Game Day JLT2 - Carlton vs Collingwood - Monday 11th March 2.10PM @ Morwell - Final Team Post #777

skadoosh

Premiership Player
May 26, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
LOB and Kennedy in. No idea who comes out. Full game time, no extra players, normal season rotations. More of what we saw vs *. No injuries. Run out 4 quarters.

passmark

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Changes? Time to rest some guys, or drop in our best team?
Not sure.
Would 12 days between scratch matches and 10 days before season starts against a a fired up Tigers who think they’re the best team in the comp come into consideration?

As much as I’d like to leave out the big names and trial as many scenarios and players as possible, I’m not sure we can afford to and expect a good hit out round one. Mentally I think we need to take some form in.

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
We should be going in as full strength as possible.

If fit, Kreuzer and Fasolo should be trialed. Phillips as the 2nd ruck if Kreuzer plays.

It's going to be hard saying goodbye to Polson tbh, love his endeavour and he was actually much more involved against Essendon than against Hawthorn.

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Think this will be close to Round One side. Last big hit out before Tigers. Need another good performance

Something like:

B: Thomas Jones Plowman
HB: Garlett Weitering Newman

Foll: Phillips Kennedy SPS
C: Murphy Cripps Simpson

HF: Cuningham Charlie Curnow
F: McGovern McKay Gibbons

Int: Walsh Setterfield Jack Dow Lobbe O'Brien

Assuming Willo Doc Pickett Kruezer Lang Marchbank injured

Polson full game in 2's. Fasolo resumes in the 2's

Last edited:
Think this will be close to Round One side. Last big hit out before Tigers. Need another good performance

Something like:

Int: Walsh Setterfield Jack Dow Lobbe Fasolo

Polson full game in 2's.
No Number 4 ?

rp84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Philadelphia 76ers

Something like:

Int: Walsh Setterfield Jack Dow Lobbe O'Brien

Polson full game in 2's. Fasolo resumes in the 2's

Have to agree. I feel like Gibbons could be our puopolo. Hes quick, can tackle and find a goal. Looks streets ahead of polson.

Did Kennedy kill it in the twos? He needs a big game against collingwood because was very underwhelming the week before.

I really think O'Brien is comfortably in our 22.

I think walsh is our starting winger and Simpson starts on the bench.

We cant play 2 rucks.

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
If either O'Brien or Kennedy are left out of this team, they may not be in the MC's sights for round 1.

Schumacher will likely be pushed out and possibly Polson making way also. That may be it, unless someone else has an injury we don't know about.
Maybe Kreuzer for Lobbe also. Fasolo? Maybe

Interesting also that 3 of our rookies, in Goddard, Owies and LeBois didn't play at all on Thursday night. Wonder why?

On the sidelines: Docherty, Marchbank, Williamson, Pickett & Macreadie. Not a bad little grouping right there.
Goddard was in the NB's game, not Owies or LeBois though....or Cottrell.

Kruez definitely should have a run before round 1....Lachie as well. Kennedy was okay in the NB's game without being a standout, but also may need a run in the senior game to get him back up to scratch. I'd be tempted to only play Crippa for a half as well, a bit like what * did with Heppell and Merrett....no real need to risk him in a practice game.

Wouldn't be surprised if they may even bring in TDK, possibly for Charles. Thought he was really good in the NB's game rucking and up forward, and it wouldn't hurt Charlie to sit it out if he still has a bit of a calf niggle...we know he'll have no problems running out the game in round 1.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
We should be going in as full strength as possible.

If fit, Kreuzer and Fasolo should be trialed. Phillips as the 2nd ruck if Kreuzer plays.

It's going to be hard saying goodbye to Polson tbh, love his endeavour and he was actually much more involved against Essendon than against Hawthorn.
Same, but Lobbe. Assuming a 6-man bench:

FB: Plowman Jones Newman
HB: Garlett Weitering Simpson
C: Murphy Dow O'Brien
HF: SPS C.Curnow Fisher
FB: McGovern McKay Cuningham

R: Kreuzer Cripps E.Curnow

Int: Setterfield, Thomas, Walsh, Gibbons, Lobbe, Fasolo

Feb 8, 2012
Publican Baghdad Ritz
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Same, but Lobbe. Assuming a 6-man bench:

FB: Plowman Jones Newman
HB: Garlett Weitering Simpson
C: Murphy Dow O'Brien
HF: SPS C.Curnow Fisher
FB: McGovern McKay Cuningham

R: Kreuzer Cripps E.Curnow

Int: Setterfield, Thomas, Walsh, Gibbons, Lobbe, Fasolo
I like that side Jimster but Garlett worries me. In fact if they lined up like that I would expect the opposition to attack that wing.. looks weak

Have to agree. I feel like Gibbons could be our puopolo. Hes quick, can tackle and find a goal. Looks streets ahead of polson.

Did Kennedy kill it in the twos? He needs a big game against collingwood because was very underwhelming the week before.

I really think O'Brien is comfortably in our 22.

I think walsh is our starting winger and Simpson starts on the bench.

We cant play 2 rucks.

Love what I've seen so far from the Gibbmeister … travelling as well as a rookie could be leading into R1......

Back