Game Day JLT1 v Norf - Kingston Twin Ovals, Hobart - Saturday

Remove this Banner Ad

First JLT game - hopefully most of may faves head over to play. Will be on the hill (actually I think there is a tiny grandstand so nearly everyone will be on the hill) sinking tins and yelling at the umps. Good times.

Not sure when the team is announced - maybe Wednesday?

Read somewhere that the club said they'll field the strongest possible side available for both games.
Hopefully we don't wear out our guys by taking JLT too seriously. We always burn out in the pointy end of the year and I don't think going 100% into practice matches helps

Hopefully we don't wear out our guys by taking JLT too seriously. We always burn out in the pointy end of the year and I don't think going 100% into practice matches helps
Ask anyone other than Dees fans and they'll say we should be fresh after bitching the camp.
But I'm pretty sure you can select a pretty large squad for the JLT and just rotate blokes through. They all definitely need a reasonable hit out before the real stuff.

It won't matter to much, plenty of time to rest up.

The club these days doesn't take anything lightly anymore, from AFLX to JLT it fields the strongest available side regardless

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pretty sure Goodwin wants to get games into the players. Players like Petracca Oliver and maybe Hunt played all JLT and then all 22 season games. Given Jennings post AFL X comments we are also playing to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming that, then:

B: Jetta OMac Lever
HB: Hibberd Frost Hunt
C: Stretch Oliver Lewis
HF: Melksham Hogan Petracca
F: Garlett TMac Hannan
R: Gawn Jones Brayshaw
Int: ANB Maynard Salem Bugg Pedersen Harmes Fritsch

No Tyson or Viney due to the injuries.

astrodee

Team Captain
Jan 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Aston Villa. Melbourne renegades
Assuming that, then:

B: Jetta OMac Lever
HB: Hibberd Frost Hunt
C: Stretch Oliver Lewis
HF: Melksham Hogan Petracca
F: Garlett TMac Hannan
R: Gawn Jones Brayshaw
Int: ANB Maynard Salem Bugg Pedersen Harmes Fritsch

No Tyson or Viney due to the injuries.

I'd be surprised if they didn't include Vince in the squad.

I'd be surprised if they didn't include Vince in the squad.
Vince should have retired at the end of last year. Only signed on because both he and the coaches are happy for him to play 2's

Howden

Draftee
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don’t think I’ve been ever more excited over our forward line. I think Fritsch will solidify his spot down the pointy end of the season. Petracca and Melksham will give a hard contest along the flank/wing.

Hopefully all 6 of them gel down there.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I don’t think I’ve been ever more excited over our forward line. I think Fritsch will solidify his spot down the pointy end of the season. Petracca and Melksham will give a hard contest along the flank/wing.

Hopefully all 6 of them gel down there.
Great Profile Pic you've got there.

First JLT game - hopefully most of may faves head over to play. Will be on the hill (actually I think there is a tiny grandstand so nearly everyone will be on the hill) sinking tins and yelling at the umps. Good times.

Not sure when the team is announced - maybe Wednesday?
Have a good one mate. Hopefully they can put norf to the sword for you.

Have a good one mate. Hopefully they can put norf to the sword for you.
Many before him have made the trip down to Tas and met with failure. At least one failure was a goal fest

I'm a local. 45 minute drive to the game.
Must be nice. I'm still waiting for the Dees to come to Wangaratta for a preseason game.

Melbournions have all the fun

While on the subject of preseason games i've only been to three up here. None consisting of Melbourne. North vs Saints in 2016 at Wang, Geelong vs Essendon in shepp 2016.

And oh joyous times, back in 2012 i begged my parents to take me to see St Kilda vs Essendon. AS prior to that i had only ever seen two AFL games in my life (and only one with melbourne) and i wanted to see something so badly. So on a bad and rainy day we went to Wang down the highway with the threat of floods, and watched the Saints train in the wet by themselves, Because they took a bus and the bombers took a plane, stopped and turned around because of how bad it was

Remove this Banner Ad

Back