JLT2 - Crows v Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear to get a bigger run.
Agreed

running-deer_3.jpg

if Knight doesn't play I don't know if I'll be more stunned or disappointed. Greenwood would be a lovely bonus.

want to see Milera, Hampton, Menzel and Poholke again, and why the hell not when Sloane and Brad can't play. Has there been any more info on Doedee's little (supposedly?) injury? Desperate to see him out there too. Hunter's not a bad idea either, Jacobs and ROB didn't exactly fill me with confidence on Friday night.
Wigg too.
His DE was around 60. Reckon he can perform much better

Very hard to tell what will happen this week until we know something about the injury situation.

They'll want to look at CEY, Beech and Dear cos of SANFL form last year.
They've said they'll look at Gallucci, Knight, Greenwood and Hunter this week.

There are people who look fringe 22 who will want more time to push a case again such as Hampton, Menzel, Milera and Mackay.

After that it gets tough to work out what's going on.

I would assume we'd try and keep a bit of experience around which to keep structures etc intact, otherwise we don't get enough from the game. Below is what happened in Game 2 last year. I couldn't remember how much experience we rested, I didn't realise it was as much as shown here(that is there was more experience in the stands in that match than I recall). I have bolded the people that played who I consider experienced:

IN
Rory Sloane
Troy Menzel
Sam Shaw
Jake Kelly
Reilly O’Brien

OUT
Scott Thompson
Daniel Talia
Taylor Walker
Eddie Betts
Sam Jacobs

The team is:
4. Josh Jenkins
6. Jake Lever
7. Nathan van Berlo
8. Mitch Grigg
9. Rory Sloane
11. Paul Seedsman
14. David Mackay
15. Kyle Hartigan
16. Luke Brown
21. Rory Atkins
25. Kyle Cheney
26. Richard Douglas
27. Tom Lynch

28. Cam Ellis-Yolmen
29. Rory Laird
30. Wayne Milera
31. Jarryd Lyons
32. Troy Menzel
33. Brodie Smith
34. Sam Shaw
36. Dean Gore
38. Harry Dear
41. Mitch McGovern
43. Reilly O’Brien
44. Matt Crouch
47. Jake Kell

For comparison Jack is Back's team from the OP has the following experience (bolded):

Wigg Hartigan Otten

Smith Talia Laird

Atkins M Crouch Milera

Cameron McGovern Knight

Menzel Jenkins Lynch

O'Brien

Hampton

Douglas

Greenwood, Gallucci, Kelly, Mackay, Poholke, Gore, Dear, Hunter.

11 experienced v 12 experienced. So J.I.B is pretty close to on the money. If it were me I'd want to look at CEY and Beech, so I'd drop Dougie and Poholke. I know people are making a case to keep Poholke in but if he was going to get 3 games surely Gallucci was going to as well and had to feature in the first game too. I think they might get two at most, we could always drop a Lynch, Laird or Smith (ones for which we have like for likes waiting or in the team already) to all this to happen (Poholke to play).

Would like to see what knight, gallucci, doedee and greenwood can do another game into rob, menzel, hampton, dear, polke, wigg, and milera.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Brown was going to be available. If so, rest Laird as he had a good hit out.

Agree the fit guys who missed must come in, particularly Knight, Gallucci & Greenwood who may be in the mix for round 1.

I would play Tex for at least a half as needs to find some form. Rest JJ instead as was on song.
I would keep Laird in the side and push him into the mid-field for a Half, I would also look at bringing in brown for MacKay

I'm looking forward to another hit out and in contrast to some on this board, am looking forward to both what out team as a whole and our midfield might produce this year. I believe we are building more depth and a good group of top end talent overall. All going well I expect us to be there abouts for the four and certainly top eight. As the Doggies showed anything can happen from there. Of course every other team is spending itself improving also. I love the look of our indigenous boys (Cameron, Milera, Hampton, Betts) infusing pace and x factor through the middle and up forward. He only had limited minutes on the ground but we looked much better when Mitch McGovern was out there. Plenty of x factor there. Another with only a few minutes was Beech, but showed in that time we need to see more of him. Hopefully this weekend with any luck.

At some stage during the game would love to see a few midfield bounces with the set up of Atkins M Crouch ROB Hampton just to see how they go.

Inclusions I would like to see would be Greenwood, Galluci and Knight.

I would leave out Tex, Sauce, Eddie McGovern and Jenkins. Rest up and have a decent hit out against the Brians the following week.

Have Dear play Jenkins role.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dear too the midfield?

Kidding not kidding... Don't think it'll work at all, but hell, what is 1 1/4 of jlt too put into a potential monster mid? Roughead like.

I just hope we test people and systems as much as possible.
GWS rd 1 is going to be massive, we need everything humming nicely.
Mackay is humming at Mackay level he can rest, so can Talia , Betts and Laird.
Menzel needs all 3 games, he was a little off on Friday but still produced a great couple plays IMO not done enough yet for rd1 but I'm a believer.
Hampton was impressive and needs to back it up.
CC gets better with every minute that he plays.
ROB needs to play out the rest of the series. We need him.
Love to see Doedee and Greenwood as well they've had time in the system now they need a run.
Poholke will be a draft gem, another run please.
Milera looks that bit better.
And show us the Gooch!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back