Preview JLT Week 2 - Carlton vs St. Kilda @ Ikon Park, Wed 28th Feb 7:10pm - Team post #155

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
28279997_1679574025436849_8970089100600031483_n.jpg

1 week until what is hopefully a decent hit-out.

Thinking that we'll field a relatively competitive side in this one given only 2 pre-season matches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be interesting to see the spread of senior players/our top 5-10, younger fringe players, 1st years & rookies, new trades ins, etc. I imagine the second game will be pretty much our best side minus anyone who's got any slight injury/fitness worries that aren't worth risking a practice match for.

Will be interesting to see the spread of senior players/our top 5-10, younger fringe players, 1st years & rookies, new trades ins, etc. I imagine the second game will be pretty much our best side minus anyone who's got any slight injury/fitness worries that aren't worth risking a practice match for.

Can't see Murphy, Kreuzer and Simpson playing in this first one.

Think we'll go pretty strong with most of our quality young players though.

OMG! Footy is back! (with all due respect to AFLW, and no respect due AFL X).....

Very excited to see the boys in action.

As usual, pre-season comp is a chance to focus on the progress of the kids. Which is the main game for year 3 of the reset.

Can't see Murphy, Kreuzer and Simpson playing in this first one.

Think we'll go pretty strong with most of our quality young players though.
I reckon you can add Rowe and Lang to the omissions list due to fitness. Also, will Cripps play JLT1? Do we need to see any of Ed, Wright, Casboult, ASOS, Jones, Daisy, Kerridge, Graham? They're all fairly known quantities and I reckon the MC already has an idea of where they're at.

How about something like this:

FB: Macreadie, Marchbank, Plowman
HB: Byrne, Weitering, Cuningham
C: Dow, Cripps, Williamson
HF: Silvagni, Curnow, Garlett
FF: Pickett, McKay, Fisher
FOL: Phillips, Petrevski-Seton, Kennedy
INT1: O'Brien, Kerr, Polson, Lamb
INT2: Mullett, Lobbe, Shaw, O'Shea

It's an 8 man bench for JLT. Could maybe put LeBois/TDK/Schumacher into the bench somewhere. Maybe if Cripps doesn't play LeBois goes in rather than playing another tall or hbf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's my guess:

FB: Macreadie ASOS Marchbank
HB: Byrne Weitering Williamson
C: Dow Cuningham SPS
HF: Fisher C.Curnow Garlett
FF: SOS McKay Pickett

R: Lobbe Cripps Kennedy

Int: Kerridge, O'Brien, Lamb, Casboult, Schumacher, Mullett, Kerr, then one of Lang or Wright (subject to Lang's fitness).

The players only playing a half will be O'Brien, Casboult, Cripps, Schumacher, Lang/Wright, Marchbank, Kerr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back