JLT2 2019 - Hawthorn v Richmond, UTAS Stadium 7:10pm AEDT 9 March 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody lucky

Was a stupid move, but from the sounds it seems as though they're stepping back from the week penalty for most of this stuff. Hocking said the free is the most important aspect, and so long as they're paying that for low impact shots it's enough.

Dave Id

Club Legend
Oct 25, 2015
Some Australian Mountain Range
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao FC
Was a stupid move, but from the sounds it seems as though they're stepping back from the week penalty for most of this stuff. Hocking said the free is the most important aspect, and so long as they're paying that for low impact shots it's enough.

Mug he gave a tap to should have been cited for the elbow to the head and overacting.

Dave Id

Club Legend
Oct 25, 2015
Some Australian Mountain Range
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao FC
Errr, sorry to burst some bubbles but there was hardly any change other than brand replaced by Tim in the third! All our senior mids were there. Burgoyne, O’Meara, Shiels, Big Boy, Smith and Worpel were the ones that got their arses handed to them.

Coupla relatives in that game.

Rance Id and some other guy who's name escapes me :)

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just got to watch it.

The best: Scrimshaw, O'Meara, Roughy.

The Worst: Breust had a shocker. 4 sitters missed by senior players (poor) which would have iced the game. Was going to mention O'Brien but am not allowed to call him any names. ;) Not convinced on Hanrahan, but in his defence probably needs a decent run to get used to the pace of the game.

Just got to watch it.

The best: Scrimshaw, O'Meara, Roughy.

The Worst: Breust had a shocker. 4 sitters missed by senior players (poor) which would have iced the game. Was going to mention O'Brien but am not allowed to call him any names. ;) Not convinced on Hanrahan, but in his defence probably needs a decent run to get used to the pace of the game.
If you have an opinion on his game and can make it without calling him names go ahead

That was a very typical read after a JLT loss. Hooray we are awesome then WTF... what rubbish. Seriously funny stuff.
I don’t get a lot out of the Tassie games as I always think they are scrappy & very unwatchable; same this time round.
Soo... world beaters in the first half & then in the second half we get pressure in the middle & the backline goes under the pump & guess what... the BH boys get another spray.
Not a lot out of the game bar a few km in the legs & a hit out trying a few things up against good opposition who flicked the switch in the 3rd quarter.

In short...
Mitch Lewis has to play CHF. I don’t care if he gasses out! Best chf option on the list.

Scrimmers has some work to do building up his tank but is best 22 now.

Impey will be a new animal this year. Get excited.

Jags will carry the midfield into the finals.

All in all a pretty non game with inconsistencies & lack of intensity.

Bring on the real stuff, get the injured & rested back up to speed & we should be rolling to another finals campaign.

Read the thread over the last 30 minutes and agree that Mitch and Scrimmers should play best 22. I think Scrimmers starts on the pine and goes in to assist when required whilst building his tank. Mitch up forward provides the marking target we hoped Shoey would be. Very happy re Ceglar in the pre-season and looking forward to a more 50/50 split with him and BB. Thinking BB rests back and Cegs rests forward.
For round 1 I would like to see

HARDWICK FRAWLEY STRATTON
IMPEY BRAND SICILY
HENDERSON JOM SMITH
BURGOYNE LEWIS BREUST
CEGLAR ROUGH POPPY
BB SHIELS WORPEL

GUNSTON COUSINS MORRISON SCRIMSHAW

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 11, 2004
I'm Liv'n in the 70's
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill , BulleenTemp.
Just a casual observation for Jack
Players who admit to milking frees in the media tend to struggle when it comes to “earning” a free kick.

No I hear the AFL say
umpires wouldn’t be influenced by a player who, by default, implies how easy it is to stooge them

That would imply that umpires were human and influenced by public opinion 😉

Quiet night then?
No just noted your passive aggressive dig about not being able to call our players s**t names.

If you want to say Timmy missed a tackle or played poorly go ahead, criticism of his game is fair game, having a dig at a mod drawing a line in the sand on insulting players by giving them the kind of nicknames opposition posters would is not

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No just noted your passive aggressive dig about not being able to call our players s**t names.

If you want to say Timmy missed a tackle or played poorly go ahead, criticism of his game is fair game, having a dig at a mod drawing a line in the sand on insulting players by giving them the kind of nicknames opposition posters would is not
Passive dig. Get a grip. In all my years on Bigfooty I have probably once lowered my colours to name calling.

Bumps"N"Grins

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sell the team Dolan
Passive dig. Get a grip. In all my years on Bigfooty I have probably once lowered my colours to name calling.
Timmy almost got a massive run last season and hardly ever got called on during the season proper.
Milkshaker we need to take into account that even mods need a preseason, as this might prick Abbaman now after round seven or eight and the hawks being outside the top eight mods are going to be flatout banning oppo supporters to worry about soft fiftys metre like the one you have been called on.
Think you have been a fair poster on here over your time, not a fan of name calling but understand how in this case it happens. As for Timmy's game in the jlt 2 thought he was thrown a hot potato as the hawks mids were getting owned after halftime and that was the same time Tim came in cold to man one of the league's better forwards, personally had seen better defenders than Tim made to look stupid with fast ball movement from mids.
Thumbs up emoji.

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Timmy almost got a massive run last season and hardly ever got called on during the season proper.
Milkshaker we need to take into account that even mods need a preseason, as this might prick Abbaman now after round seven or eight and the hawks being outside the top eight mods are going to be flatout banning oppo supporters to worry about soft fiftys metre like the one you have been called on.
Think you have been a fair poster on here over your time, not a fan of name calling but understand how in this case it happens. As for Timmy's game in the jlt 2 thought he was thrown a hot potato as the hawks mids were getting owned after halftime and that was the same time Tim came in cold to man one of the league's better forwards, personally had seen better defenders than Tim made to look stupid with fast ball movement from mids.
Thumbs up emoji.
Getting called on a passive dig now? Rustled my jimmies more than Timmies 3rd quarter against the Tiges.

The main board is just a simmered down version of Bay 13. Be great if there was a serious forum for discussion, for all fans.

The main board has become an absolute borefest. The Geelong poster ??? Is the king of dull threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back