery.

Today I went to Moe, and I realized something that most everyone else already knew - Taylor Adams is a f**king legend.
I went through this thread purely to see feedback on the game but I have to respond to this. Everything you've pointed out is correct but can I ask everyone to please not be surprised by media being conniving ( it was no mistake that Niall published a fairytale story the day before interviewing the coach). If you stopped reading every they published you would have a BETTER, yes better understanding and enjoyment of the game. We love his game for the same reason we've always loved it which is the entertainment of the contest between combatants. Supporters have become bitter and it's only because we read all the outlandish stuff that has no significance other than to get a Journo paid. They're just ambulance chasers now, not their fault mind you, but their employers just want 'outrageous' news story's which means digging for flaws in good people, which for 10-12 years of sports media wasn't adhered to with players and journos enjoying each others company and a strict 'off the record' agreement in place. Now they only want to turn the cameras on when they're following a player doing bad.

Good game yesterday. Went out to watch with a couple of mates and our kids. First thing, bloody hell it was hot!

Entertaining game overall. Not sure what to make of it. Tigers played two good qtrs and one really bad one (first qtr). Collingwood played 1 really good qtr, one good qtr, other two were average.

Collingwoods midfield looked good, forward line looked potent, though conversion again a problem.

Tigers, looked OK at times, putrid at others. Turned it over a fair bit, especially coming out of defence, but some good signs none the less.

You should give classes to some fellow BigFooty posters on how to have a level-headed football discussion whilst composing themselves and not throwing large tantrums when things don't go their way. You're probably one of the best posters on BigFooty because everything you say is backed up with good reasoning and evidence. Points to you.
Not going to say my reasoning in regards to footy are always correct, but thanks for the compliment and internet points :) I appreciate it!

Beaten us three times in the last 10 years and all of a sudden Richmond supporters are all chirp. :rolleyes:

Outside your best four or five players your list is one of the weakest in the league. If we can keep Reid injury free we have guns on just about every line. It'll take a little while for our side to gel and play well on a week to week basis but on paper our list is significantly better.
I was just reminding one of your "chirppy" supporters that there is nothing ballsy about predicting a Richmond win in rd2, hardly worth going back 10 years to check recent form and on recent form we are a reasonable chance to win.

Dude, I wouldn't be putting out that line. I'm sure franklin and Roughead would have improved your fwd line.
Bad thing to say being a Richmond supporter, but we would have ruined Franklin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back