JLT2 2019 - Hawthorn v Richmond, UTAS Stadium 7:10pm AEDT 9 March 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Love conformists, so easy to please.
Out of interest MS ..
Would like to know iyo how long it should take from extreme success ( 13,14,15 ) to rebuild to challenging again ?
We are 4yrs in to that journey yet you seem unhappy with our progress.

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Out of interest MS ..
Would like to know iyo how long it should take from extreme success ( 13,14,15 ) to rebuild to challenging again ?

It's not like we've in missed finals in that time either, obviously we'd all like to make the big dance every year, but despite losing so many club greats, we've still been relatively competitive and dangerous.

We're heading in the right direction and it's people like this, that make the ride less enjoyable.

Well played mod.
Correct weight.

That goes for any other keyboard warrior who thinks it’s a good idea to make up a shitty nickname for one of our own.

It’s not going to be toleratated.

MasterSamurai

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BayernMunchen
Is Clarko one of your conformists?

Why doesn’t the idiot just admit that we’re sh*t & get on the realist train with you?
He actually did. Listen to him carefully mate, he has the sense that the tigers were a bit off in the first half.

He actually did. Listen to him carefully mate, he has the sense that the tigers were a bit off in the first half.
Maybe he should have got a smug look on his face & dropped a “Mission: Accomplished” like his foolish mate at Geelong did when we rolled them a couple of year back?

MasterSamurai

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BayernMunchen
Out of interest MS ..
No I’m not unhappy per se, honestly I just can’t understand how people on here think everything went the way clarko planned. He looked concerned about the second half fadeout and you would be. I’m not suggesting we should’ve pumped Richmond , i don’t care about them, i am however, worried about how often even in season we’re in games till half time only to let games slip thereafter. It seems we’ve had this problem for a few years. People just wanna force good news upon themselves but to come crashing down during the season.

MasterSamurai

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BayernMunchen
Maybe he should have got a smug look on his face & dropped a “Mission: Accomplished” like his foolish mate at Geelong did when we rolled them a couple of year back?

Don’t worry about geelong . This is about hawthorn, the club I love.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

giphy-3.gif

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
You think tigers are going to allow us waltz around for the first half in season proper, then you don’t rate tigers one iota.

They couldn’t have imagined hawthorn would be so clinical with the ball.

Take the Lewis mark. Weren’t they trying? Cos it looked like they were.

Marking has been a big part of our game in JLT so far. You have to look twice to see if it’s actually Hawthorn

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Out of interest MS ..

It’s longer really
2011 prelim beaten narrowly by collingwood after a touch up by the premiers
2012 grand final beaten narrowly by the premiers
2013-15 we know
2016 lost narrowly to Geelong and a touch up by that years premiers

Six years better than all but a couple of clubs. Now into the third year post.

The kids got worn down in the end. They gassed. Fair enough.

It’s why everyone knows we need the 4-5 guns on the sidelines back in the team. You can only carry a handful of kids at any one time. They just can’t go 120 mins a game, week on week, and keep delivering. Heck, ours couldnt go 120 mins last night. It was glaring. But it is what it is at present.
Well said.

Interesting that ceglar only played 7, 9 and 6 minutes of game time in the first 3/4 then the whole last quarter.

This is when Lewis went off the ground too. McEvoy minutes were consistent per quarter

Easy Slips Catch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2006
Fringe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Interesting that ceglar only played 7, 9 and 6 minutes of game time in the first 3/4 then the whole last quarter.

This is when Lewis went off the ground too. McEvoy minutes were consistent per quarter

Be interesting to see how we juggle the two rucks. Rough is a lock at FF. Lewis seemed threatening up the ground. A third tall makes us a tad slow. Lewis builds on that first quarter and I reckon Cegs may struggle to get a run.

Wesley2

Premiership Player
May 22, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If JOM gets a good run at it for the rest of his career, he could very well be in contention for being one of the best handful of midfielders to ever play for our club. Unreal talent.

Yeah he looks as though the knee complaints are a distant memory, playing completely naturally and unconcerned. Had a wonderful preseason

Hawkie_McHawkHawk

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If JOM gets a good run at it for the rest of his career, he could very well be in contention for being one of the best handful of midfielders to ever play for our club. Unreal talent.
No doubt he’s an amazing talent and health permitting as you’ve said will be huge for the club, however I’m going to wait to see a whole season put together of good health and good football before I can raise my expectations to those heights.
Yesterday he showed his class a little, he is probably the most exiting thing about football for me in 2019

daniel23

Club Legend
Mar 19, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think we are a middle road team the way Richmond got that run on despite being a practice game was way to easy . We dont have enough top end talent to turn the game in our favour again, cotchin and riewoldt were putrid first half and almost taking the piss and just flicked a switch and were able to change the momentum .

People post on here as if Clarko has made major changes to the game plan that is revolutionary and every afl coach has no idea , but let's be honest it's very marginal despite rule changes . We possibly have the worst kpp depth in the afl , mirra and tob are vfl players and Lewis is a long long long way off and nash is purely athlete.

Out of the youngsters scrimshaw is a top end talent but has zero fitness and this was an issue in his under 18 year which was a reason why he played in the back half and not through the middle. Worpel and Morrison will become nice afl players and cousins should make it. Moore and hanrahan do not excite me they just aren't zippy or clean enough to play that fwd pocket role . Ross, jiath and walker are our best prospects.

What gives me hope is that Wingard realises how good he can be and becomes a top 10 talent in the comp along with Jaeger , gunston, Hardwick, Sicily, impey that could give us a chance at being competitive . Either way it's going to be an interesting year which I'm looking forward to

Remove this Banner Ad

Back