Game Day JLT2 - Carlton vs Collingwood - Monday 11th March 2.10PM @ Morwell - Final Team Post #777

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if true. Liam was wearing the t shirt training top at 3/4 time. Was fairly obvious that he was not playing at all. Unless it changed during the game.

They usually do wear this, then change when it is go time.

See earlier games.
I am inclined not to believe any of this. And I think Bolts hinted at it when he said about Stocker he will get a taste of it. Clearly they want guys hungry for a game so they go up a notch. No more gifted stuff even in the practice games is my reading of things. We heard from a few recently that Stocker is a ways off yet. So the likeliest thing is he was given a rest after a hard preseason. Kerr is not quite at the standard either from whats been seen.

I am inclined not to believe many things I wish didn’t happened.
Unfortunately, simply having a favourable disposition towards a certain bias doesn’t outway facts.

Not commenting on your inclination players deserved a game, irrelevant to my point!

I am stating stocker, therefore I suspect both boys were told they would play. Families and friends were told they were to play (albeit limited minutes).

To change this on the day, or during the game is pathetic from a group that preaches communication and honesty.

To embarrass a young man in front of his closet support network will almost certainly knock his confidence a little. If simply ignored, can easily snowball in to far worse. As unfortunately, now the whole support network feel equally mislead and do not trust the message.
Hopefully no close friends (players) are jaded.

Trust isn’t just something you can preach in press conferences and demand of players, it has to be earnt and is a two way street.

Decent result with a few issues I am confident will come good... Charlie Curnow just looks down on confidence, not sure what is behind it because from all reports had a really strong pre season, just wonder if he is carrying a niggle and hiding it.

Harry McKay, just needs to start clunking the marks.. once he does look out.
He clunked 4 contested. What more do you want??

He clunked 4 contested. What more do you want??
Yeah Charlie gathers 14 possessions, 7 marks (2 contested) and 1 goal 2 in a shortened match and everyone thinks it is a disaster, Harry takes 4 contested marks and we have to wait for him to start clunking them.

These two are going to have good years but let's not expect them to dominate every game like Carey.

Last edited:
Rewatched the game.

Don't like Charlie being stationary inside 50. Clubs will target him. He needs to be on the move and use his engine. McGovern is similar. It would be tempting to use Casboult & McKay as big targets if we are going to go long all the time and have Charlie as a mobile option.

As good as Charlie will be I don't see him as a true KPP that can stand as a target. IMO our structure needs work and looking at
That’s right Soap Charlie and McG are leading forwards and need to be used as such, I think JSOS suffered from this as well and even Harry with his speed is good on the move, I think it is about getting the ball in deep to try and lock it in as Bolts pointed out at the break. However we need to start leading as a forward group as it will be a lot more effective as we saw when Cripps went forward he made space and led into it and the boys hit him up, need to use both styles with a better balance between the 2 giving both talls and smalls a fair crack at it.

Adams who was out I guess and DeGoey and Stephenson in bursts. Phillips and Treloar are elite runners who are quick but maybe not elite in explosiveness.
For someone who never rated them last year I actually thought they were pretty impressive. All of Sier, Stephenson, WHE, Adams and De Goey would fix pretty much all of what they were lacking on the Monday.
My early tip would be a Richmond Collingwood grand final.
Heaven forbid

Last edited:
Ultimately I am concerned with his maximal (and functional) upper body strength long term, but he'd be 185 and 83 right now. He's in a good space.

Running is what he needs. Capacity to work hard both ways like the best mids do. Just needs time.

We made the Top 8 :D

D1cDbWiX4AAsTmd.jpg
According to the AFL site we finished 9th on there ladder positions.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find that strange, given you would prefer to let them have another hitout at any level this time of the year

That was my first reaction too. But maybe they have had huge loads put on them (we know stoker has been put into a catch up program) and reportedly Kerr has been putting in a huge amount in preseason as well. It could be that Russell decided they needed resting and thought lets kill 2 birds with one stone

That was my first reaction too. But maybe they have had huge loads put on them (we know stoker has been put into a catch up program) and reportedly Kerr has been putting in a huge amount in preseason as well. It could be that Russell decided they needed resting and thought lets kill 2 birds with one stone
Maybe they didn’t have any fresh blood on hand for Stoker to suck down before he went out. 😂🤣lol just taking the piss.

Running is what he needs. Capacity to work hard both ways like the best mids do. Just needs time.
There's a combination of factors there, including understanding where to run and how to push off, block and maintain balance when pushed off from. Upper body strength can help with keeping balance when coming out of stoppage, especially while being tackled.

All in all, I think he would get 5 more disposals a game if his team mates just looked for him, which they hopefully will start to in the season proper.

Wouldn’t mind if Stocker was tried in this role as he has all the same attributes plus he’s a better kick on both sides, hope they persist with him in this possie at VFL level would be extremely valuable.

He's a mid Murph. It's just part of his development. Once ready he will play midfield and we will be very happy he does.

This game didn't have my full attention as it was the day after my wedding but this is what I took from it.

Walsh is gonna be one of those guys who just gives you an excellent output every week.

Cunners will be our biggest improver this year.

Daisy, SPS, Murph all great.

Phillips worries me as the number one ruck. Doesn't offer anything around the ground.

All in all, a great hitout by the boys. Bring on Round 1!

This game didn't have my full attention as it was the day after my wedding but this is what I took from it.

Walsh is gonna be one of those guys who just gives you an excellent output every week.

Cunners will be our biggest improver this year.

Daisy, SPS, Murph all great.

Phillips worries me as the number one ruck. Doesn't offer anything around the ground.

All in all, a great hitout by the boys. Bring on Round 1!
Congrats cfc4life

Remove this Banner Ad

Back