Game Day JLT1 v Norf - Kingston Twin Ovals, Hobart - Saturday

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked the way we went about it today. Played a quick attacking game and we were hard.
Thought Gawn was massive and should be in for a big year.
Omac looked good and was strong in the contest. Lever also looks to have fit in well. Showed some good intercept play.
Fritsch looks a player.
Overall a great effort. Good to see so many guys capable of running through the midfield to.

Actually my main negative from the game was Brayshaw, I really dont think he looks up at the level he was and to be honest on the back of that game I wouldnt have him in the side for RD 1.

He was just ok but even Bernie looked better than him
He hasn’t had consistent game time for a couple of years, would do well to go back to the VFL for a month or so to build back his form and then return to the seniors IMO

He hasn’t had consistent game time for a couple of years, would do well to go back to the VFL for a month or so to build back his form and then return to the seniors IMO

Yeah I hope it isnt something more permanent for him. I dont think he has a defined role either but you are right when you said about his left peg, looks very much a hack kick half the time now like he no longer practices it.

Gus just needs consistent footy at any level to start the season. I won’t lie I’m a little worried that he doesn’t really have standout attributes at AFL level but see what happens this year before we make any calls on him.

Gus just needs consistent footy at any level to start the season. I won’t lie I’m a little worried that he doesn’t really have standout attributes at AFL level but see what happens this year before we make any calls on him.

He is too intelligent to not be on a list but someone like Harmes makes him look a pretty average athlete. I have this nagging feeling he is already close to his ceiling sans a bit more consistency.

Yeah I hope it isnt something more permanent for him. I dont think he has a defined role either but you are right when you said about his left peg, looks very much a hack kick half the time now like he no longer practices it.
Yeah I was very confused watching him kick, I’m used to his beautiful passing. Reckon it’s just confidence though

Yeah I was very confused watching him kick, I’m used to his beautiful passing. Reckon it’s just confidence though

I think he looks a man who feels the perceived pressure more than when he first came into the AFL. Just looks a more rushed player than the composed one who first played.

I think he looks a man who feels the perceived pressure more than when he first came into the AFL. Just looks a more rushed player than the composed one who first played.
Can’t really blame him to be fair. He’s one I’m hoping everyone can be patient with

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t really blame him to be fair. He’s one I’m hoping everyone can be patient with

Yeah I'm not gonna use the word scared or anything because he's a tough prick but he does look like a first year player again.

I blame Lewis and Salem as well, both of them walk into their chip kicks off a step when you need to gather momentum so both are prone to the odd underhit pass. Same as what Bray is doing. Nathan Jones is the only one on our list who can hit the one step kick perfectly and it's because he puts everything into it.

Yeah I'm not gonna use the word scared or anything because he's a tough prick but he does look like a first year player again.

I blame Lewis and Salem as well, both of them walk into their chip kicks off a step when you need to gather momentum so both are prone to the odd underhit pass. Same as what Bray is doing. Nathan Jones is the only one on our list who can hit the one step kick perfectly and it's because he puts everything into it.
Salem and Lewis kicked perfectly yesterday to be fair. Largely under no pressure but it was a good sign.

Salem and Lewis kicked perfectly yesterday to be fair. Largely under no pressure but it was a good sign.
Lewis only played a quarter but one of his kicks cost us a goal because he was lazy with it

Actually my main negative from the game was Brayshaw, I really dont think he looks up at the level he was and to be honest on the back of that game I wouldnt have him in the side for RD 1.

He was just ok but even Bernie looked better than him
I'll give him one thing, he was still sticking tackles better than anyone else. Even with his noggin issues he still likes the hard stuff.

Hmmmm, I am sceptical.

I’m not, coaching staff wouldn’t say he is ready for next week if he was still 5 weeks away. He won’t be as ready as he would be with a full unrestricted pre season but he is in the best condition he can be. The only thing that will hold him back is god forbid a set back with his injury

Lewis only played a quarter but one of his kicks cost us a goal because he was lazy with it

And this is where stats can misleading. He has 100% disposal efficiency but that half volley kick to Omac put him under the gun and then oliver was tackled and the ball spilt free

And this is where stats can misleading. He has 100% disposal efficiency but that half volley kick to Omac put him under the gun and then oliver was tackled and the ball spilt free
Exactly. I know it was the first quarter of the first practice match but from a 4 time premiership player you would expect him to show a little more care

Exactly. I know it was the first quarter of the first practice match but from a 4 time premiership player you would expect him to show a little more care

To be fair, 4 time Premiership players are going to be on autopilot during pre-season.

Daw as a key back doesn’t look like working. Maybe send him to the VFL Liam Jones style to turn him into a key back. But looked a bit lost today.

It was as if the Melbourne players up the field were all instructed to kick it to whoever was on Daw. At least 6 goals came from his inability to execute standard defensive practices. He shouldn't play AFL ever again. In fact, he should have been given the flick 3 years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back