Oppo Camp JLT Week1 - Discuss the other games here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
JLT1_full.png

(Obviously these questions are more difficult/less relevant in preseason, but ...)
Which game are you looking forward to the most?
Which player are you most looking forward to watching?
Which team needs to show the most?
Which player needs to show the most?
What will be Monday's headline?

Blues look good, Bombers look like they're treating a preseason game in 35 degrees like its a preseason game in 35 degrees.
Yeah Blues look alright at the moment ... which will only make the let down of their in-season form that more enjoyable.

Interesting approach from Essendon, for a team that started last season so poorly, I'd prefer to see them having a crack from the start.

Yeah Blues look alright at the moment ... which will only make the let down of their in-season form that more enjoyable.

Interesting approach from Essendon, for a team that started last season so poorly, I'd prefer to see them having a crack from the start.

Be interesting to see how all the clubs approach the games with only two official practice matches before round 1. I'd imagine both us and Richmond will be playing for keeps BUT both sides will likely rest their top talent after 2-3 quarters.

Be interesting to see how all the clubs approach the games with only two official practice matches before round 1. I'd imagine both us and Richmond will be playing for keeps BUT both sides will likely rest their top talent after 2-3 quarters.
Yeah, even going off the scratch match against Pies, I don't think Goody has take it easy in his vocabulary, we looked really physical.

So this is the official schmuttt and TheCount thread?

Confess I’m a bit taken aback at the new Schmuttt avatar smouldering at me, though the lips look great with your colouring.

I watch three quarters of that match then put on our semi final v Hawks for a bit. I fall for this every year. JLT is really for the fans of the competing teams to watch. See a few new players, see a couple of teasing new structures. Build a suspect narrative in your head about the positives that will translate to H&A domination. But for everyone else it’s a practice match, low contest factor that means nothing.

So this is the official schmuttt and TheCount thread?

Confess I’m a bit taken aback at the new Schmuttt avatar smouldering at me, though the lips look great with your colouring.

I watch three quarters of that match then put on our semi final v Hawks for a bit. I fall for this every year. JLT is really for the fans of the competing teams to watch. See a few new players, see a couple of teasing new structures. Build a suspect narrative in your head about the positives that will translate to H&A domination. But for everyone else it’s a practice match, low contest factor that means nothing.

Its a hard one. I don't give two shits about the result but I'm 'sorta' keen for JLT 2 as we are meant to be playing a very strong side. I'm intrigued by our matchup vs the Tigers as I think we've improved dramatically since ANZAC eve 2018 but I'll have to wait for the corresponding fixture this year to see how we go.

Its a hard one. I don't give two shits about the result but I'm 'sorta' keen for JLT 2 as we are meant to be playing a very strong side. I'm intrigued by our matchup vs the Tigers as I think we've improved dramatically since ANZAC eve 2018 but I'll have to wait for the corresponding fixture this year to see how we go.
I think JLT is great fun - but you kind of need to be watching your own team to get into it. I’ll be fully invested when we are playing - even though common sense tells me the score doesn’t mean much.

Every year I get too hyped for the first preseason match, only to find half way through that it’s not a real match and without getting to see your own players and make up a narrative of epic dominance or “positive signs” (for when your team loses) then it’s not a really involving game.

Shiel looked like he was limping when I switched over. Did I imagine that, and is it a thing?

I think JLT is great fun - but you kind of need to be watching your own team to get into it. I’ll be fully invested when we are playing - even though common sense tells me the score doesn’t mean much.

Every year I get too hyped for the first preseason match, only to find half way through that it’s not a real match and without getting to see your own players and make up a narrative of epic dominance or “positive signs” (for when your team loses) then it’s not a really involving game.

Shiel looked like he was limping when I switched over. Did I imagine that, and is it a thing?

He went off and didn't come back on, had an ice pack on his knee I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it was ...
Oh yeah sorry. I’ll * off and leave you to it :thumbsu:

BTW I’m already sure Mondays headline will involve baby blues, plus some general hype cliche like stamping their mark on the competition or give the competition something to talk about. Happened last year. Three weeks of “who can stop Charlie?” before the media realised that a few people clearly could, so stopped talking about it and relegated him back into the promising player basket.

Looking at the highlights, because not everyone has foxtel. Carlton look better but majority of conceded goals where out the back. But that's just from highlights, and is just JLT

Oh yeah sorry. I’ll **** off and leave you to it :thumbsu:

BTW I’m already sure Mondays headline will involve baby blues, plus some general hype cliche like stamping their mark on the competition or give the competition something to talk about. Happened last year. Three weeks of “who can stop Charlie?” before the media realised that a few people clearly could, so stopped talking about it and relegated him back into the promising player basket.
I’ll be very interested to see how the “Baby Blues are on the way up” compares to the “No need to worry about the Bombers, it’s only preseason” ... there always appears to be plenty of having ones cake, and eating it too this time of year.

I’ll be very interested to see how the “Baby Blues are on the way up” compares to the “No need to worry about the Bombers, it’s only preseason” ... there always appears to be plenty of having ones cake, and eating it too this time of year.
Hadn’t thought of that until you mentioned it. Indeed an awkward fixture with the two hype teams playing each other.

Hadn’t thought of that until you mentioned it. Indeed an awkward fixture with the two hype teams playing each other.
I’m quite sure it was the same situation last year, when Carlton beat St Kilda and Hawthorn, while Essendon got done by Richmond by 80odd, and then just beat Geelong. Doesn’t really seem to matter too much what they do, both are just great, right up until the real stuff starts

Yep, close game against the Eagles in Perth.
if thats the 1 im thinking of took my daughter to her first game when she was 1 and it was my birthday 9th of march or day either side. still my background on my phone. if not then i got all emotional over nothing haha

Geelong should be brought in front of the Commission for this short sleeved monstrosity
It’s vile.

I’ve literally spent the last few hours in an argument about whether this matters.

I’ve retained my position- the jumper is terrible. You can play Australian Rules football wearing a t-shirt if you like, but in a beach match or whatever.

It’s vile.

I’ve literally spent the last few hours in an argument about whether this matters.

I’ve retained my position- the jumper is terrible. You can play Australian Rules football wearing a t-shirt if you like, but in a beach match or whatever.
Other than the fact it look awful, there is the stupidity of it ... it’s hot, why would you want to be more clothed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back