JLT2 2019 - Hawthorn v Richmond, UTAS Stadium 7:10pm AEDT 9 March 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Truck off duuhwayne ya trucking prick "everythings ugly" .. we've scored 59 in a half and played some lovely footy, shut your mouth with that glass breaking voice ya dog

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was pretty unattractive football. Commentators have to call it as they see it. Thought the commentary was pretty on point.

O'Meara, Worps, Sheils, Cousins working really well together - some errant disposal but overall extremely impressive. We've also looking extremely quick running across halfback and flooding forward. Mitch Lewis has been incredible for the structure of our team and I hope he kicks two/three goals to reflect his game.

Scrimshaw playing himself into Round 1.

Well Scrimshaw was horrid that quarter... hardly got near it.... however Richmond set up the cone of silence at 1/4 time then put in place a devious Baldrick like cunning plan and decided not to move the ball towards Scrimshaw so at the moment they are trying for a soccer like scoreless draw for the rest of the game.

Mitch Lewis has been superb, his ability to kill a ball up forward to start again is David Hale like, his ability to keep it alive when numbers are evenish has set up goals and has freed the Roughy, freed the Roughy.

JOM I pray to god no more injuries... he's a class above anyone on the field today.

This is pleasantly surprising... and the scoreboard at the moment flatters them. If we'd kicked straight that first final... who knows.

Meh,

It’s a practice match
It is, but the pleasing thing is that the players all playing their part, doing what they’ve been asked and everything is falling into place.

At this time of the year, to see the players on the same page in so many passages of play is quite promising for the real stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two things have surprised me.
Macca is jumping higher and timing meeting the ball at it's highest point better than I've ever seen, and Ceglar is a brilliant two punch.
Secondly, Worps is not just a badass.....he's a badass badass.
Thanks HFC for making it worthwhile staying up at 3:25 am to watch my Hawkers show there is indeed a new plan and some exciting players who can execute it.:cool:

Is Mitch Lewis starting to look a lock for a Round 1 spot? Hope he has a stellar second half.

According to Fox Footy, they were told by the Hawks team manager that the 22 for round 1 will come from the 26 playing tonight, so he has an excellent chance of being there. Looking good actually.

Things I've learnt up to halftime.

Rance is still a massive flog and a dog, Jack Riewoldt has been watching Toby Green.
Not calling for sanctions but both should be sighted for a please explain.
I think Riewoldt has pulled 2 marking attempts - one against Stratton and the other Scrimshaw. He could have butchered those guys if he really was playing full tilt. Not sure how i read his kick into Brand.

But Rance certainly hit Poppy deliberately.

Good first half by the Hawks. Great to see some of the younger ones getting into it, really love O'Meara he is a class above with his ball use and setting up players

The midfield is really cohesive - but needs some extra class in there. Really looking forward to what Wingard brings.

Yes, more class needed. They are hanging on but barely. If Richmond's midfield get a run on then our boys will get stomped. But so far so good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back