Game Day JLT2 - Carlton vs Collingwood - Monday 11th March 2.10PM @ Morwell - Final Team Post #777

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the only way Polson loses his spot is for Fasolo. The reality is the coach has even said he is there for pressure and brings that. He keeps his spot likely based on requirements to have forward pressure for me

This game will tell us more about our coming season and structures. Unfortunately, Collingwood is a very good side.

Isn't it better for our weaknesses get exposed by a good team while we still have time to tinker before round one, rather than hidden against a crap side and exposed against the Tigers ?

Edit: sorry I see asked and answered already. Carry on...

Also .. I have noticed Garlett in a lot of peeps teams … just don't see it and his turn overs have been damaging to both the momentum and scoreboard ….

Really not sold at all.

Also .. I have noticed Garlett in a lot of peeps teams … just don't see it and his turn overs have been damaging to both the momentum and scoreboard ….

Really not sold at all.

Patience Crush. He's like a 2nd year player. Essendon game was big improvement on Hawthorn game. Keeps improving we will have a good player. He's 22 with 28 games under him and missed a year. His pre season has been as good as anyone on our list

Last year he wouldn't take on the game and avoided contests. People said he was soft. Has fixed that, is fit and works hard.

He is actually a very good kick and has some special talent. It's just confidence and experience and feeling part of it. If he can get some continuity I'm confident we will have a very good player and a weapon off HB.

People really need to stop judging these young blokes too quickly.

26 likely to get a run (we had 25 vs ESS with Schumacher playing limited minutes at the end, Lobbe and maybe Plowman as the subs?)

- JSOS, Dow, Murphy, LOB, SPS
- Simpson, Kennedy, Kreuzer, Cripps (happy to rest, Fasolo), McKay,
- McGovern, Jones, Walsh, Plowman, Garlett
- Weitering, Newman, Fisher, Lobbe or Phillips (whoever is #2), Cuningham
- Polson, Charlie (happy to rest for TDK or Kerr), Ed, Thomas, Gibbons
- Setterfield

Thought most of the younger players showed improvement in their game & output on the field being JSOS, Dow, SPS, McKay (worked hard), Walsh, Garlett, Weitering, Fisher (DE% down), DC, Polson, Setterfield & Gibbons which hopefully augers well for a more consistent season ahead.

I think the only way Polson loses his spot is for Fasolo. The reality is the coach has even said he is there for pressure and brings that. He keeps his spot likely based on requirements to have forward pressure for me

Need to trim 25-26 to 22 for Round One. There is also a few to come back. I really like Polson but with form of DC & Gibbons and our midfield I find it hard to fit him into 22 for Rd One. Like to see him go back and get some full games

He is actually a very good kick and has some special talent. It's just confidence and experience and feeling part of it. If he can get some continuity I'm confident we will have a very good player and a weapon off HB.

I think he can be a good kick but only at times, has always seemed inconsistent on hitting targets even from his GCFC days. Skills coach/es should really be harnessing this for our players for field kicking.

Was good to see him cracking in on his defensive attacks on opponents, his confidence in the shoulder was good to be seen resuming.

I think he can be a good kick but only at times, has always seemed inconsistent on hitting targets even from his GCFC days. Skills coach/es should really be harnessing this for our players for field kicking.

His kicking at training is excellent. He is a very good ball user. Just now needs to transfer it to AFL level. Will come with experience and continuity.

Patience. Still learning

I like that side Jimster but Garlett worries me. In fact if they lined up like that I would expect the opposition to attack that wing.. looks weak
The alternatives are Thomas, Schumacher, JSOS or throwing Goddard into the mix and hoping we're mobile enough.

For now it's slim pickings unless Stocker bobs up.

Fish anyone ?

On SM-T580 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Look on the half forward flank in my team...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think where we were 3 years ago to where we are now! :cool:

...............then where we will be in 2-3 years. ;)

Easy to find negatives but overall I couldn't be happier or pleasantly surprised
I have to say in all honesty I didnt know what to think when SOS came in. But he has exceeded all hopes.
Not by himself of course but if your a coach and he presents this list as of now in just 3 years you have to think he's using magic.
You also know that Russell is not coming to Carlton if he thinks its a basketcase.

I have to say in all honesty I didnt know what to think when SOS came in. But he has exceeded all hopes.
Not by himself of course but if your a coach and he presents this list as of now in just 3 years you have to think he's using magic.
You also know that Russell is not coming to Carlton if he thinks its a basketcase.

We’ve brought in so much quality on and off the field.

During the Malthouse years I’d effectively given up.

To see what has happened in 3 years is incredible

Thank Goodness

Same, but Lobbe. Assuming a 6-man bench:

FB: Plowman Jones Newman
HB: Garlett Weitering Simpson
C: Murphy Dow O'Brien
HF: SPS C.Curnow Fisher
FB: McGovern McKay Cuningham

R: Kreuzer Cripps E.Curnow

Int: Setterfield, Thomas, Walsh, Gibbons, Lobbe, Fasolo

Will be interesting to see who drops out of this team if Fasolo is a surprise start in round 1. You’d think it would have to be one of the midfielders but I’m having a hard time picking one to drop.

Typically the games v Collingwood are close contests. Apart from that rubbish Malthouse game we’ve been in the contest in most of the games over the last 5 years.

LOB, Kennedy and Kruez will probably come in for this.

Round 1 audition for Kennedy I think. Was okay against the Hawks, but was expected to be the main inside mid along with Dow.

With Cripps back I'm keen to see what Kennedy can do. Think he needs to show a bit as going to be very tough for spots for round 1.

Can see round 1 shaping up like this-

FB- Plowman Jones Simpson
HB- Newman Weitering Thomas

C- LOB Dow Walsh
FOL- Kruez Cripps SPS

HF- Cunningham Charlie Fisher
FF- Gibbons McKay Mcgovern

int- Setterfield, Murphy, Jsos, Ed

I think Kennedy is competing for Eds spot. Ed probably ahead if plan to play him forward too.

Garlett and Polson I think will miss out. Need to develop a bit more. Garlett new to the backline. Go learn the craft in vfl for 6 weeks and prove yourself.

Unfortunately Polson doesn't get enough of it. And the competition for spots too fierce right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back