JLT2 2019 - Hawthorn v Richmond, UTAS Stadium 7:10pm AEDT 9 March 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond have always had good support in Tassie. Plus they haven't plaued at Aurora in years so they wer always going to go along in numbers.

This might be unpopular but they have more supporters than us, doesn't mean they are better or worse, but they've got more.

I always get a little frustrated how passive our supporters are; we've been partnered with Tasmania since 2007-ish (?), and UTAS Stadium is rarely close to capacity. If Tasmanian's can't get off their backside four times a year for a team that has given so much to their state, IMO, they don't deserve a full-fledged AFL team.

I always get a little frustrated how passive our supporters are; we've been partnered with Tasmania since 2007-ish (?), and UTAS Stadium is rarely close to capacity. If Tasmanian's can't get off their backside four times a year for a team that has given so much to their state, IMO, they don't deserve a full-fledged AFL team.

We get a pretty good deal from the Tassie thing to mate.

To be fair half the state aren't Hawk supporters and 99% of the games played down here are against garbage teams that we struggle to get 30k to in Melbourne anyway.

To be fair half the state aren't Hawk supporters and 99% of the games played down here are against garbage teams that we struggle to get 30k to in Melbourne anyway.
^^^^

This.

If I was only a football fan, rather than a Hawthorn supporter, I'd find it hard to get enthused about some of our launie opposition.

Tassie is Richmond heartland since the Royce Hart days, one of the few chances to see their team. I'm not surprised there was more of them than us.

How do people feel Hanrahan went across the JLT? Only able to follow on the radio and seemed to do a few nice things, but didn't quite put his hand up for senior selection?
Seemed quick with the ball & evasive, but didn't seem to put other players into space or hurt opposition by getting dangerous around goal. Don't think he applied too much defensive pressure, either.

I hadn't seen him before & didn't always recognise him so I may well have missed some of the good that he did.

^^^^

This.

If I was only a football fan, rather than a Hawthorn supporter, I'd find it hard to get enthused about some of our launie opposition.

Tassie is Richmond heartland since the Royce Hart days, one of the few chances to see their team. I'm not surprised there was more of them than us.

I’m not disputing that hawks in tassie seems past it’s zenith, but over the years, some of the teams have been at the top end of the ladder

How do people feel Hanrahan went across the JLT? Only able to follow on the radio and seemed to do a few nice things, but didn't quite put his hand up for senior selection?
Good performances without locking himself in. Shows good speed and creativity but I think he is still finding his range at senior level. Needs time in the seniors to do that I guess. There was one moment against Richmond in the last quarter. The ball was kicked forward and Hanrahan was charging at the ball and looked like he was going to have a hard task picking it up. He managed to take it cleanly and turn hard at speed and kick a beautiful kick across the field to a free player. Screamed afl quality in that moment.

The ball was kicked forward and Hanrahan was charging at the ball and looked like he was going to have a hard task picking it up. He managed to take it cleanly and turn hard at speed and kick a beautiful kick across the field to a free player. Screamed afl quality in that moment.
And then Breust screwed it up, IIRC...

That was a very typical read after a JLT loss. Hooray we are awesome then WTF... what rubbish. Seriously funny stuff.
I don’t get a lot out of the Tassie games as I always think they are scrappy & very unwatchable; same this time round.
Soo... world beaters in the first half & then in the second half we get pressure in the middle & the backline goes under the pump & guess what... the BH boys get another spray.
Not a lot out of the game bar a few km in the legs & a hit out trying a few things up against good opposition who flicked the switch in the 3rd quarter.

In short...
Mitch Lewis has to play CHF. I don’t care if he gasses out! Best chf option on the list.

Scrimmers has some work to do building up his tank but is best 22 now.

Impey will be a new animal this year. Get excited.

Jags will carry the midfield into the finals.

All in all a pretty non game with inconsistencies & lack of intensity.

Bring on the real stuff, get the injured & rested back up to speed & we should be rolling to another finals campaign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TOB had some bad moments not nearly as bad as some are making it to be. Morrison msy have been running with someone hard to know as the bloody tv just follows the ball. Cant wait for our first game

^^^^

This.

wouldn't think there is more of them in tassie, simply they never get the chance hence they all come out...we had Hudson them Hart the saints Baldock id imagine all 3 are well supported with us the most support

wouldn't think there is more of them in tassie, simply they never get the chance hence they all come out...we had Hudson them Hart the saints Baldock id imagine all 3 are well supported with us the most support
Yeah, but Hart's supporters are still alive.

I’m not disputing that hawks in tassie seems past it’s zenith, but over the years, some of the teams have been at the top end of the ladder
Hard to get big crowds in Launie when we are getting a combination of Port, Freo, Brisbane and Gold Coast shoved down our throats every season.

Good performances without locking himself in. Shows good speed and creativity but I think he is still finding his range at senior level. Needs time in the seniors to do that I guess. There was one moment against Richmond in the last quarter. The ball was kicked forward and Hanrahan was charging at the ball and looked like he was going to have a hard task picking it up. He managed to take it cleanly and turn hard at speed and kick a beautiful kick across the field to a free player. Screamed afl quality in that moment.

Thanks for sharing !!

The Hawks spine will determine our season. Frawley, Mohr, Brand, TOB, Lewis, Schoey and Roughy. These are the players in our spine.

Fr#rk me. We are all-in on Mitch Lewis.

We need a tall shut down backman: answer Kyle Reid. ... All Aus CHB. Yes a bit short but the same height as TOB.
The ONLY player in the team of the year NOT taken in the draft.

Last edited:
What about poor norf

The Hawks spine will determine our season. Frawley, Mohr, Brand, TOB, Lewis, Schoey and Roughy. These are the players in our spine.

Fr#rk me. We are all-in on Mitch Lewis.

We need a tall shut down backman: answer Kyle Reid. ... All Aus CHB. Yes a bit short but the same height as TOB.
The ONLY player in the team of the year NOT taken in the draft.

in 2008 we beat supposedly one of the best teams ever with Gilham and Hodge as KPD (Croad hobbled) There are ways.
And Gibbo want the tallest player going round...or rated until he came to us. Trust in Clarko and his team. Glass and Sammy already seem to be making an impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Back