Preview JLT1: Dockers vs Collingdidnt, Monday 4th March

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Who wants to write the preview? I don’t have time but thought I would start a thread for any pre-game banter, hopes, expectations, etc.

Basically, we play the two grand finalists from last year in our JLT games. If we beat them, we are looking good for the flag this year. If we lose, well, it’s against the grand finalists from last year! What did you expect! It’s a win-win for us!

Have at it. Please, somebody write a proper preview too. It’s only JLT, but FOOTY IS BACK BABY!!!! Unless we lose, then it’s only JLT!

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Is it bad that I like Beams, and therefore Collingdidn't by default, since Neale and his bff McClure smugged it off to Brisbane to gain some anonymity, only to have the smile wiped off their faces as Beams quickly evacuated that mosquito-ridden, reclaimed mangrove swamp?

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
Is it bad that I like Beams, and therefore Collingdidn't by default, since Neale and his bff McClure smugged it off to Brisbane to gain some anonymity, only to have the smile wiped off their faces as Beams quickly evacuated that mosquito-ridden, reclaimed mangrove swamp?

Who is this Neale you speak of with forked tongue ?.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Go for it.

Personally I am not a fan of any player who treats a club as he did. Neale had a little more dignity.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Basically, we play the two grand finalists from last year in our JLT games. If we beat them, we are looking good for the flag this year. If we lose, well, it’s against the grand finalists from last year! What did you expect! It’s a win-win for us!
Based on last year's JLT series this logic cannot be argued with :) Pencilling us in for top 4 whether we win or lose both games.

Galapagoose

Debutant
Jan 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’m not expecting us to get flogged but get ready to copy and paste this against the haterz.

“Don’t you know that Richmond lost by 100 points and won der flag the next season and WCE got flogged by Freo in the JLT and won the flag. So logically getting flogged by large amounts correlates to premierships you idiot.”

rgauci

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 16, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
DOCKERS
It’s not great we play both grand finalists. They would be weeks behind us in preparation and may not ‘try’ all that hard. I hope they show up and don’t field a really young team we flog.

GoFreo4eva

Freo Tragic Since the Beginning
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have no expectations of greatness from the 2 JLT games. It will however be nice to see semi competitive footy again and maybe get a better understanding of how all the new pieces fit into a better and more attacking game plan we saw early last season when we had the full team going well and the kids were still fresh.

LiZ4RD

Senior List
Aug 5, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Reckon the crowd will be full of Weagles supporters reminding everyone else who won last years flag.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sean Darcy listed... He's fine. Fyfe not playing, as expected.

FREMANTLE EXTENDED SQUAD
Hayden Ballantyne
Bailey Banfield
Brett Bewley
Andrew Brayshaw
Adam Cerra
Travis Colyer
Brennan Cox
Mitch Crowden
Sean Darcy
Taylin Duman
Stefan Giro
Joel Hamling
Bradley Hill
Jesse Hogan
Ethan Hughes
Scott Jones
Ed Langdon
Rory Lobb
Griffin Logue
Brandon Matera
Cam McCarthy
David Mundy
Alex Pearce
Luke Ryan
Lachie Schultz
Sam Switkowski
Matt Taberner
Darcy Tucker
Michael Walters
Nathan Wilson

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2019-02-28/jlt-squad-five-new-faces-

FREMANTLE EXTENDED SQUAD
Hayden Ballantyne
Bailey Banfield
Brett Bewley
Andrew Brayshaw
Adam Cerra
Travis Colyer
Brennan Cox
Mitch Crowden
Sean Darcy
Taylin Duman
Stefan Giro
Joel Hamling
Bradley Hill
Jesse Hogan
Ethan Hughes
Scott Jones
Ed Langdon
Rory Lobb
Griffin Logue
Brandon Matera
Cam McCarthy
David Mundy
Alex Pearce
Luke Ryan
Lachie Schultz
Sam Switkowski
Matt Taberner
Darcy Tucker
Michael Walters
Nathan Wilson

Freo_4eva

Premiership Player
Sep 5, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont, San Antonio, ND Irish
It's a fairly weird decision. It's as though they sought out the place with the least concentration of Freo supporters in the state and plonked it there.
Ill be there.. thats all that matters.

On another note, anyone else bought member tickets and been assigned "Seats" in the grandstand.. would that be for real?

Back